Author Topic: Howdy Please help answer some of my tricky questions! asking the pros!  (Read 4258 times)

Offline Jayyne79

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Howdy everyone!  sorry to bother you but I need your professional help!  have a few questions that i need all you experts to help me out with!  and i thought I would give this a try!  if you have answers to any of these questions and I have more, please let me know!  And thank you very much for your time!
1) in oregon to kick things off with luck there is a competition that always starts off with the saying," Let 'er buck!"  what's the competition called?????
2) Taking care of business finally took care of this cowboy legend, who was he?
3) a bronco bucks you, as does a bull.  but with this animal, its you that does the bucking.  and if you do it well, you'll win a few bucks to boot.  What is this buck-able beast?
4) There's a bronco that's been bucking on a certain state's plate since before 1938, what state is it and what is the bronco's name?
5)cowboys are prone to exaggeration take the famous ten callon hat for example how much water can it really hold?
6) when does a superstitious cowboy throw his hat on the bed?
7) which side of the horse is most commonly called the near side?
8) call him a horse manicurist and you just might get nipped.  whats his preferred title?
more to come, thank you kindly..
Sincerely,
Urs

Offline Doc Shapiro

• Top Active Citizen
    • Custom Handmade Pistol Grips
  • Liked:
I know the answer to number 6...... Never!  :o

Doc

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
I'm no cowboy, I'm a cowboy SHOOTER!  They make good targets ;)

The answer to 4 is Wyoming and 7 is the left side.

As for 5 although I have filled me hat with water I have never measured what it holds but somewhere between a half and full gallon would be my guess.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Advertising

Big Hext Finnigan

Howdy everyone!  sorry to bother you but I need your professional help!  have a few questions that i need all you experts to help me out with!  and i thought I would give this a try!  if you have answers to any of these questions and I have more, please let me know!  And thank you very much for your time!
1) in oregon to kick things off with luck there is a competition that always starts off with the saying," Let 'er buck!"  what's the competition called?????
3) a bronco bucks you, as does a bull.  but with this animal, its you that does the bucking.  and if you do it well, you'll win a few bucks to boot.  What is this buck-able beast?
4) There's a bronco that's been bucking on a certain state's plate since before 1938, what state is it and what is the bronco's name?
5)cowboys are prone to exaggeration take the famous ten callon hat for example how much water can it really hold?
8) call him a horse manicurist and you just might get nipped.  whats his preferred title?
Sincerely,
Urs

Some I'm pretty sure on, so I'll answer those first.

3.  I'd bet is Faro.. Bucking the tiger.
4. Wyoming has the bucking horse, don't know the name.
8. (unseen, but I think it's there) I can't say for sure what his preferred name, but a farrier shoes horses.

As for
1. I don't know, but that line was used often in Hidalgo, the movie.
2. Taking care of business was the phrase used by Elvis for many things.. I can't say if he's a cowboy legend.  I don't know of any other legend using that phrase.

Good luck with your homework ;)

Offline sass32357

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Howdy Jaynne79,

The answer to "horse manicurist" is farrier. and the "near side" is the left (correct) side----A horse will usually unload you if you try to mount the "off" side! ;)
"Those who live by the sword usually get shot by those who don't".

Offline Onery Arlys

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
i believe a cowboy hat will hold 1 gallon of water.
The lord does not judge a man until he's dead then why sould i
Someone should bust you in the mouth....but i won't...i won't ....to hell i won't

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Sincerely,
Urs

1..........Pendelton Rodeo
2..........Lane Frost
3......... Bucking saw
4..........Wyoming, Steamboat
5.......... most hold 3 qts
6.......... Never, it is 7 years hard luck
7 ..........Left side
8............Farrier

Now these are guesses, You had better come back with the answers or I will never sleep  ;D
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Nashville Frank

• Citizen
    • Quantrill Raiders Norway
  • Liked:

2. First thing that hits my mind, is like Big Hext, Elvis. He had one good country & western album if that counts.. ::) He also had a gold pistol with the inscription TCB ( Taking care of Business).

SWS # 168
SASS # 49204

Offline Klondike

• Very Active Citizen
    • Cowtown Katy's Emporium
  • Liked:
Howdy
I think #1 is The Pendleton Roundup.
Hat on bed is definietly a BIG NO NO

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
We're not pros, we just play one.........Buck 8) :o ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com