Author Topic: Turnbull Marlin 1895CB  (Read 3298 times)

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Turnbull Marlin 1895CB
« on: November 15, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »
Anybody know anything about these? It's a new production Marlin which Turnbull gets and removes the safety, installs a "Trigger Happy Kit", gives it Turnbull color case hardening and refinishes the wood to look like original Marlin's. It looks like an extremely beautiful rifle but from what I've read regular new production Marlin's are not exactly the most trusted products on the market. I'm wondering if Turnbull goes to any effort to make sure potential issues are corrected besides what they state in their list of improvements. Is this going to be a well functioning rifle out of the box as it comes from Turnbull?

https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/gun/turnbull-finished-marlin-1895cb-log-tfmarlin1895cb-turnbull-restoration/

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Turnbull Marlin 1895CB
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 09:44:48 AM »
OH CUMMON!!!  ENOUGH ALREADY!!!  Just zactly howz anybody suppose to answer all your question??  Since, apparently, nobody has actually laid out the folding money to get one??  First need somebody to buy one.

OK.  I'll do it.  Somebody send me the folding money and then I'll buy the rifle and make a report.  OK??  That should work.  RIGHT??

(snicker snicker snorfel pfsnort)

PS:  Fergot.  "BROW" or Buffalo Rifles of the OLD WEST.  Aumn, by 1895 weren't most ALL the Bison ....... gone??  Like, nothing to shoot at??  Being Snarky and all that on a Friday??

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 09:43:32 PM »
Well maybe by me posting it somebody will see it and have to buy one, lol. Then they can tell me how it is, lol. I won't be buying one anytime soon because I just bought a Pedersoli Lightning .44-40 but I expect I'll need a big bore rifle eventually. I was thinking Rolling Block or 1886 but this thing is now a contender as well.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:32:48 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 05:18:49 AM »
That ..."Turnbull Finished Marlin 1895CB Made to Order $1,500.00"  seem a reasonable maybe even bargain priced.
It is certainly a head turner , and if you chose the 1895 (45/70)  it's $1300 and that is steal !

Wonder, what they'd charge for a 1894 ?
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 06:06:31 PM »
0&eim=0,2

Beautiful rifle, but it does not look anything like the original.
Well, I don't think he's going to go as far as making it into a "square bolt" from a round one. I noticed it also still has the fat forend wood, after the refinishing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com