Author Topic: Busted again...  (Read 8404 times)

Offline Beauregard Hooligan

• CAS-L Moderator
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Cas City Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Busted again...
« on: April 28, 2006, 12:24:35 AM »
Howdy Folks,

Just when you think things are getting better; feces occurs. When I fell in the bathtub I fractured the L3 vertebrae, which is why I can't control or feel my right foot quite as well as I did a short time ago. So, it's off to the neurosurgeon who spends so much time cutting that he has no listings in the phone book, as he has no time for anyone who has not been diagnosed by a fellow butcher, who makes your appointments. Then it's another time in that near death sleep, and if the Maker allows me to wake up from the dreams of Morpheus, it will be a new scar, and more re-hab. Life's a beach.
     Now that my gun collection is in the Stockton PD Property Detail, rather than be left unarmed, I bought a new Ruger 50th Anniversary Blackhawk .44 Magnum. It will be a aid to the single barreled 12 gauge H&R single shot shotgun the Huns in blue missed, if my seriously demented neighbors decides to do a home invasion on my shabby gray house.
     There are usually a few gunshots each night in North Stockton. On the 16th of March some of the boys to the south did a little street war, and about an hour after the shots ended, I walked barefoot onto my front porch, and some kind of projectile hit the toe next to the great toe of my right foot. A split second later something hit the top of my left foot. I have been shot at by quad NVA .51 caliber monstrosities, but I got lower and moved faster than I have since 1970, leaving blood all over the porch. Once my steel outer door was closed, I closed my solid wood inner door. Rabbit people would have crawled directly to the phone, but I went to my workbench and grabbed a long chunk of linen I use for BP patch and general cleaning use, and tried to stop the bleeding from my right foot. Laying on the bench was my modern revolver rig, a Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum with a 5 1/2" barrel, which was out to be coated with Lexol. I didn't think much, just acted by reflex, and grabbed that belt and pistol and put it on my hips. The Redhawk was loaded with a Sierra 240 gn. HP, 22 gn of 2400. I call them "Raptor Rounds". Mary Ann called them "Hellburners", but to the day she died, she had a way with words. But, it's Elmer Keith's load that I shot first at his place in Salmon River, and other than a hard lead bullet version, and my lighter cowboy loads, are all I shoot from the big .44 Magnum. I was still bleeding through the linen, but I headed for the phone and 911. That was when the doorbell rang. A little insure of the wisdom of answering the bell, I opened the inner door to see three SPD officers, one cop chick and two males on my porch. I said something like, "I'm glad to see you folks. I  was just about to call you". That was when I realized they had some different quest. They informed me that they had received a "totally reliable" telephone call, and were investigating the report of me bringing a woman into my house an hour before, followed by a very loud gunshot. They said they had probable cause to enter my home to see if there had been gunfire or anyone wounded or dead. That seems to be when they saw the Redhawk. I was asked why I was wearing a gunbelt and handgun. I related the toe cutting incident and that the gun rig was laying where I had tied on my bandage, and since someone had taken a bit off me, being armed seemed like a good idea. I told them that I believed I had the right to have a handgun in my home. They said I did, and asked if it was loaded. I said 'yes', and that an unloaded four pound handgun wasn't worth much. I offered to remove my gunbelt and reached for the buckle, and a split second later I was looking into the muzzles of three .40 caliber automatic pistols. I said I was going to release the buckle and let the gun belt drop to the floor. They told me that if I moved my hands below my shoulders, they would kill me. One of the two males had dropped back from the porch light and experience tells me he was preparing for a tactical shot. They ordered me to open the door, and I asked where was the warrant. They said that they had sufficient probable cause to enter and search my house, and that a warrant was not necessary. One officer used a cell phone and said to the others, "he's on his way." I was told that in 15 to 20 minutes a crew would cut or tear the steel door off the door frame. One officer said that until I opened the door voluntarily I would be arrested, and that if I moved my hands below my shoulder that they would kill me. I have to say there was a brief moment where I considered the odds of what would happen if I went for the Redhawk and make them back up their threats with lead, but sanity, and knowing that the whole SPD was probably on it's way, and there was no way out alive, I opened the steel door. I was disarmed and searched, then handcuffed. I told them I had a compression fracture of Lumbar vertebrae number 3, and was slated for surgery, and would appreciate it if they would double cuff me; connecting two sets of cuffs so that my arms would not be pulled as far behind me, and was told what I wanted was insignificant, and was walked into the living room and parked like a car in a chair. I asked if  I was under arrest, and was told yes. I asked what the charge was, and was told it was resisting arrest, and interfering with a police investigation. I was never read my rights. More officers arrived, and one opened the closet in the hall where my Browning safe lives (it was unlocked) and said "God da*n! Look at all these guns!". There proceeded to sack and find the other two safes, and requested that I open them. I refused, and the officer running the circus called his dispatch and asked that the plasma cutter be brought to the scene. He told me that if I did not open the other safes, they would cut them open, and would not be responsible