Author Topic: South from Dodge  (Read 38312 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: South from Dodge
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2004, 04:56:42 PM »
Delmonico says, "I know ya aint' goin out ta hunt buffelooo's, yer sneakin' home ta visit yer wife and 16 kids." ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2004, 07:06:25 PM »
Slim just rides off with out answerin',  Delmonico knows he won't see Slim again till Monday.  But Delmonico has a plan ta get Slim fer sneakin' off ta Wissyconsin.  The Commanches over it the Fort Sill thread can waylay him up in Kansas, Delmonico check on the map, if Slim takes a direct path ta Wissyconin they can get him just west of Wichita. ;D ::)

Note left for Trinity and Gopher Grease.  Went ta The Nations, be back soon.  Slim went home fer the weekend again.  We must plan a surprise fer him on Monday.  Hang out in camp till I get back.  GG bake us some fancy dessert for the trail if ya got time.  Trinity, there is a couple of bottles of good sourmash in my tent in the army footlocker, enjoy, nothin' but sourmash, no additives. ;D

Delmonico

Delmonico posts the not on a dutch oven and ride for The Nations and the Fort Sill thread. ::) ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2004, 07:31:59 PM »
Meanwhile, back with Trinity:

As Trinity nears the wagons he begins to salivate.  Suddenly, the two deadbeat hands he had hired to help out in the buff hunt, Cable Hogue and the Rev. Joshua Douglas Sloan, stumbled out of the wagons.  They had disappeared shortly after enjoying a free meal and no one knew where they went.  Trinity rides up "So boys, there you be."  They tried to explain why they disappeared, something about a greater calling, but Trinity wasn't listening.  When they exited the wagons, they had failed to don their clothing and a mysterious multicolored rash around the groin attracted Trinity's attention.  Before the fellows could finish their excuses, Trinity was on his way back to camp.  

"Ah don' wan' nothin' that makes it look like THAT!!! :P"

Trinity doubles back to buy a bottle of Whiskey from the ladies.  He first makes sure that the wax coating is intact before he leaves for the second time.  On the way back to camp he looks around to make sure he is not in the nations, then opens the bottle and begins his quest to return to camp with an empty bottle.  The bottle never seems to taste so good anymore once it has been sitting around the camp.  Trinity is not quite sure what to think about this because a bottle of whiskey has always tasted good around the campfire.  But Delmonico's fire is a different subject.  "Ah always seem to get sick.  It aint the food, Ah have a feelin Delmonico don like likker!" ::)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 01:08:08 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2004, 10:13:32 PM »
Delmonico rides inta camp and the South of Dodge thread.  Seein' no one around he sits down and starts bakin' some bread.  He's got an idea again and it involes some travelin', most likely inta another thread. ;D

He thinks to himself, We've been down here most a week and ain't gettin' nothin' done.  I hope Trinity shows up soon and we can get this idea a goin. ::) 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2004, 12:04:31 AM »
Tired of waitin' fer Trinity ta show up, Delmonico loads the wagon and leaves a note on a stake there for the guys ta see when the show up. 

Going up to Hanging Woman Creek ta feed the mules.
Meet me in Kearney Nebraska in a few days.

Delmonico

He then heads north west with the wagon till he crosses the South Platte River and goes inta the Nuther Story thread.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2004, 10:06:16 AM »
Trinity rides back into camp:  "Tarnation!  Where has everbody done gone to?"  Trinity sees the note left by Delmonico and reads it.

"DANG!!!!!!!!!!!  Now Ah gotta go on another trip and will have to pass the Ladies again.  Ah hope Ah can remain strong an stay away!  Now that Ah think about it, Ah don know where Newbrasky is.  Ah'll hed north an stop at the first town ta ask.    Now, just why dint Delmonico leave no food???"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2004, 08:58:36 PM »
On the headwaters of Medicine Lodge Creek the Commanches settle down for the night in a plum thicket, right near the trail that Slim left on his way home ta see his wife and 16 kids on Friday evening. ;D

sometime after daylight Slim will be ridin' along here with the thought of try ta tell the guys he's been huntin' buffalooo's all weekend. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Delmonico will get logged on ta his computor in the mornin' and ambush Slim before he can get logged on and avoid the ambush.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

(I know we ain't South of Dodge no more, but I didn't want ta start a new thread just ta scare Slim.)
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2004, 08:25:48 AM »
Slim comes ridin' along the trail he left Friday.  As he draws near a plum thicket, 40 Commanches ride out from it. ;D  Slim takes off for camp as fast as his horse will take him. ;D 

About 5 miles from camp the Commaches break off and head back to the Fort Sill thread. ;D

Slim rides into the empty camp. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2004, 09:37:50 AM »
...and falls off his horse in complete exhaustion from riding fulll tilt away from the injuns. He falls asleep.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2004, 03:15:12 PM »
A passing pack of coyotes see Slim sleepin' on the ground so the "Leader of the Pack"  (Alpha Male to you scientist types) decides that Slim is part of his territory and marks him for every other coyote ta know, Slim belongs ta him.   :o :o :P ;D  Course that flock of Turkey vutures flyin' overhead don't care, they are just waitin' for him ta quit snorin'. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2004, 03:41:40 PM »
Slim wakes up. "What is that awful smell? Coyote pee!" Slim jumps up, grabs a bar of soap, and runs to the stream to wash the smell off him.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2004, 05:01:33 PM »
After a sufficient washing, Slim gets out of the stream and builds a fire to dry his clothes. He sees Delmonico's note that says, "Going up to Hanging Woman Creek ta feed the mules. Meet me in Kearney Nebraska in a few days." He hangs up his wet clothes and puts on some dry ones. He eats some grub that Delmonico left and decides to turn in early so he can start at dawn for Kearney.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2004, 11:25:49 AM »
Slim woke at dawn and packed up the camp. He rode north outta this thread.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2004, 02:03:16 PM »
The Tonkawa's see that the Commanche's bumped their thread and are upset.  Seein' how they are at peace they file a protest to their agent about it.  this of course cause the thread ta be bumped. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com