Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2019, 10:58:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks (Moderators: Delmonico, Pitspitr)  |  Topic: Got a so-so diagnosis so I jumped. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Got a so-so diagnosis so I jumped.  (Read 892 times)
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« on: December 09, 2018, 01:02:39 pm »

With a recent so-so medical diagnosis [not too bad but any cancer isnít good] I decided to jump and buy something that Iíve wanted for a very long time. As itís just me now I broke into savings and bought a Webley Fosbery .455 Target. I had the thrill of shooting one maybe 20 years ago and it was a hoot, right up there with the M3 Thompson, 8mm Maxim, MP5 and 45-70 Gattling that Iíve fired. I could have bought that one for 8 grand then, way too much for a working man supporting a family but today as a single retired dude-why not? They only made 5000 or so of the revolvers so it shouldnít devalue and I do love a Webley. And I didnít give too much more than the price of one that I shot so many years ago. Waiting for it to arrive, will do a range report soon.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Trailrider
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:21:27 pm »

Too bad you had to wait until a medical problem prompted you. Prayers up for your speedy and complete recovery!

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF
Galen
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 06:41:30 pm »

A short time back wasn't there a Pakistani company going to remake the webley Fosbery?
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 07:00:28 pm »

2013 is the most current date of the items that pop up if you google ĎPakistani Webley Fosberyí, the companyís website shows nothing that I can find. I have seen old photos of their prototype but thats all. Maybe they went under? Not enough interest? If there was money to be made in bringing back an out of print firearm the Italians surely would....and donít call me Shirley.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Tascosa Joe
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 02:26:38 pm »

I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.  Prayers up. 
I'm afraid, after spending some time in Pakistan, that I would not purchase anything made in there except for a rug.  Specially something intended to go boom while holding it in my hand.

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life,
smoke
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 07:04:05 am »

Cancer SUCKS!!!!  Fight that sucker hard!

Post some pics when you get the Webley..something in uniform and shooting if you can.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

GAF#379
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 10:00:57 pm »

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Been cranking out .455 loads on my Lyman turret press today. Going to warm up Friday so Iíll do some bullet casting. I have a rcbs .45-265-RN-HB mold which is correct for the Webley .455. Also got an email today and my toy has shipped.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 05:18:46 pm »

Guys, I picked up my Fosbery this afternoon and it looks good. Not too nice to shoot but in pretty good condition externally. Cycled nice. Has a solid sound to it. Last week I loaded a bunch of 4.0 gr of bullseye under a 200gr .454 pointy nose lead bullet. Unfortunately itís got an issue. Firing my loaded rds cycle the revolver just fine but it wants to double or triple. My first thought was that thereís junk in the gun so I found disassembly instructions and took it down enough to clean things. Didnít see any hard grease just some thick oil. Just put it back together and tried it, still doubling. In fact itís full auto, hold down the trigger and away you go. Disconnector not operating.
Couldnít wait so I tore it down a little farther to get the hammer and sear out. The full cock was hardly a notch so I slightly deepened it, cleaned more grease out of the insides and ever so slightly bent the flat spring on the sear which is also the disconnector. Put it back together and IT WORKS. Even though itís after dark I loaded 2 rds in the cylinder and stepped out on the deck and it fired correctly, no double and the hammer locked back after each rd was fired. Trigger resetting ok. Will take pix tomorrow.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Pitspitr
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 09:37:29 am »

I wish you'd had somebody video the full auto  Shocked Kinda like when I had the auto eject trapdoor.

I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA RSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Endowment Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 08:41:46 pm »

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I'm now in my eighth year of remission. It's a disease, not a death sentence.

Attitude has a lot to do with dealing with it and recovering. And Lord knows, I surely have "attitude" to burn!

When I had an MRI done, I tried to pray and could not. Odd for a man who has learned to pray at the drop of a hat because of all the things I've survived. But as I was going into the machine, this came to me .....

"I touched the hem of his robe and was healed according to my faith." I don't know if you're a believer, but things like that only enhance my belief.

When I got the results of the MRI, the tech said - "Good news. It hasn't metastasized." I said - "I know." She just smiled.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 10:08:23 pm »

Thanks PJ for your very kind words of encouragement and congratulations on your continuing remission. Iíve got to wait till another psa test in April to see if the med Iíve recently started is working or not. Weíll see what happens then, but Iím still going to spend my sons inheritance.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
smoke
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 10:51:23 pm »

Iím still going to spend my sons inheritance.

Do it!  I wish my dad had spent more on himself.  He waited too late to do some stuff then the Alzheimer's hit and he did not get to enjoy it like he should have.  I bet you son would agree with me.

GAF#379
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks (Moderators: Delmonico, Pitspitr)  |  Topic: Got a so-so diagnosis so I jumped. « previous next »
Jump to: