Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 12, 2018, 05:42:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks (Moderators: Delmonico, Pitspitr)  |  Topic: SAW reenacting event pictures. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SAW reenacting event pictures.  (Read 867 times)
Doc Jackson
Very Active Citizen

Department of the Atlantic, GAF #876

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:11 pm »

Well, that and the fact that almost all of my milsurps are full length rifles.

Not always though, the 2nd Cavalry reported to Fort Phil Kearny in 1866 armed with a mixture of M1861 Springfields and Starr Carbines. I though that was neat.
Pitspitr
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2018, 06:01:54 am »

I guess that's one reason I never considered doing a cavalry impression-my size would have disqualified me from cavalry, even in my "younger, fitter" days I was probably 50lb too heavy. Well, that and the fact that almost all of my milsurps are full length rifles.

For me you could add to the list "Doesn't like horses"  Grin

I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA RSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Endowment Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life
1961MJS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2018, 12:50:37 pm »

Hi

I have NO DESIRE to be in the cavalry, but "a large one" I ended up with a Sharps Carbine and a Krag Carbine, therefore I wear yaller stuff. 

On the subject of old fat guys reenacting, scrawny 18 year olds ain't got $2000 minimum disposable income to buy our toys.  It's only 50 year old fat guys who's scrawny 20 year olds finally left the house that have disposable income. 

Back in the 1980's I was in a Rebel group in Wichita, John Beck said that there were some Rebels back East that actually went to the trouble of starving themselves from say January until the summer campaigns.  They also didn't wash for a week or so before the events so they'd smell authentic.

Not volunteering....

Later

Mike
GAF #797
Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 02:43:23 pm »

Back in the day, there were FARBS, Mainstreamers & hardcore ....  may still be called that  Undecided

I was very good mainstreamer... Kit wise ....  Wink  Horse & rider .... course both the horse & rider were... um.... not famished as it were !  

Of course, if we had weeded out all the plus size combatants,  you had maybe doz. show up !

The 125th, 130, and 150th national events had many thousands !  near 10,000 @ the 150th Gettysburg !

when planets align...do the deal !
Niederlander
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2018, 05:25:55 am »

In my case, I realized early on the Cavalry didn't have a lot of Clydesdales to carry me.....Infantry it is!

"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks (Moderators: Delmonico, Pitspitr)  |  Topic: SAW reenacting event pictures. « previous next »
Jump to: