Author Topic: A little off topic  (Read 1843 times)

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
A little off topic
« on: April 09, 2006, 01:54:21 AM »
Anybody know how much a nice piece of elephant ivory might be worth?I found one today about 10 inches long cut from the tip it looks like,about 2 1/2 inches wide at the base and goes to a nice point,where someone did a little carving,There is a notch cut on each side and goes to a point again then there is a hole drilled all the way through and it is on a round wooden base.It was a small lamp at one time,but i can't figure out what type of bulb or shade would be on it.It has nice yellow aging scattered around it and i know it is real by the smell of the inside and i did a hot pin test,besides on the bottom of the round base was a partial sticker that stated ----?and Africa,that is all i could read,i paid 20.00 for it just for the ivory aspect of it.It is not big enough for anything but doin some etching or engraving on it,who could do that sort of thing?Might be nice to have a scene of some type scratched on it,nice heavy feel too,i just love ivory.Just wondering what i might do with it,any suggestions???
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: A little off topic
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 03:54:42 AM »
  I'll give you $25 and postage
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com