Author Topic: What Do You Do......?  (Read 26175 times)

Offline Standpat Steve

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What Do You Do......?
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2004, 12:51:44 AM »
I have earned my living as a springmaker, machinist, carpenter, investigator (still have an active PI license), and currently-building inspector for the City of Los Angeles. Have a wife who tolerates guns, and a teenage, soccer playing daughter who knows how to shoot but doesn't find it interesting. Enjoy American history, books, music & many types of shooting. Been shooting SASS matches for around 20 years in God's own caliber: .44 special <G>.
Standpat Steve, SASS #113, NCOWS #1468

Offline Marshal Halloway

• Editor & Webmaster of Cas City.
  • City Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Don't squat with your spurs on. Have fun shootin'.
    • Cas City
  • SASS #: R3411
  • NCOWS #: HL-179
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2004, 10:20:45 AM »
Not about me this time, but what Marshal'ette H. is doing for a living. I got her webage up and running, so you can all have a look.

Click on the Perfect Touch logo below.

Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2004, 03:37:49 PM »
I am 33.  I am a design engineer for a major telecommunications company.  I have been in telecom since 1997.  My first REAL job out of college.

I have a MBA from the University of Dallas and my undergraduate is from East Carolina University.

I served 4 years in the Marine Corps, 1989 - 1993.  Including the first Gulf War.

I have a wife and three great kids spanning ages 9 - 7 months.

I grew up in New Hampshire.  Was stationed and went to school in North Carolina.  Lived in Dallas and now live in Kansas.  So I have had a great time living all over.   My two passions in life beside my family are wieght lifting and CAS. 
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 11:20:09 PM »

Offline ladylaw45

• Active citizen
  • I LOVE my shot gun
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2004, 10:44:38 PM »
I'm a 48 yr. old retired police detective and court bailiff-armed guard.  I'm now a cerified (certifiable??) NRA Instructor who enjoys teaching kids and women and getting them involved in the world of guns.  I do teach men but usually they don't need coaxing.  When I'm not doing that I'm usually working on a gun or two and seeing what local matches I can get to.  I also have a 21 yr. old daughter in college in NJ who I try to see every so often or at least talk to her-we have a good relationship.  Thanks for the opportunity to get to know each other-kinda fun!

Ladylaw  :)
SASS# 32395  BOLD#553  NRA Instructor ROII

Offline KatieJean

• Leather & Lace
  • Citizen
    • kowboyboots.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2004, 01:37:36 AM »
Well hi there every one.  Just joined up here and hope to meet a whole lot of cool new friends.
I am an agriculture teacher by trade, but have always been able to make a real nice living making things.  In particular I am an awards maker, specializing in horse event and most recently SASS & CSMA shooting.  Also screen printer for shirts & caps, sign maker, and just about anything not to have a real job, LOL.  My products are in western stores all over the world.
Here in Walla Walla, Washington I also have a horse stables that I lease out to race horses and a Gourmet food store, specializing in Walla Walla Sweet Onions.
Was widowed 7 years ago, am 47 years old and love to laugh.
Just bought a new paint horse to make into my mounted shooting horse and am having so much fun with both.
So if you need any awards for you matches, send me an email, I am really reasonable and you'll love my products.  Other wise hope to see ya on the road.  I will be at the CMSA
World Show in November,  Wild West Christmas & the Country Christmas in Vegas during the NFR.

"Cowboys and angels... leather and lace... salt of the earth meets heavenly grace. Cowboys and angels, proven and tried; a long way to heaven but one hell of a ride!"

"Cowboys and angels... leather and lace... salt of the earth meets heavenly grace. Cowboys and angels, proven and tried; a long way to heaven but one hell of a ride!"

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2005, 07:53:45 PM »
Retired teacher (agriculture and auto technology), born in the late 40s, raised on a ranch/farm and educated in Texas (GO AGGIES!).
Moved to Virginia in '71 to teach, was also a grain market manager for a large southern farmers co-op, did several other things for a while,  back to teaching then retirement.
Travelling to CAS matches and substitute teaching now.
Been into CAS since '96 and shooting and hunting since birth.
I have one daughter, 27.
Married to Miz Annie Ross for 15 years. We have one dogter, Ellie (Chocolate Lab.)
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Coop Trawlaine

• Come sit by the fire and I'll tell ya a story.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Author-Member Western Writers of America
    • Walt Lange Word Slinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2005, 08:26:27 PM »
Well, I have worked at a number of trades.  14 years as a machinist/inspector, 10 years as a Painting Contractor and now that I am retired I write western/frontier fiction novels and am the caregiver for my 84 year old mother who has been through the "H" fire the last four years with medical problems, from Cancer to Heart and then some.