for damage to the safes or the contents. The small safe had not firearms in it, just my native American bead and quill work, but the big Champion safe had most of my handgun collection, and all of my Winchester shotgun and BP long rifle collection, and a ton of camera equipment, plus things like my tax records, vital documents, etc. So, under duress, I opened both safes. I asked to make a phone call, and was uncuffed long enough to call my sister. One young cop watched me make the call, with a SIG .40 in hand, occasionally passing the bore in line with my head. After the phone call, the duty sergeant, who one was a close friend (but no longer), told me they wanted to transport me to a St. Joseph's Hospital clinic for care of my foot, and to give the officers uninterrupted time to search my house. I agreed, but only if the cuffs were removed, as I was by now in a great deal of pain. The cuffs came off, and I was led out to a black and white, where I was re-cuffed before being put in the cage. It turned out that I was being taken to a locked ward mental facility for evaluation. It took about four hours to be interviewed by a psychologist, who told me that what I had been through was terrible, and that I was taking it very  well. He then called the SPD and told them I was a man who had collected firearms from age 12, and was no threat to myself or anyone else, and that the call they had responded to was probably bogus; an act of revenge for some perceived wrong, or simply bullshit, and that he was release me. In the mean time the gang in the blue uniforms had turned my house upside down, given it a good shake, and could not find any evidence of a recent gunshot, that none of my firearms appeared to have been fired in quite some time. But, because of a law that went into effect on Jan 1, they had to confiscate all 79 of my firearms to the SPD evidence room. I would have to get a full background check, and $146.00 in fees to have my background and the origin of my firearms put in effect. The results are due in late May. When we got back to my home, the house was dark and both front door were unlocked, and the house was dark. The house looked like a teenage gang had snuck in and had a kegger, minus the spray paint on the walls. The good news is that I have a local lawyer who does civil rights cases, and support from the NRA General Council. But, neither want to take any action until I get my guns back. I have filed all the appropriate paperwork with the Department of Justice, and the end of May is an optimistic return date, as criminal background investigations of perps and their guns take precedence, as do the sales through dealers during the 10 day waiting period. But, not is all dark. I have a 12 ga. 3 inch chambered H&R single shot shotgun with a 20" barrel that was at my Mom's house, so I can sleep with something better than a framing hammer at my bedside. I also have a side by side 12 ga Lefever Nitro Special that was at the best local getting a new butt stock that I can pick up tomorrow.  The fact is that with my total knee replacement in my left leg, tendonitis in my ankles, a new broken vertebrae, a 12 year old Girl Scout could take me out; just kick or hit the left knee, and I will go down, and the kid with the cookies can kick me to death. I am at the point where I am getting a powered wheel chair soon (very soon, I hope). I have been the prisoner of a very broken body for quits some time. I shop at stores that have electric carts, and at home it is chair, toilet, and bed. If the cops thought that having a gun collection made me a threat, the might have taken the fact that I can hardly walk into consideration of whether I am a threat to others. Heck, I bought an old shopping cart at a garage sale so that when I go to the grocery store, I can put the bags in the cart, roll it up  the ramp in the garage, then rest a bit before putting the food stuff away.   
     That night on April 16th, one of the cops asked me what I was planning to do with all those guns. I replied that it was a collection my folks had helped me start when I was 12, and I had Hunted and participated in almost every kind of shooting sport you could name; He asked if I was going to "do a Columbine". I offered him a wager: find one instance of me harming anyone, in any way, even when threatened with lethal force since I quit the SPD, and I'd give him a C  note for each year he had been on the force. He has not called up to claim the wager.
     That's the sad facts folks. New York, New Jersey, D.C., and Chicago are worse than California, But, after this episode I can say with authority: I love my Country, but I am afraid of the Government, and now the bastard cops in my home town.
     Now for another perspective: If, when I was on SPD, I had been called to a site of a possible homicide, and the door was opened by a bleeding man with a gun on his belt, I would have called a Supervisor and asked for a warrant. Doing what they did under the thin shield of probable cause is ridiculous in the extreme.  If the subject was bleeding, I would have called for the medics. I would not have threatened to kill a man offering to undo a buckle and drop his gin a belt at his feet. The coercion and duress they practiced to get into my home, and into my safes is simply criminal. For me, I could have taken the "cold dead hands" position, but I kind of enjoy living another day, and after being a sworn officer, I find it almost impossible to considering fighting other police officers. But, I think if I had been faced with the same situation again, I'd end up dead, but the SPD officers would have good reason to not walk away clean. It probably will never will happen again. But if it did, before my family put me in the ground next to my wife, my response would change some minds among these hyper-aggresive officers about violating the civil rights to own firearms, but also the 4th amendment laws concerning legal search and seizure, as well as Miranda and Escobedo, or leaving an inventory of what evidence was taken, and property was seized.

