Author Topic: I have this old gun!  (Read 2622 times)

Offline D. R. Greysun

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I have this old gun!
« on: September 04, 2004, 05:15:58 PM »
Well, I don't but a buddy dose. It's a Blackhawk .357 Ser. No. 137XX4 If anyone can provide a production date I'd appreciate it. The link: http://www.sportables.com/ruger_pistols.htm seem to be down. Thanks already for your help.
D R

"Keep'm on the Steel"

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: I have this old gun!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 06:10:51 PM »
D. R. Greysun says:

I have this old gun!

That's what a guy said to me once, as he handed me a canvas sock with a long gun in it.  He wanted to trade it to me for some odds and ends I had laying around the place.  As I took it from him, I could feel that it was a lever action - he described it as " one of those old guns that goes ----", as he flipped his hand like working a lever - and it had an octagon barrel. When I opened the case, and started slipping it out of it, the crescent butt plate started my pulse to speeding up, and the more I got out of the case, the more excited I was getting.  I was a very nice (externally) Model 94 Winchester in .38-55, with a five digit serial number.  I could not take advantage of him; the stuff he wanted to trade for was not worth a hunderd bucks.  So, I cleaned it up - the insides were real raunchy - and decided it was worth at least 300 bucks, but he would not take that for it; we finally decided on a hundred fifty, plus the stuff he wanted.  It now resides with my other prized 94s, and fits right in.

The point of all this is:  I've got some more stuff layin' around the place; do ya' think yer buddy would like to do some tradin'???? (Tongue firmly in cheek, here!)  ;) ;D
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Capt. Hamp Cox

• Top Active Citizen
  • 1937 Ford & 1941 Hamp in 1947
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 02:25:29 PM »
Based on Ruger's info at http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/SE-H-R-Bhawk357.html it would appear that old .357 was made in 1968.  You need to read their qualifier regarding blocks of numbers.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:02:07 AM »

Offline D. R. Greysun

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 01:39:23 AM »
Thanx Capt., it dose indeed appear to be made in 1968.

El Peludo,
That's an interesting story. Thanx for sharing it.

D R

"Keep'm on the Steel"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com