Author Topic: Some easy questions  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Some easy questions
« on: December 10, 2005, 10:19:19 AM »
Hi, I dont have rifle at the time can I just participate in the handgun events at a match? Also can I use different barrel lengths in different calibers or do they need to be a pair?

Foothills Drifter

Re: Some easy questions
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 11:28:29 AM »
Howdy......
Use any combo of barrel lenghts ya want! If ya ain't got a rifle....ain't no problem. Bring some extra ammo and let the folks on your posse know ya are in need and you will have cowboys standin in line tryin ta lend ya one! I alway bring two.....
Where are ya from......

Good shootin......
Vern...  8)

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 12:03:11 PM »
Foothills Drifter says it straight. There's almost always someone with a spare rifle you could use. As to calibers, I've seen pards shoot three different calibers on one stage. There is no rule on this. It's nice to have a matched pair of pistols so they both feel the same while you shoot, but it isn't necessary. Most pards like the same caliber in their rifle and pistols for convenience of only needing one load to fit everything. My wife and I shoot the same caliber in all our cartridge guns and we just grab ammo out of the same big box. All the casings go into the same ziplock. No thought on what goes into what.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:17:43 PM »

Offline DarkBlack

• Poor White Boy
  • Active citizen
  • Dark Black isn't a color, it's a way of life.
    • My Little WWW Site
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 09:40:57 AM »
These pards are right on the money.

The first match I went to I only had one pistol of my own & I just came to watch. I must've been asked by 20 fellers why I wasn't shooting, & every one of them told me that not owning guns is no excuse for not shooting.

The next month, pards sought me out to find me & let me use their guns.

CAS-ers are the friendliest lot of dirty dogs you're likely to find in this brave new world we live in.

If you're ever in Northern Illinois, look me up, we'll go shootin.
Shooting straight means never having to say you're sorry.

-Dark Black
SASS #65451

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com