Author Topic: Single Trigger SXS  (Read 9501 times)

Lars

Re: Single Trigger SXS
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »

Please don't take this question the wrong way, but do you speak the languages you mentioned fluently? Just asking as it is not requried to take part in the originals class.

Bill

Yes. And I am also literate in the two other than English. And, yes, I can translate them. And, yes, I can/will translate them if asked. And, yes, IF two of us are present we will and do use those languages.

Actually, you could give some credit to the USA secondary school system that tried to force a bunch of us to always speak English, even beween ourselves. They suceeded nicely in increasing our determination to become fluent and literate in those languages. We thank them for their missguided efforts.

Ingenting farligt att någon pratar sina språk!! Vad som helst de är.

Lars

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 04:56:13 PM »
No hablo.

Libros
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Lars

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 07:59:46 PM »
Thanks John!! That is pretty much as I see it.

Also, another reason to go for a more "upper-class" or at least a well-known-person persona is that more documentation, more specific documentation is likely/certain to be available.

And, to maybe nudge this thread back to its original  topic, NONE of the old doubles I use or know about had single triggers untill well into the 1900s. That is not to say that single trigger guns did not exist. However, I would expect them to be the upgrades purchased by the gadget-minded and well monied folks. Double triggers were and remain the preference of nearly all the doubles shooters I know. Double triggers are simply faster and more reliable, although some of the high quality single trigger designs (on Brownings, etc.) are quite reliable. On cheap doubles, like those Stoeger imports, I would avoid them.

Lars

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:23:25 AM »

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 08:58:41 PM »
RCJ said in part,
therefore I would have no reason to question your sources just because they were in another language.
Now, where do you see that implied???

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Offline Lone Gunman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The Lone Gunman ...as himself
    • Lone-Gunman.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2006, 10:16:25 PM »
I look forward to Lone Gunman being right...

I always do too  ;D

(... who on the Originals can understand our Swedish-language documentation?).

It may be worth pointing out that folks who couldn't adequately make themselves understood to the rest of the frontier folk were sometimes singled out and hanged for the offenses actually committed by others.  :o
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Lars

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 11:37:05 AM »
It may be worth pointing out that folks who couldn't adequately make themselves understood to the rest of the frontier folk were sometimes singled out and hanged for the offenses actually committed by others.  :o

Think I better get busy recruting more Scandihoovians that still speak their native languages.

Alternatively,

Work to see the real offenders get hanged.

Lar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com