Author Topic: A question on "Originals"  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Sam Perfye

• Top Active Citizen
  • Al Weaver
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A question on "Originals"
« on: March 01, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »
Folks, I'm just wondering, if someone were to become an "original" would that limit them to only shooting in that class? Also, if shooting as an "original" at a multi-day event what are the guidelines for clothing? Must all articles be documented or is one "main" outfit all that is required? Thanks for your help. Al
Raise the Black Flag and ride hard boys, Our cause is just and our enemies our many.

Offline Bristow Kid

• I've got a touch of hangover beuracrate. Don't push me
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Matthew(Matt) Bohach
  • Liked:
Re: A question on "Originals"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:57:32 PM »
Shalako,

This is a good post I was gonna ask the same thing.  Thanks for posting it.
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Offline Lone Gunman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The Lone Gunman ...as himself
    • Lone-Gunman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:20:31 PM »
Folks, I'm just wondering, if someone were to become an "original" would that limit them to only shooting in that class?

Only if you get the secret "Originals" tattoo  :o    Seriously, it's no different than shooting BP Duelist at one match & Smokeless Shootist at the next  :P   Despite the additional, non-shooting, requirements it's just another class...it's not a cult  ;)
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:07:45 AM »

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 10:03:10 AM »
There has not been a multi-day shoot for the "Oricinals" class yet.  As I see it, I either have to document a change of clothes (which I have) or wear the same clothes for the whole match.  The second option may give me and edge.  On the second hot day of shooting, I'll run the timer and stand real close to the shooters. Hmmmm.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »
Must all articles be documented or is one "main" outfit all that is required? Thanks for your help. Al
Shalako, to answer your question..yes, All the equipment, clothes etc; that you use to shoot the originals class has to be documented to the persona you intend to do at that particular match. Remember, your documentation has to be submitted prior to the match cut off date set by the match director, and you have to have at least three in the originals class to shoot it.

If your question is, can I change into another set of clothes to shoot a different category at the same match, yes you can. But my queston would be why would you want to? The clothes, and probably everything else you used to shoot the originals class would more then qualify for the others, except perhaps the number of guns used. But you can't change into them in the middle of the originals class unless they were in keeping of your persona, and they would also have to be documented it. Hope this helps...

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 03:26:38 PM »
There is no reason why you couldn't change clothes, or other accessories.  If you document a selection of clothing that would be correct for your chosen persona, you would not have to wear the same ones for more than a day, or even less.  I would think that it would be prudent to document different articles of clothing to allow for changes in attire.  Unless, of course, you are a blood-thirsty character like OCB, who goes around clothed in the scalps of his enemies.  :D  ;D  ;D
French Jack

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 03:51:16 PM »
Or you can have more than one of the same shirt.    My character, more often than not, would be wearing a plain white shirt.  So I have 3 of them.  Also in my packet I have documented men of similar profession wearing a bib-front shirt

Come to think of it, most people would be wearing a plain white, four botton placket shirt.  Everybody should have at least two.  Off the top of my head, based on looking at hundreds of pictures, I would say less than one in ten people would be wearing a bib front shirt.  But at any given shoot, half or more of the shooters will be wearing a bib front shirts.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 04:01:38 PM »
Unless, of course, you are a blood-thirsty character like OCB, who goes around clothed in the scalps of his enemies.
Enemies..??? Nah, not me, Im the friendliest individual you'll ever meet!

I would say less than one in ten people would be wearing a bib front shirt.  But at any given shoot, half or more of the shooters will be wearing a bib front shirts.

Books, its called the Jong Wang syndrome..... ;D

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com