I was born (1942) and raised in San Francisco, California...my grandfather was a working cowboy in Missouri and Montana until the Great Depression when he became a migrant construction worker, he died due to an accident while working on the Golden Gate Bridge.  My father pass away in 1994 and was an executive with Paramount Pictures and had worked in distribution for them over 30 years.

I was am a Cold War Vet, between Korea and Vietnam, divorced with two Sons ages 32 and 34 with wonderful wives, and two grandchildren just into their teens, 13 and 14.

Been shooting CAS now for 11 months and really enjoy the people I shoot with and those I have met, for the most part, online in the sport.
Coop Trawlaine SASS #63617, SCORRS, WartHog, SUDDS #188, IPSAC #47
Aka: Walt Lange
"Trawlaine" ISBN 1-4137-7738-4
"Trawlaine's Land" ISBN -09479379-0-8
Western Writers of America
Society of Southwestern Authors
www.waltlange.com

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2005, 08:53:29 PM »
Well I was born in 1950 in Muskogee, Oklahoma, when they brought me home grandpa had the boots and gun realy for me. Grew up out in the country, my Dad had me driving a tractor full time in the summer by the time I was 9 continued farming until I was 35 mostly wheat soybeans and alfalfa.

About this time I started helping my stepdaughter with her bounty hunting, she worked for a bail bondsman, a few years later I became a bail bonds man and still did all my own bounty hunting, we bonded out about 2500 people a year so I had plenty to chase down. went border to border and coast to coast finding them, very interesting work, did that for about 10 years.

Got tired of doing that so in 1997 my wife and I bought a turkey farm up the mountain from Ozark Arkansas, about 40 miles East of Ft. Smith Ark. We raise contract turkeys, 180.000 per year for one of the big turkey compaines, since we've been here we've raised almost 1.5 million turkey birds.

We live in the Ozark National Forrest about 15 miles from town,  I get out and hunt at least 2 times a week and shoot a few of the other days,  the birds don't mind the shooting and the neighbors aren't close enough to care. We have very little free time, we have birds of one size or the other on the farm 365 days a year so we just take care of the birds and do about what ever else we want too.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Modoc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Editor, Shasta Regulators State of Jefferson
    • Shasta Regulators
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2005, 10:18:25 PM »
Glad to see that I am not the youngest on here ;D.  Born in Madras OR. and Raised in a little logging town called Burney, CA.  Grew up hunting and shooting with my Parents.  Went off to the dreaded Southern CA for College and came back with a BS in Agicultural Engineering, a Fiance and an awesom hobby called SASS.  Started CAS with the Chorro Valley Regulators about early '95 and been playing since.  Worked as a Timber faller and Seasonal Firefighter to help pay for the education and now work as a Highway Designer for Caltrans in the Redding office 8).  It is a lot of fun to try and "remodle" a road that was first built in the '20's and make it meet current standards.  Sierra Packer and I have been married since the turn of the century ;D and now have a wonderful 8 month old son that goes by Kurt N. Kleimer.  Our juggleing of  shoots and babysitting is taking a break for the winter, but will start again in April.  In my "spare time" I try to manage the Shasta Regulators web site, the eternal list of Honey Do's and Teach Hunter safety for the DFG (been at that for 15+ years).  I am looking forward to meeting more of the CA, OR, NV and Jefferson pards as time goes on.

Modoc
Modoc

"He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest"
SUDDS, SCORRS, Retired Warthog, Sometime Gunfighter, and Soot Deliante

Offline Howdy Doody

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2005, 01:38:22 AM »
Me?
Well, it all goes way back 62+ years ago I was born and raised in N.H. I spent time as aircrew in the Navy (P3 Orions) stationed at Pt Mugu and Moffet Field in California and stayed in California after muster out. Then I got into the mechanical trades. Worked in two mines as a mechanic and then went into the truck repair line that I am still in today. I don't pull wrenches any more, but I am a service department foreman for a Freightliner dealer and I am looking for 4 more years of this stuff and then the chance to get out and shoot big and little matches all over the place.
I sure enjoy CAS a lot and all the freinds I have made so far. I also like to do woodworking and stained glass for side hobbies. I used to do team penning for a number of years and enjoyed that, but I am happy where I am now. :)
yer pard,
Howdy Doody
Notorious BP shooter

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2005, 05:50:24 AM »
Auto, Ag, Aviation mechanic.
DOD technician on mil helicopters.  Now QC.
FFL for years.
MG

