Author Topic: Oppression of Free Speach on The Rugged Individualist  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Ozark Iron John

• We're Ridin-n-Shootin Boyz! Blam! Blam! Blam!
  • Top Active Citizen
  • You're not under Arrest. We're here to Hang ya!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Oppression of Free Speach on The Rugged Individualist
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:31:02 PM »
Well folks, I'm heading down that well worn path like others before me. I've crossed sabers with the powermongers on The Rugged Individualist. I dared to express an alternate view of reality. I dared to question their precious Baby Bushie. My ideas have been deemed the rantings of an illogical lunatic. My thread has been locked. I have been sanctioned and repremanded. All that is left is for them to banish me.

There will be a reckonning. My ancesters will demand an accounting of my actions during this time. I will not go silently into the night with these dark horsemen. If I mysteriously dissapear, or if my accounts are disabled, remember me, look out for my loved ones and beware of the moderators (IROT & S. Slim) they are "like" fat old sychophant milk cows of the establishment. If a Rugged Individualist show's himself they bawl the party line and stampede the herd. They oppress freedom of speach and squelch opposition to their views.

"Wrap my Body in a Bonnie Blue Flag and bury me with my Feet in the South!"
>:(    - Ozark Iron John cir. 1876

SASS #60933, CMSA #4406, Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Ozark Iron John

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Oppression of Free Speach on The Rugged Individualist
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 01:55:12 PM »
Well the boys on the Open Range chimed in with their two cents. H. Lemar locked my thread and publicly repramanded me in order to make an example of me to the others. Apparently if you get out of line on the Open Range, you get shut down by the globalist corporate elite.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 02:43:05 PM »
Dang, John, everybody needs a hobby.

How come you picked paranoia?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:56:24 PM »

Offline Ozark Iron John

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 03:15:10 PM »
Its true, I have had some difficulties this past year.  In an out of the hosptial psych ward, counseling, psychiatry medications for depression and paranoia, but I'm better now.   ???

It ain't paranoia if they're out to getcha. 

Offline Ozark Iron John

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 03:23:30 PM »
Yeeeeeee!  Haaaawww!
I appealed to the public fourm and the powers that be over there on The Rugged Individualist have seen the light.  I may still be on probation, but my thread is un-locked.

Woooo!  Whooo!  Come on over Ya'll!  The water's fine.

Offline Irish Red O'Toole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »
<deleted by author>

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 03:48:42 PM »
Folks,

Maybe it ain't my place ta say, I'll say it anyway.

We ain't had no trouble here since a couple folks decided ta ride outtah town.  I, personally, would appreciate it if y'all'd keep yer dirty laundry o'er where it got dirty.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Marshal'ette Halloway

• The Marshal's Boss & Head Rebel Rowser
  • Peace Officer
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither work
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 03:53:13 PM »
I'm sorry John that you have had a rough time of things.
Sometimes it seems that when it starts to sprinkle rain, just as soon as you are trying to find your umbrella..
 the whole heavens open up with every nasty type of weather imaginable... and just dump it all on your head and shoulders.
But I know that you will pull up and out of it. We as humans are strong and have an instinctive will to fight and survive.
And you can not forget that even though you may think that some are out to "get cha'".. you have a whole heap of friends and people here in Cas City that you can depend on. All you have to do is reach out your hand..and I promise you that there will be more hands reaching out, than you will be able to grab.

As for this thread that has seemingly caused problems on the other boards.
I can see both sides of this issue.

I don't know if I can speak for the other sites.. but I CAN and do see both sides here.
Being an outspoken person myself.. I understand the force sometimes to make us want to just 'stand up and be heard".
This is okay.. but sometimes in doing this on an open public forum, unfortunately really doesn't accomplish much... other than getting everyone's feathers ruffled and in what sometimes ends up being a bar room fight.
Freedom of speech is a wonderful gift.. and I use it frequently.. but all too many times, it really didn't accomplish anything and in 2 hours ( long enough for everyone to calm down and get back to their own thoughts and beliefs) it was totally forgotten.

Cas City is Cowboy Shooting forum for the most part...as is the Open Range. The Rugged  Individualist is a political forum, so issues of this nature in a Cowboy Shooting forum  tend to not have anywhere to go except downhill with negative results.
We all need to get on our soapbox occasionally and I understand also..that even if it makes "us" ( the one that is doing the speechmaking) feel better, generally it has the opposite effect on some. We have all been on both sides of that board I am afraid.
 But I have learned that you can not argue politics or religion. Nor can you very seldom get by with stating in matter of fact terms ..your beliefs on the subjects. ( I have been bitten more times than I care to admit when I have done this)

I imagine that the best thing to do ..in this case.. is for me to lock this thread..
Not because of the topic itself.. but because these kinds of political differences and problems with other forums put everyone involved in a no win situation.
If you need anything at any time of day or night.. feel free to call, or e-mail me. I will  listen till my ears fall off if need be. LOL
I hope you find some strength and peace within yourself to help lighten your path's walkway.

Marshal'ette
SASS #56524, BCVC #26

The smell of heaven is Fresh Baked Bread and Gun Powder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com