Author Topic: what is not going on?  (Read 6060 times)

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: what is not going on?
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 03:04:20 PM »
Bunk,

I'll second what Dave said.  Dillon will absolutely make it right if you have a problem with the SDB. As a fer' instance, I was given an old Square Deal (so old it was before the "B" model).  I used it for several years, and the connecting arm broke.  I put is aside and used that as an excuse to buy a Dillon 650.  

A few years later my son wanted to start reloading, so I thought I'd see what it would take to repair the Square Deal.  I called Dillon, and they said to just send it back to them.  I did so after removing all the accouterments (shell plate, primer feed, etc.).  When I got it back in about 2 weeks, they had completely refurbished it, including new bushings everywhere, put a shell plate on it and installed another primer feed mechanism - and all I had asked about was the connecting arm.  

I"ve had a few minor parts needs on my 650 over the 10+ years I've had it and they always ship whatever I need pronto - at no cost.  Great people to deal with.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Offline Noz

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 11:34:32 AM »
Did you hear my scream?

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 04:11:38 PM »

I am also SCREAMING!!

It's back down in the teens and 20s and SNOWING again and it SUX!!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:06:23 PM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 05:16:09 PM »
I'm not so sure about the "rebuild it for free" situation at Dillon these days.  About 3 years ago I handed off my Square Deal B to Dillon at Winter Range, for a rebuild (or whatever it took to make it seat primers correctly).  They did rebuild it and ship it back to me, but it cost me $65 if I recall correctly.  Still a great deal.  I have yet to set it up, still loading everything on my Lee Turret.  :)

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 03:22:44 PM »
Ho the fire.  Question coming on.

I fell into 75 lb of #9 lead shot.  If I load this stuff in my 16ga BP ammo for SASS matches, will I have a problem with KDs?  I'd use the same loads as usual, but will the smaller shot give me problems with the KDs?  FWIW, I have a 311 SxS and shot FCGF although I prefer my Win. 97.  Both have snug chokes.

DD-MDA
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 03:34:08 PM »

Ho Right Back atcha DD

Seriously doubt you'd have trouble wid da poppers.  We're actually talking rocket Science here.  You know, "Throw Weight" "Kinetic Energy" "Mass in Motion" all that sort of stuff.  As long as the Payload reaches the target at roughly the same time, and the Payload weighs the same as the "other" payload, the energy on the target is the same.

Expecting the amount of the pattern concentrated on the intended victim, Adios.

Your Pal Smedley

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 07:48:14 PM »
I have only used #9 shot since I started reloading sg’s for cas. Shot is measured in your loader by volume [inside diameter of the shot bushing], the less space between shot pettets= more pellets in the wad. And the more pellets you put downrange the better. At least thats how I see it. I will add a caveat in that every club does it differently and some set sg targets so light that the wind knocks ‘em over and others need a factory small game load in a tight choked gun to knock them over. 9’s should be ok.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2019, 12:18:35 PM »
I've got a pair of Dillon 550Bs, one of them a rebuilt 450 with upgraded frame. Cheaper than buying a new press.

Been busy laying in a stock of ammo in all kinds of calibres for spring as well as casting/sizing various bullets for rifle and pistol.

T'other day I made 260 rds of BP .38 Spl. for my Open Tops with 170 gr SWCs. These are a design which has a rebated base for a GC. That fills up with lube which is a good thing.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com