"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Bristow Kid

• I've got a touch of hangover beuracrate. Don't push me
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Matthew(Matt) Bohach
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2005, 06:37:48 AM »
Well since I have a pretty strange job.  I'll post it here so y'all can wonder what I do.  For the last 5 years I have been a professinal hog vaccinator.  I know its a crappy job but hey someone's gotta do it.  Before that I built buildings was a welder.  And have spent the better part of my life working on farms raising everything from hogs to horses  cattle and goats.  Also still raising cattle with my brother.
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Offline Gringo

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2005, 08:24:51 AM »
I am a Project Manager currently working in retail construction in Chino, CA.  We are looking for Project Managers and Superintendents and will pay a referal bonus if we hire someone recommended by any of y'all.

Offline Old Dude

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2005, 09:40:55 AM »
Sixty one years old and still immature as h*ll. I work at the largest welfare office in Minnesota. I am the greeter. In other words, I make my living telling people where to go. And I'll be d*mned if they don't thank me for doing it. Been doing that for a bit over six years now.

In other times, I was a linguist in the Navy, a research assistant for an outfit in California, court clerk (twice), worked with migrant children in California, etc.
NCOWS/SASS alias--Pettifoggin' Pete

No problem is so simple that it cannot be made unclear by the application of logic and language.

Silent Joe

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2005, 10:55:55 AM »
Well, born on December 26 in 1943 in Amsterdam; the Capitol of the Netherlands;  I've lived the greatest part of my life in this City. With 19 years old in the Army ended as a Sergeant. Start working by the Public Transport Cie. in Amsterdam as a conductor in 1965 and leaved it on May 1th this year as Chief Inspector working in the Radio Control Room. Start shooting in 1989 with modern weapons and got western in 1995. Start horsebackriding 8 years ago, first English style, after 1 year over to Western Riding. I'm married with a lovely wife and we enjoy our life together.   :)

Offline deucedaddyj

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2005, 12:55:22 PM »
I've been working as a draftsman and field crew hand for a land surveying company for about the last 2 years. Before that I moved furniture, and for a very short period I actually worked for an insurance company. :P

Offline DR.A.W.FAST

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2005, 05:06:50 PM »
Lets see, I'm 56 years old. Started out as a draftsman,got bored and became a chef, hated the hours and the money and got a job in Aerospace for 16 years on and off. I was born here in Connecticut but spent the first 12 years of my life in Kansas. Moved back here and hated it and left for Kansas soon as I was able.Worked on cattle ranches and built Barns as well as line chef when I needed to eat and money was tight. Ended up moving back here to Conn. for family reasons and am stuck here I guess. Now driving all manner of wheeled vehicles from 60 Ton Euclids to tractor trailers when needed. Started CAS about 5 years ago but have been SASS memberfor 10.

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2006, 12:15:57 PM »
I am a 39 year old analytical/environmental chemist.  When you are a science geek, it is required that you have an odd hobby/obsession.  I avoided the star wars/star trek geeks and became a history geek.   I have been a history nut and a cowboy fanatic since birth.  My first gift from my father was a pair of boxing gloves (it was my 1st birthday and he had boxed Professionally), 2nd gift was a toy sixgun and cowboy hat.  I had more toy guns than any 6 kids combined.   Been married to the most wonderful and tolerant woman for 17 years this saturday.  We won't be blessed with children, so we spoil our dog beyond belief and my wife teaches at an all girls school, so she plays mother more than she ever imagined.  She is a bigger geek as she is a mathematician who came to teaching in graduate school. 

Offline Rascal Ralph

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2006, 12:49:38 PM »
Just turned 64 a few days ago, started out as a Blacksmith/farrier from Cal-Poly, started training and shoeing Thourobreds, switched to Standerdbreds. Had the voted second best trotter in the U.S. 2 yrs in a row. Heart attack almost stopped me, 2 open heart surgerys slowed me down. Spent the last 10 yrs. working in a lumber mill to keep my heart exercised. Owned saddle horses all my life, dressed ranch style alll my life. Got cancer, perifial Neuropathy, and bad breath. Shot silioutte handgun for years, just joined SASS, love cowboy people! Ex-wife and I owned a little farm called "Rocking Horse Ranch" raiseing horses.(hence the alius) RHR.
In case you don't know me, I'm just a friend you hadn't met yet.

Sass # 67604

SBSS # 1822

GOFWG # 283

RATS # ???

Offline Dai.S.Loe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2006, 02:26:11 PM »
I am a network and desktop computer engineer for a small airline here in NZ

Dai
The "Darkside" means never having to see the targets you miss.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com