Author Topic: Mississippi Marine Brigade reenacting/historian group  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Cannon Fodder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mississippi Marine Brigade reenacting/historian group
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:26:49 PM »
Gentlmen, several of us in the Atlanta  area are thinging about trying to set up a group portraying the Mississippi Marine Brigade. Is anyone interested? I have particularly  enjoyed the previous  posts from us scout ,guns garrett, river city john and others. CMH plate no 535 was very helpful.Those of you that have  put together the "wheel hat" insignia,can you post a picture? I know spencers and sharps were used.  What extent do you think henrys were used? Best,Cannon Fodder

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: Mississippi Marine Brigade reenacting/historian group
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 05:40:22 PM »
Cannon Fodder-

What a great idea!  Go for it!

I will send you some photographs of my hat that I sent to Guns Garrett that may be helpful.  Unlike Rattlesnake Jack, I'm not technically advanced enough to post them on the forum here.  Bear with me as they are on another computer and I may not get to it tonight.

I know the Brigade used Spencers, but I found nothing in Lt Col George Currie's autobiographical account of them using Sharps or Henrys. 

I had the pleasure of wearing my MMB uniform on the Delta Queen this last May.  Not sure if anyone figured out who I was portraying, but it was fun to see people trying to figure out the hat.

US Scout
Bvt Col of Marines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com