Deputy Beauregard Hooligan
                              SASS 5674 Life, NRA Life

My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/beauhooligan/
SASS Life * NMLRA * NRA Life * Deputy of CAS-L * River City Regulators * Mother Lode Shootist Society * Murietta Posse, WASA #56.
Stockton, Ca.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Busted again...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:49:57 AM »
I don't know what to say.  This is just awful and I can't imagine going through what you went through.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 09:11:06 AM »
Those officers were totally in the wrong. I hope they lose their badges before this is over.  >:(

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:26:07 PM »

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:46:31 AM »
Beau, after all you have been through I don't know how you manage.

Let us know what the NRA does to help.

I think you need to get the heck out of Stockton.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:03:50 AM »
I'd call Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly at Fox News, this needs national media attention... :(
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 11:32:56 AM »
Hey Beau my heart goes out to you.......

Having been raised in many neighborhoods like yours, sleeping with one eye open and diving for a weapon in the middle of the night is just a fact of life.  Lot's of crazy things most people won't ever believe happen everyday.  Spent lots of nights watching TV while sitting on the floor.

The main thing is you are ok, that you lived through it and are smart enough to live through it again.

First of all let me say that I'll all for law and order, I'm on the side of the police, at least where I live now, I know the difference between right and wrong and alway try to do the right thing every day.

Having said that I believe part of the problems is that there used to be Peace Officers, their job was to keep the peace.  Peace officers not only "got" the bad guys, but they also helped the good guy.  Sometimes it's better to talk someone out the arrest them.

Now a days we have Law Enforcement officers working out of Law Enforcement buildings.

You take a bunch of young ones and say,

"Your job is to learn all these laws, you are going to be graded on them"
"Your job is to enforce these laws with everyone"
"Everyone you meet is hiding something from you"
"Everyone you meet is lying to you"

Takes the Peace Officer out of the equation.

Sounds like when you worked for the SPD it was back in the Peace Officer Days.

Well Beau, miss the CAS-L days, may God keep you safe and best of luck.
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Col. Riddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Whar's thet dadblasted Yankee?
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 03:45:03 PM »
I agree with Wymore Wrangler. This deserves national attention. I just sent a link to this topic to Sean Hannity. Hope he reads it and gets in touch with you.

God answers knee mail † ><>
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 05:42:11 PM »
Dang!  What a story.  I am sorry you had to experience that from your home town police.  Good Luck to you in getting back all of your property and I hope all of those that did this to you will be properly punished. 
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 06:58:26 PM »
Hell this sounds like a communist act for sure.Fesno Ca.pd just got thier t--t in a wringer for planting spies in local salloons and the arresting them for dui when the patron left.They had other units wait around the corner and also found  camera on a water tower across one saloon.Another tactic was to mark the tires of parked cars and if a unit saw it later they knew he or she had been at the salloon.Don't worry though cause the new black panthers are gonna show up at Duke U with guns,man somethin wrong in this picture.When my truck was stolen one night i had names addresses and all the info they needed fro an arrest within four hours ,they were never arrested or dealt with in any way and they located my truck just a few hours before i did becuase knowing the area i knew where they would have most likely takin it.They took all that was not nailed down but they didn't get the chance to hurt the truck in any way,i still kmow who and where they live.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Goatlips

• Top Active Citizen
    • Goatlips' BlackPowder Tips
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 10:48:17 PM »
Beauregard, sorry to hear about your predicament and very glad you did not give them reason to make the situation much worse. 

Let's hope that their actions have unintended consequences.

Goatlips
Wolverine Rangers/Lake County Pistoleros
Visit my Blackpowder site:
http://goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

http://goatlips.hrillc.com/goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

width=200 height=30]http://www.cascity.com/layoutimages/mycascityprofile.gif[/img][/url]

Offline Standpat Steve

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 12:30:03 AM »
Howdy Beauregard,

I just can't find the words to tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you. Probably neither of us is holding our breath waiting for the officers involved to be disciplined in any significant way. Congratulations on keeping your head, and doing right-even while being wronged. If there is legal redress for you, it will only be possible because you maintained self-control despite the circumstances. If there is anything an Los Angeles cowboy can do to help, let me know off the wire.

<standpat44@cs.com>
Standpat Steve, SASS #113, NCOWS #1468

Offline Jessie Lyn

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 01:22:15 PM »
I am soooo sorry my dear friend.

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 01:44:10 PM »
Beau, I haven't the words pard. I totally sympathise with your predicament. I sure am glad I made it out of Stockton myself.
A strong lawyer needs to be summoned and just maybe the NRA can suggest just such a person.
Be assured you are in my thoughts pard.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Marshal harpoluke

• Black Sash Gunfighter Lord of the Dark Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Agapei Attack Sheep
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 02:25:47 PM »
 >:(

This is one of the reasons I left California, I was born here, it's a nice place to be from.

One month before 911, I was living in Oakland Ca, went to local chain grocery store was accosted by two men in store, punched, the manager was able to hold the man responsible, but the Oackland PD would not respond.  Four 911 calls later,  No response.  They were at the Dougute shop one block away.  The Attacker was Mohamid Atta.
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Offline Pinto Being

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 12:54:20 AM »
Holy smokes, Beau!

What the heck kind of a place has Stockton become?  When I visited some pards there in the 70's, it was a hick town that looked like a great place to live compared to what you described.

Hang in there, pard. (Standpat Steve is one to ride the river with and you might consider his offer of assistance.)

Ain't there any way that you can get out of that place?  Mebbeso you might consider doin' just that, after you get your guns back.

Like the others who have posted here, I'm shocked and dismayed.  And it takes a lot to shock and dismay this ol' hoss.  Michael Fortune makes a great point about the evolution of the role of Peace Officers; I know that they are tryin' to cope with the constant threats of violence -- but calmer heads should prevail in a situation such as yours.  The way that they handled your particular deal is worrisome.

Beau, you need to get the heck out of that neck o' the woods and move to more civil climes.

Best of luck and prayers are comin' at you from this household, pardner.
"Not too proud to cut hay and wild enough to eat it!"

