Author Topic: Lee sizing die --ID ??  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
Lee sizing die --ID ??
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:20:27 PM »
 I am wanting to set the neck back on my ( resized 45-70 ) 40-60 cases,, but they will not push up in the die far enough ,,they like .500 pushing up flush w/ the bottom of the die ( only need to go .10 thou. ) . If I try to push the case up it will bulge the case  but only on one side ?? . Checking the ID of the bottom of the die In about 1/8th " the die shrinks to .495 !! . The base dia. of the 40/60 is .500 ,,, I think the die is tapering to fast ,, I need some clarification ,, what am I missing  ? . Milling  the bottom  off will not work because of the taper ,,right ?? .

smoke'm if ya' got'm ,, Hootmix .

Offline Kasey00

• Citizen
    • Hajiop
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lee sizing die --ID ??
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 02:34:52 PM »
I am wanting to set the neck back on my ( resized 45-70 ) 40-60 cases bluestacks,, but they will not push up in the die far enough ,,they like .500 pushing up flush w/ the bottom of the die ( only need to go .10 thou. ) . If I try to push the case up it will bulge the case  but only on one side ?? . Checking the ID of the bottom of the die In about 1/8th " the die shrinks to .495 !! . The base dia. of the 40/60 is .500 ,,, I think the die is tapering to fast ,, I need some clarification ,, what am I missing  ? . Milling  the bottom  off will not work because of the taper ,,right ?? .

smoke'm if ya' got'm ,, Hootmix walmart survey .

It bulges on both sides. Yea the tie is tapering too fast.

Regards,
Kasey.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 05:48:18 PM »

You need to send the die BACK with a Sample Example bulged case.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:02:20 PM »

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 06:42:47 PM »
 Sorry guy's ,, getting ready for " turky day ",,Mr. Coffin,, did send the dies & a dummy round back to LEE,, talked to " Peter " took care of the problem shipped back ,, NO Chg. I'v had good luck w/ my LEE products.

Kasey00 ,, I also bought a new set of Lyman's ,, I use the LEE's to resize 45-70 Starline brass down to 40-60's and load w/ the Lyman,, so far win-win ,, thank ya'll for holler'n back.

smoke'm if ya' got'm ,, Hootmix.           

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com