Author Topic: AnnieLee has been called home - a sad day in CasCity  (Read 31791 times)

Ornery Orr

Re: AnnieLee has been called home - a sad day in CasCity
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2006, 07:34:22 AM »
You can bet your best saddle that the Frumpy Fairy Godmother will be watching over each and every one of us.  When I'm out there shooting my BP Warthog loads out of my Dirty RATS and the wind seems to move the smoke away from the targets in an almost deliberate manner, I'll know she's checking up on me.

Offline Twin

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2006, 07:37:53 AM »
 :'( :(
     I met the "Nasty Lady" when she and her son were on my posse at the Northeast Regional along with Doc Cavity and others from her area.  This was over two years ago.  She made a good impression on me as I tend to like folks that aren't afraid to say what is on their minds.  She was the type of person who could take it as well as she could dish it out and this is another quality I appreciate.  I remember Will being a little shy and quiet (at least to my standards) and I tried my best to pick on, pester, help, and just generally be a nuisance to him to make him feel welcome to the posse.
     I remember giving Annie advise as she would come to the line (I was RO'ing for her squad), sharing what I thought was the "best way of doing things quickly".  I remember her telling me she wasn't a "gamer" and shooting 45's duelist and gunfighter she was here to have fun, not win.  I respected her "way of playing the game" but kept on giving her and Will all the help I could.
     Then on one stage I saw her taking my advice and actually "gaming a stage" and she did it well, shooting it clean.  When she was done and turned around, there I stood with a grin on my face and I said "I thought you weren't a gamer, you gamer you."  From then on we were what I like to call friends.  She told me I had the distinction of being the only person to ever call her a gamer.  I told her there is a little bit of competitor in all of us, it just shows in different ways.
     I only got to attend a couple of shoots where she and Will were attending and only got to shoot with her a couple of times, but I will always remember and cherish those times.
     I remember seeing her the season after that Regional when I met her.  This was at the Md State Championship in Damascus. I had won the Regional but didn't get to talk to her afterwards.   I remember walking up to her and her smiling at me and saying "Here I tought you were just another Bubba shooter giving me advice", and she congratulated me on my win.  I will remember her comment forever.  Sadly I wasn't shooting with her and Will for the match but did manage to sneak around and get some pictures of Will shooting.  One of them even made it into the Chronicle article that Chuckaroo did for the match.
I know she appreciated me picking on, teasing (the kilt), helping, and just being friendly to Will because she told me (I told you she wasn't backwards or afraid to speak her mind).  Being her and Will's friend was one of the most effortless things I have done.  Good people are easy to like! :D
     I have read the posts on three different sites now, and it comes as no surprise Annie had so many friends.  It brings tears to my eyes just sitting here thinking about what a wonderful person she was.  She is already being missed by so many people she touched in one way or another, even those that did not have the honor and privilege of meeting her face to face.

So from this "Bubba shooter" to the gaming "Nasty Lady", keep them straight up there until I can join up with you and your posse in Heaven.
Twin
SASS TG
NRA, NAHC, NAFC (all life)
2000 Top WV Shooter
2001,02,03,04 WV Champion
2004 Northeast Regional Champion
-------------------------
"Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see, and you will do ok in life."

Offline Twin

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2006, 07:51:38 AM »
Will,
When you get a chance to read all of these posts on the different forums, I want you to know you can shoot with me anytime.  If you ever need someone to talk to or even a place to get away for a day or two, give me a call or send me an e-mail.
Twin
twin@citlink.net
304-289-6098
Twin
SASS TG
NRA, NAHC, NAFC (all life)
2000 Top WV Shooter
2001,02,03,04 WV Champion
2004 Northeast Regional Champion
-------------------------
"Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see, and you will do ok in life."

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 05:12:59 PM »

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2006, 08:10:11 AM »
Annie Lee was in touch with someone in South Carolina about taking all her hats and costumes.  I'm not sure who that is/was, but I've got a bunch of boxes and would love to send things on to somewear that they could continue to get good/proud use.  If anyone knows who that is, could you please either have them email me or email me with the info (again - joycemoody@bellsouth.net).  Thank you very much.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2006, 10:00:03 AM »
Joyce,
Thanks for all posting Charlie's address. I will keep in touch with him as well as many others will too.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Brigid Tanner

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2006, 10:04:02 AM »
Wish I'd had a chance to get to know this lady. My sympathies to her family and all her many friends.

Brigid

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2006, 10:20:21 AM »
Annie Lee was in touch with someone in South Carolina about taking all her hats and costumes.  I'm not sure who that is/was, but I've got a bunch of boxes and would love to send things on to somewear that they could continue to get good/proud use.  If anyone knows who that is, could you please either have them email me or email me with the info (again - joycemoody@bellsouth.net).  Thank you very much.

Joyce I just sent you an e-mail with contact info on this.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2006, 12:44:47 PM »
For those that don't know what she had, the following email I received from her on 12/19/2005 will explain. "Metastatic pancreatic carcinoma that has spread to the liver, lungs, adrenal glands and lymph nodes. My appointment with the oncologist is on Jan 6th. Since it has metastised, it's inoperable. They are starting me on pain management. Dunno what else to say."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »
I received the same message and called her immediately.  She made me promise not to tell anyone until she did...hardest thing I ever did was keep that promise.  I wanted so bad to tell the world just how screwed up things are when Annie was dying and people like Bin Laden and Sadam were still alive.

I hate to admit this, but Annie heped keep me together those last short months more than I helped her.

She had planned on coming to California on business this Spring and I was like a kid on Christmas eve.  I'll always regret not making a extra effort to be closer to her.

I don't want to add to that by not getting to know a lot of you better from now on.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2006, 07:39:49 PM »
Annie called me at work that evening, I knew she was ill and was to find out some test results, I often called her on my way home, she made my commute fun, and the cell phone was free.  She didn't want me to hear the news while I was driving, even with my headset she was afraid I'd drive off the road.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline DR.A.W.FAST

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2006, 07:45:52 PM »
I have no words to say how sad I am today. I only know I  have lost a good and funny friend. Sure wish I could have given her one last backrub.....  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline dangerranger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2006, 02:26:10 AM »
Annie Lee was one of those people who whenever I saw her name in the byline I would always look to see what she had written, she always had a fun take . She will be sorely missed. DR.
Life is a rush into the unknown, You can duck down real low and hope nothing hits you, Or stand up tall, show it your teeth,and say "Dish it up Baby and dont get stingy with the Peppers!!!"

Offline Toccoa Kate

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2006, 08:00:35 PM »
All of Annie Lee's friends here at CAScity have said all the things I needed to hear, to help remind me of her when she wasn't hurting so much.  I've been reading since Monday but couldn't bring myself to talk quite yet.  You all have said it all.  There's no replacing Annie.  She made impressions in all of our lives and we are all truly blessed by having known her and for having her for a friend.  Last time I saw Annie was New Years Day.  She was bright yellow from jauntice.  I had been warned about her complexion, but it still took me back.  Once they put a stint (or shunt) in, the jauntice vanished.  She laughed at how she must look to some people being so bright yellow!  She told me her first and most important concern was to make sure that her son Charlie was taken care of.  Everything else was second.  We talked girl-talk, laughed about corsets and shooting in our underwear, and especially about our experiences with hot lead and delicate areas!  She was so eloquent in how she put things that she kept me laughing.  I was there to help cheer her up, but she made me laugh instead!  We all will walk away with a little piece of Annie's spirit with us.  We love you Annie.  There's a big hole in CAS city that can't be filled.  Your spirt will have to guide us on, your laughter and spit-fire will keep us telling your stories around the gun-smoke!..--and I think we all have lots of fun stories to tell!!  Joyce, thank you for your sister!!  Charlie, she loved you more than you can believe.  You are a wonderful young man and we all will watch you as you continue forward.  You have lots of friends to call on if you are ever in need.  Have your dad bring you out to a couple of matches to meet us.  He will find out that we have your best interest at heart and we may talk him into shooting too!!!  My cowgirl hat goes off to Ms. Annie Lee Independent!  We miss you,
SASS #47669
KC's Corral

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2006, 08:29:39 PM »
There's no replacing Annie.  She made impressions in all of our lives and we are all truly blessed by having known her and for having her for a friend. 

We love you Annie.  There's a big hole in CAS city that can't be filled. 

Well said Kate.  I have been reading all of these posts and haven't been able to bring my self to see the screen & keyboard clearly enough to post something.  AnnieLee meant more to me that I realized.  Her leaving has hit me hard.  She was the best friend anyone could ask for.  She was always more interested in everyone else and not herself.  She put everyone before her.

Here is a picture of me and my "pard" AnnieLee.

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Silent Joe

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2006, 12:09:11 PM »
Reading the bad news about AnnieLee, I was sad.  :'(  :'( I've never met AnnieLee in person, but on the wire, she've write several times to me as answer on my topics. I allways will remember AnnieLee as a friend and good pard. Prayers for her.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2006, 06:59:56 AM »
She will be missed.  A few of us who knew her and how sick she was suffered in silence with her - as per her wishes.  She was one of the good ones.  Why are THEY the ones who have to leave early???!!!

I pray for her and for her wonderful son, Will, who I had the privilege of meeting at the 2005 NCOWS Convention.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Book Miser

• Very Active Citizen
  • Hotheaded Polack
    • Jefferson Outlaws website
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2006, 06:49:16 PM »
Back when The Rugged was in its first incarnation, Annie Lee used to slap all of us around when she thought we'd gone too far. Best line of hers over there was something she said when one of the few ladies who frequented The Rugged got upset and left: "Now there will be nobody left but the baritones."

Seemed like we were never in the right place/time to meet F2F, so I drove up to last year's Thunder Valley Days with the express intention of meeting up. We did get to shoot together, maybe twice, and for that I'm glad too.

:'(
Bugler & webmaster for the Jefferson Outlaws
SASS customer # 54876, ROII
PWDFR #119
POOP
...tell it to the chaplain

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2006, 08:06:58 AM »
Here is a link to her obituary and info on the services:

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/032006/03072006/173321

One of AnnieLee's sisters, Mickey, from CA will be there.  Her brother, Tom may also attend. Charlie & his dad will be there.  It would be great for Charlie to see his cowboy friends.

UPDATE!!  The priest changed the service from 10am to 9:30am - 1/2 hr earlier!!
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2006, 08:19:30 AM »
Thanks for posting it, Sod Buster.

Slim

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2006, 08:39:46 AM »
Thanks for posting it, Sod Buster.

Slim
Ditto. Must be dust in here again. :'(

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com