Author Topic: For your reading enjoyment - Skeeter Skelton  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
For your reading enjoyment - Skeeter Skelton
« on: September 09, 2018, 06:27:15 PM »
Greetings All,
Not specifically relevant to USFA, but enjoyable all the same, is this link to many articles written by my all time favorite gun writer, Skeeter Skelton. If nothing else, Skeeter knew his way around a SAA and I am sure, had he lived long enough, that he would have loved our USFA's as well.
CJF
http://www.darkcanyon.net/skeeter_skelton.htm
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Bibbyman

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 99098
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: For your reading enjoyment - Skeeter Skelton
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 07:56:15 PM »
I have a few of his books and enjoyed his writing in Sixguns (I think?).  Many years ago I attended an NRA convention in Orlando.  Elmer Keith's son had a booth there promoting his dad's books. Elmer had recently passed away.  I spoke with him a bit.  Not far away j spotted Sketter talking business with some guy.  I staid close in case I got a chance to say hi and shake his hand. But his business continued on and was more important than meeting me so I moved on.

Skeeter wrote a couple of children's books or stories based on his childhood.  They were titled something like Me and Joe.  They were reminiscent of the Huckleberry Finn Tom Sawyer books but a hundred years later and in Texas. I've lost track of what book he included the stories in.

Offline Lou Nick

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 08:09:06 PM »
Good Info., Thanks for posting, good work Capt.  :)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:09:51 AM »

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:37:44 AM »
Thanks Capt'n. Skelton's brief description of the life of Jeff Milton was particularly enjoyable as Milton has long been my favorite Western lawman and historic character.

Dave

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1194
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 12:45:17 AM »
Capt., thank you for the link.  I saved it and will peruse the articles as time permits.

I met Bart Skelton at Shotshow '04.  Guns and Ammo online posted a shot of me showing him a Wyatt Earp Buntline.

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 07:07:49 PM »
Back in the 80's, when the NRA held their convention in Seattle, I had the pleasure of meeting, and talking to at some length, Skeeter Skelton.  He was a very warm, personable man and we connected because he was, at heart, a law enforcement officer and I was a Seattle Police officer.  Told him that the only reason I subscribed to Shooting Times magazine was because of his column.  He pointed out ST's editor in the crowd and asked me to, "please tell that to him."  I did!

You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com