Offline Beauregard Hooligan

• CAS-L Moderator
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Cas City Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 06:38:01 PM »
Howdy Pete,

Folks who dislike talk about God may choose to pass this message by.

Will Ketchum asked the question below, and this is the only answer I have. It is long, so if you don't like long posts, you can pass it by. But, it may inspire one or two of our CAS family. 
       The way I am managing to not going bonkers is simple; I know that my loving God has given me a direct line to him through through Baptism and the Sacraments of Prayer, He has also lightening my load through Confession, an honest effort to not repeat the things I have done wrong, performing Penance, and receiving Absolution. Then I can receive Communion, and know that no matter what has happens in the world of men, I am square with Him again, and that I will stay in his grace until I mess things up again. He will give me no challenge that I cannot overcome (even unto death) and the strength to walk this rocky road of life knowing that He will either guide me, or carry me to the end. Some think that they come to Him that they will be spared things like what happened to my Good Lady Wife, my best dog, or losing my lifetime gun collection. But the Book tells us that God makes his rain to fall on the just and the unjust. I was so angry and hurt when Mary Ann passed that I did not pray, confess, or go to mass for over six months. I tried praying, but as Alan Jackson says in his song “Monday Morning Church”, I could not talk to him in prayer without yelling. Then a friend had an accident and was on the shady side of death, and I came back to Him in humble prayer. The real recovery was when I was going to have my gall bladder removed. The Pastor from St. Ann’s in Lodi came to see me (I still don’t know who sent him, as all he said was one of my friends had called him and asked him to come and see me). When the man with the Roman collar walked into the room I was sharing with another patient, I had no doubt that he was there to see me, and that’s when I started crying. He sat and we talked with me for about an hour, then he heard my confession, and gave me penance a man in a hospital bed about to be carved on could do, and absolution. He asked me if I wanted the Eucharist, and I shared in the Lord’s Supper for the first time since Mary Ann passed. After he left the surgical transport came to get me, and I had no fear for the outcome of the surgery, good or bad. I am now looking at another spinal surgery, the 12th serious surgery I have needed. I suggest that if any of you are standing next to me in a posse when a lightning begins. <GGG>
   So, that’s how I get through things like this. I know there are about 4 Billion people who don’t believe, or see their relationship with God in differently, and I don’t want to offend them, or as some folks do; try to “strainten them out”. I just hope that they believe in something.
   I apologize in advance to those who do not like this post, or think it is not appropriate for the Forums.
Adios,

Beauregard Hooligan
             NRA Life, SASS #5674 Life, NMLRA Life,
             Moderator/Deputy CAS-L
             The original Cowboy Action Shooting List

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.'' W.S. Churchill 10/29/1941

Beau, after all you have been through I don't know how you manage.

Let us know what the NRA does to help.

I think you need to get the heck out of Stockton.

Will Ketchum

My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/beauhooligan/
SASS Life * NMLRA * NRA Life * Deputy of CAS-L * River City Regulators * Mother Lode Shootist Society * Murietta Posse, WASA #56.
Stockton, Ca.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 06:51:49 PM »
Great post Beau... ;D ;D ;D
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 06:59:04 PM »
Bill, thank you for sharing that with us Pard,  you and I see things pretty much the same way.  My woes pale in comparison to yours but I get through them the same way.  You have no need to apologize for your post if others don't agree that is their problem.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline DR.A.W.FAST

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 06:23:37 PM »
To Hell with anyone who doesn't feel the heart and soul of your words Beau! Its they who need to learn lifes meaning! ;)

Offline Hill Beachy

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 10:56:16 PM »
Dang it, Beau -- I just don't know what to say about all that you have been through.  Perhaps the lawyers can force the powers that be there to enforce fairness and justice.  But one thing is for certain;  Will Ketchum is right.  You should get the heck outta there.
"But you know you can still smell the roses,
When you're running with them in your hand..."  -- Slim Dusty

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com