Author Topic: Ruger Bisley Vaquero or Ruger new Vaquero  (Read 5457 times)

Offline victor

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ruger Bisley Vaquero or Ruger new Vaquero
« on: December 11, 2005, 12:58:21 PM »
Can someone enlighten me on the difference between a Ruger Bisley Vaquero and a new Ruger Vaquero. I wish to purchase one in .357 and am assuming that the Bisley is built on the old Ruger larger frame, with a different grip???  Would someone who shoots a Bisley advise on why it is better for you than a regular new Vaquero?

I would also appreciate some discussion on barrel lengths. If you have a preference, why?  Thanks.
Victor

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Ruger Bisley Vaquero or Ruger new Vaquero
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 03:36:22 PM »
The bisley is on the old grip frame which is larger than the new grip frame.  The hammer on the new Ruger drops a little more that the hammer on the old Ruger though.  A lot of duelist like the Bisley hammers because they are easier to reach than the higher hammers of the regular Vaquero when shooting one handed.  Personally shooting two handed I don't care for the Bisley hammers.

Barrel lengths

Longer barrels take a little more time to get holstered and unholstered...the longer the barrel the more that the difference is noticed.  Longer barrels generally have a bit more accuarcy at a distance but at SASS matches you won't notice the difference in accuracy if the targets are of suggested size and distance.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com