Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 08:23:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderators: Will Ketchum, St. George)  |  Topic: One week 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: One week  (Read 12138 times)
Trap
NCOWS
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

John Torrence

« on: February 09, 2006, 10:04:39 am »

Next week at this time I should be an hour closer to Council Bluffs , with about 3 hours to go. All you folks out there who have thought about joining NCOWS , come to the convention for a day , meet some of the people and get a feel for the organization. It will probably push you over to our side.   jt

Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688
French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 11:08:04 am »

For us, about 6 hours on the road, with another 6 to go.  Hope someone leaves the light on.  OCB is champing at the bit-- he is already packed and ready to go.  I've just got my stuff piled in one spot more or less.

French Jack
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 12:03:35 pm »

French Jack,

Boy howdy, you guys in the east sure are organized.  I haven't even sorted the laundry that I have to do before I pack, much less  done piles or packing.

I'll be ariving Friday morning about 11 am to practice for the GAF Color Guard for the opening.  So much to do, so little time! Roll Eyes Grin Grin Roll Eyes

Y'all drive careful and don't stop to visit with Smokey! Grin

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick
Books OToole
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Michael Tatham

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 12:11:21 pm »

I think that I am taking as much stuff as I do for a week at the Nationals. (everyting except a tent)

Camp furniture fo my talk.

Books for the vendor table.

Etc.  etc.

I will pack most of it on Sunday.  Make the trip on Wednesday PM.

Set up the Hall on Thurday AM (maybe PM, depending on when we get it).  I can use as much help as I can get for set up.

Books

G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.
US Scout
GAF Commander
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 12:47:11 pm »

Dr Bob-

I ain't packed yet (though I got my packing list made up) but will be doing it in a few days.  Problem is that I have to pack for two trips!

The day after I return from the Convention, I'm heading off to Mesopotamia!  Won't have time to pack for the second trip after I return from the first, so I have to pack for both before the first (got all that?  Wink)

US Scout
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 01:12:03 pm »

Us Scout,

I have to pack to go to Ft. Leavenworth tomorrow for a fund raisig War Games event for the Frontier Army Living History Assoc.  Staying in Houge Barracks which cost about the same as the gas for a round trip.  See you next weekend.

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick
Trap
NCOWS
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

John Torrence

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 02:51:18 pm »

I really admire you guys travelling 12 hours to the convention. I guess when the nationals come around the roles will be reversed. I hope when that time comes ,folks will remember your dedication and respond in kind , ie not whine about how far it is and use it as an excuse to stay home. And I haven't forgotten you comming from the left coast either. That is real dedication to your organization.

jt

Makes me proud to know you!!

Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688
Ornery Orr
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 03:02:48 pm »

I'll be making that long 1 hour and 15 minute drive every morning of the convention and again at night.  Boy!, that sure is taxing on a person.  Cheesy  Sorry folks, just gotta rib ya a little.  Everyone that is fortunate enough to live in this area is glad you folks make the journey.  If it was just us locals, it would look like a monthly NTR shoot.  Only 100 or so bodies.  Wink  (that was some more ribbing for the smaller clubs.)  As I said in an earlier post, we wish you all a safe trip.
Trap
NCOWS
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

John Torrence

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 03:08:30 pm »

Good OO. I guess that means we'll see all you guys in june at the national shoot in KY.

NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688
Trap
NCOWS
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

John Torrence

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 03:10:28 pm »

US Scout , Sure didn't mean to leave you out.  jt

NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688
Books OToole
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Michael Tatham

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 03:31:56 pm »

Ornery;

That means you will be driving about the same as me.  And I'm coming from Kansas City.

Books

G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.
Kayleen
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 03:35:42 pm »

Greetings to everyone,
  Seems like it hasn't been a year that we all got together in Council Bluffs, time flys when we are having fun. I could use about three more weeks to get ready. I have been told I work under pressure better than any other time. Perhaps this is true, but I think that I saw smoke coming off my sewing machine needle the other evening.
  Look forward to visiting with old friends and new ones.
  I do hope Bookes has some good books and that there are a couple new patterns to try out.
 Kayleen

Wavey1us
Citizen

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 04:51:33 pm »

Bob,
With the circus trailer you travel with, it will take some time to pack.  Are you going sans Silver tea set? 

