Author Topic: Oldtimer or newblood?  (Read 18004 times)

Offline Missouri Marshal

• Top Active Citizen
    • Missouri Marshal's Cowboy Action Shooting Homestead
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Oldtimer or newblood?
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2006, 08:04:08 PM »
Don't think none of us have ever been the same since we met Arcey...and I mean that in a positive way.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2006, 08:13:37 PM »
I started in '97, bout the same time as 10ZZZZ's. Wife started about 4 months after I did.........Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2006, 08:18:33 PM »
Hell, MM.  I ain't been the same since joinin' up with y'all either.

Damned proud ta have lucked inta such a great bunch ta ride with.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 04:57:10 AM »

Offline Hemlock Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2006, 08:34:38 PM »
I got into CAS about 9 years ago -- My ol' pard and I run shoots at the local club for about 6 years.  Then the "officers" of the club decided to run us all out.  They only want m-15's, M1 Garands etc at "their" range.

It's been a great time and lotsa good pards around here.   Enjoy the sport.  It's the cowboy way or no way !!

Mike

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2006, 08:47:47 PM »
Been doing this for about 5 years now, a feller name a Arcey talked me into it.  By the way Marshal that shot of Arcey sitting next to his cart is one that I took, and he sure has changed a bunch since then, but under all that hair he's still Arcey.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2006, 09:09:58 PM »
well now I shot my first match in March of 1997, I guess I joined SASS a couple months before that, I too met Arcey back then (Only it was online at the Compuserve Firearms forum) He's one of the finest Friends I have, That I have yet to shake the hand of, Hoping to fix that sometime this year. I've been shooting CAS ever since and wish I could do a lot more of it.
 Marshal Thanks for giving us the means to make and keep some great friendships here at CASCity
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2006, 04:41:02 AM »
Now in my 50's I am a newbie....Found CasCity last Feb.(05) After buying my first Ruger....a couple of weeks earlier.  Then in Mar or April went to a new shooter clinic.  Had such a good time I dove in feet first...So did my wife. I have shot 10 matches now and look forward to shootin' any time will allow. Met Arcey and 10 all great people, along with Annie Lee, Sod and Trinity, may be forgetting some... Showed horses for many years and I think I have made more new friends in a year than all the time with the horses.
  Now working on a Darkside brace ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »
(Only it was online at the Compuserve Firearms forum)

Geeezzzz, my Lawd!

You, Capt'n Dan 'n Hooligan.  'N there I was readin' the stuff thinkin' it'd be fun but I'd never do it.  Hehehe, I remember when Compuserve finally decided ta give CAS it's own forum.

Damn, cuz.  We're gettin' old.  When we meet, they'd best be plenty ah cameras ta record the event.

Capt'n Dan, I hope yer well 'n kickin'.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Marauder

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Marauder's Old West Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2006, 01:21:11 PM »
I don't remember when I started...  :D

Guess that covers it.

Offline Wildcat Will

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2006, 05:49:24 PM »
Joined in March 99, shot my first match in April 99 in SC.  Became a life member in October 99 and started a club (Savannah River Rangers) in March 2000.  Started shooting GF in I think 03 and became a real shooter (darksider) in 05. 

I have been shooting constantly since I started and would shoot more ifn work, wife and money would allow.  This is a great sport with even greater people. 

I met Arcey when I came up to Va for a job interview and he saw the SASS sticker on the back of my pickemup truck.

Arcey is aurite.  Afta all he brung me to da the one true powder, to the DARKSIDE.  And there I will stay!!!!!!!!!!

Happy trails and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Offline Fly Cop Fry

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2006, 06:28:09 PM »
I'm an Oldtimer only in age. I hunted with long guns while I was a button but never shot a box a shells from any handgun. It has probably been 30-40 years since I shot anything.

Joined SASS in Dec 2005 and shot my first CAS Match yesterday. I'm no newblood - I'm green as a gourd. ;D Yesterday was the first time I'v ever fired a handgun lefthanded in my 62+ years. :o

After getting through the first two stages I started having as much fun as it looks like I'll be having for some time to come!

Offline Big Hext

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2006, 10:49:30 AM »
Talk about a Blast from the Past.. whew! ;D

Thank you for being you.. Annie Lee!

Offline Blondetta

• that blonde gal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2006, 05:56:14 PM »
I'm an old timer.  Been doing this since 1998.  ;)
Miz Blondetta
Army vet, GAF #291, SASS #28760, NRA, GOA. Lady WartHog, RATS #102

Offline Digem Deep

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2006, 06:15:52 PM »
 I guess I would be considered an Oldtimer. Been steady at this game for about 11 years.

Offline Col. Riddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Whar's thet dadblasted Yankee?
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2006, 01:00:30 AM »
Started shootin CAS in 95. Startin 11 years come April.
God answers knee mail † ><>
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2006, 03:14:23 AM »
My first shoot was with the Califonia Rangers when they shot at Van Vleck ranch. It must have been 1998. I probably shot about 5 or 6 matches that year. I joined SASS in 99 under another alias so I could shoot their annual Arroyo Cantua and in 2000 that alias was found to be a mistake and SASS gave me another whole new deal, alias, badge and everything. I started shooting about every week about then and at as many places as I could afford to get to. The past year has been kind of a washout for me. I still shoot, but only a couple times a month and not many annuals. I moved and all and now that I am settled in I hope to get out a lot more matches in 2006. Still though, I am not able to live my dream of shooting my way cross country at annauls and monthlies, but retirement isn't but 3 years away and then I hope to get some serious shooting in. I really hope to meet up with all the pards I have made on the CAS boards. It would be great to put faces to names. :)
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Sisquoc

• Chieftess Golden Thread
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2006, 11:10:25 PM »
I was a tourist at EOT20, and joined up within two months. I guess that means I've been at it about 5 years now.  ;D
If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet.  -- Keith Richards
The Cowboys Charter Member
SBSS 1383; OGB 8-22-04
WartHog    RO1  RO2  SASS 39167  RATS 127

Offline Cactus Cris

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2006, 07:42:22 PM »
Well-  guess I am a REAL old timer.  Steady from 91 till today.  Shot my first match a week after I saw them doing it at Rio Salado.  Tom Ingolia was instrumental in getting me on the path to CAS.  Was heavy into IPSC & saw that CAS was way more fun.  Was lucky to find a way to pay for all the toys by building custom carts and doing the Cart Corral at WR & EOT.
  Having a blast.  Will keep doing this as long as I am able and my supply of BP continues. ;)
Darksider- Gpa of 5- Rabid  C&Br,   DGB, Scorrs, ACSA, RSCAS,TONTO RIMM,  SASS #2790, 31 & counting Clean match's

Offline Onery Arlys

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2006, 10:13:35 PM »
a day or two when the cattle is taken care of and Ma does not have me  roundn up the kiddos and doin chores around the casa de onery
The lord does not judge a man until he's dead then why sould i
Someone should bust you in the mouth....but i won't...i won't ....to hell i won't

Offline Singing Bear

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2006, 12:05:15 AM »
Co-founded our club back in 91/92 and am the last of the "original" members still active.  Did take a break for a couple of years to pursue another favorite hobby, but that hobby started to involve travelling to the mainland that I could ill afford.  Got discouraged with it and returned to my "roots".  ;)  I guess I'm an old far.....old timer.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com