Bill
US Scout
GAF Commander
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 05:49:12 pm »

Trap-

I didn't feel left out.  My exposure to NCOWS up until the GAF Musters had only been though "The Shootist." 

Main reason I'm coming to the Convention, other than meeting with all my new pards from the Musters and to meet old pards for the first time like Will Ketchum, is to discuss how we can get NCOWS going on the left coast. 

Cost aside, for me its only a three hour flight (give or take) and a couple days off work.  Besides, any time I can get anywhere west of the Mississippi, I'm all for it.

US Scout
US Scout
GAF Commander
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 05:51:04 pm »

Dr Bob-

Got a nice letter from Steve Allie at the Musueum saying they plan to use my old Regiment of Mounted Rifleman uniform for an exibit they are working on.  Thanks for helping us connect.

US Scout
Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 09:04:59 pm »

I plan to get my stuff together tomorrow since I seldom work Fridays.  US Scout, some how I mis-place the magazine I promised you.  If I don't find it I'll mail it when I do.

Will Ketchum.

Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI
Ornery Orr
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 07:42:39 am »

Good OO. I guess that means we'll see all you guys in june at the national shoot in KY.

What are the dates?  With my business of making outdoor furniture, that's usually a buy time of year for me.  If I don't have a show sceduled or orders pending, it might be very possible.  Maybe I could work out a carpool.  My brother (Surly Bob) has a supercrew.  Maybe we could round up Wymore Wrangler and maybe another and get down there.  I'm warning you though, the first time I see a bald headed mongoloid playing a banjo, we're headin' back north!  Grin
French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 10:26:40 am »

OO--
the dates are June 14-17th, 2006.  Place is Hooten Old Town, McKee, KY.  Hooten has a website :  www.hootenoldtown.com .....check it out.  See you at the Convention.  Cheesy   Grin

French Jack
James Hunt
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 11:13:03 am »

I'm glad my persona is of a poor hunter/scout, shouldn't take me more than 5 minutes to pack - let me see where did I place my only pair of period correct underwear after the Nationals?

Also, I'm bringing my wife, so when I get there I'd appreciated it if you guys would contstantly refer to this convention as a "shopping opportunity" with a few comments like "have you visited the mall here" - don't want this to be culture shock for her.

NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)
Will Ketchum
Chief of Detectives
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Pete Ersland

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 11:34:36 am »

let me see where did I place my only pair of period correct underwear after the Nationals?

James since your period correct you probably still have them on!! Grin

Will Ketchum

Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI
Ottawa Creek Bill
Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 11:40:14 am »

James said:::::
let me see where did I place my only pair of period correct underwear after the Nationals?

Well..., That's something MY persona dosn't have to worry about.......

Bill, with a ... Wink

Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 02:52:05 pm »

James,
my Grandfather told me that it was common practice to sew kids into their long johns for the winter.  Don't think that he was ever sewn in his, but he knew several kids that were.

French Jack
Lone Gunman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

The Lone Gunman ...as himself

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 03:50:31 pm »

Now I could see maybe havin' a dog on yer lap to keep yer hands warm, but sewing kids into yer underwear seems barbaric.  Shocked  I'm pretty sure there's a law against it here in Nebraska.  I'd assume even in Kentucky they'd have to be your own kids or at least close relation.

George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"
Lars
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 04:02:46 pm »

Humm, sewing kids into their undies does seem a little cruel. Could this be an advantage in that one then can wash both kid and undies at same time? That is, if either were washed.

Lars
French Jack
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 08:02:10 pm »

This would have been in the 1800's.  As I recall, he said that some people did not bath very frequently, and they sewed their children into the long johns, along with a asafatidia bag around their neck to keep them healthy.  He said they would not let them sit close to the stove at school, they had to sit in the back row in the corner.  I used to think he was kidding me, but I have heard the same from several old timers that are now long gone.  I suppose in the days before indoor plumbing, with no central heat, frequent baths were a rarity in the winter. It was probably much the same all over the country I would suspect.   Huh??      HuhHuh

French Jack
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  NCOWS (Moderators: Will Ketchum, St. George)  |  Topic: One week « previous next »
Jump to: