Author Topic: Yippie Sept is saved  (Read 45202 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Yippie Sept is saved
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2018, 01:49:20 PM »
Found out you were an Admiral...Huh ? 

Read the news story I posted.  Had to identify bthe victum of a car crash.

Yeah he was in the ambulance looking rough.  Don't think the poor boy was buckled in.

Guess yelling at them to get the fork out of my store scared  them.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2018, 04:26:49 PM »
good on ya ! ....  ;)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2018, 06:56:43 AM »
Morning ya’ll coffee is up....

TK is that your final annswer? Not a trick
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 06:10:19 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2018, 07:02:06 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 60 and overcast. "Cooler. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs in the lower 70s. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2018, 10:28:44 AM »
Google not allowed. 
Q: how many degrees from 0 is on a compass is it back around to North?

This one had to pull me out of the woodwork.

I’ll have to go with 359.  With North as 0 is you move around the compass you get to 359, and if you continue one more degree you get to 0 again, not 360.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2018, 12:56:36 PM »

I’ll have to go with 359.  With North as 0 is you move around the compass you get to 359, and if you continue one more degree you get to 0 again, not 360.

I’ll fly in a plane you navigate.
Good to see you around here again.  Rusty T
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2018, 12:58:35 PM »

I’ll have to go with 359.  With North as 0 is you move around the compass you get to 359, and if you continue one more degree you get to 0 again, not 360.

Morning ya’ll coffee is up....

TK is that your final annswer? Not a trick

I mean, we could call it 2π, but 360 is what they teach in school.  Also, it's how we do it in aviation.  We fly a heading of 360, not 0.
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2018, 01:15:35 PM »
I mean, we could call it 2π, but 360 is what they teach in school.  Also, it's how we do it in aviation.  We fly a heading of 360, not 0.

Just counting the marks on a compass. Only 259... magnetic north is zero?  360 maybe where bernuda triangle starts
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »
0 will take you to to that Earhart lady. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2018, 02:54:12 PM »

Just counting the marks on a compass. Only 259... magnetic north is zero?  360 maybe where bernuda triangle starts

There may be 359 marks, but there are still 360 degrees. 
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2018, 03:56:13 PM »
Actually 1-360 would be 360, if 0 had  mark it would be 361.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2018, 08:12:18 PM »
Too much math for me.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2018, 08:27:42 PM »

Slim

I know how to navigate with one, never had to do it.  We just go to the top of the hill and look for the land marks like water tower. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2018, 06:20:40 AM »

Slim

Loll

Morning - got coffee brewing.

I have a hearing at State unemployment office this morning. I dred the drive into Birmingham.
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2018, 07:13:32 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 60 and overcast. "Humid. Showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning  then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 70s. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent."

Slim

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2018, 10:24:24 AM »
Trinity is right when it comes to flight navigation True North is considered 360 not 0.  When I got my Private pilot’s license back in the days before computers took over the instrument panel (1971), it was common practice to set your Directional Gyro to a heading matching the runway number.  27 was True West, 18 was True South, 36 was True North.  This meant your direction of flight could be off by plus or minus 10 degrees.  Even then in all the years I’ve flown, I’ve never gotten lost.

Trinity, enjoy your flight training!  There’s nothing like the feeling of freedom that flying brings to you. 
PS let us know how your instructor lets you know it’s time for you to do a few take offs and landings on your own.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2018, 11:16:31 AM »
Trinity is right when it comes to flight navigation True North is considered 360 not 0.  When I got my Private pilot’s license back in the days before computers took over the instrument panel (1971), it was common practice to set your Directional Gyro to a heading matching the runway number.  27 was True West, 18 was True South, 36 was True North.  This meant your direction of flight could be off by plus or minus 10 degrees.  Even then in all the years I’ve flown, I’ve never gotten lost.

Trinity, enjoy your flight training!  There’s nothing like the feeling of freedom that flying brings to you. 
PS let us know how your instructor lets you know it’s time for you to do a few take offs and landings on your own.

I'd wondered how many other pilots were on here. :). My first solo is supposed to be in mid to late October, but that depends on weather and fleet maintenance.  The school has 5 planes that I'm able to fly (we fly Piper Archers), but they've all been having maintenance issues.  One had a broken propeller, and another a broken piston.  Then another had the flaps way oversped (max flaps is 102kn.  The pilot deployed full flaps at 130kn), so it's down for two weeks.   
I'm scheduled to fly later this afternoon, but weather isn't looking like it wants to cooperate.  On the note...

We're currently sitting at 45 degrees, with 12mph winds and low clouds/rain.  We were forecast for some of the "white stuff" last night, but they changed their minds around 8 o'clock.  So we just had 38 and rainy all night.

--TK

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2018, 12:32:36 PM »
That is typical weather there in the fall. Could be 100 and sunny tomorrow. 
Mathew 5.9

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2018, 01:32:17 PM »
I'd wondered how many other pilots were on here. :). My first solo is supposed to be in mid to late October, but that depends on weather and fleet maintenance.  The school has 5 planes that I'm able to fly (we fly Piper Archers), but they've all been having maintenance issues.  One had a broken propeller, and another a broken piston.  Then another had the flaps way oversped (max flaps is 102kn.  The pilot deployed full flaps at 130kn), so it's down for two weeks.   
I'm scheduled to fly later this afternoon, but weather isn't looking like it wants to cooperate.  On the note...

We're currently sitting at 45 degrees, with 12mph winds and low clouds/rain.  We were forecast for some of the "white stuff" last night, but they changed their minds around 8 o'clock.  So we just had 38 and rainy all night.

--TK

I started in October of 1970, soloed in December of ’70 and got my certificate in March of ’71.  All right through the middle of a Wisconsin Winter.

My solo was after about 8 landings, and the last was high and kind of fast, so I side slipped and put it down on the numbers.  That’s when my instructor asked for my medical, signed it and said he couldn’t take anymore landings like that and I should go do three on my own.  He got out and I taxied back to the end of the runway and took off.  Then I looked at the seat next to me and realized this was it, I had to do this on my own!   Did my three landings and survived, so I decided I could make it all the way.

By the way we were flying Piper 140’s.  The sign above the office entrance said “This is a Cherokee Reservation.  What tribe are you flying with?”
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2018, 01:29:28 AM »
I'll stir up some fire.

Didn't end up flying today.  Got out and started the airplane, then taxied to the run up area and saw the big cloud with flashes inside it had turned unexpectedly and was going to be dead center over the airport, so we called the flight off.  We had just finished hangaring the fleet when they grounded the entire airport because NOAA had issued a tornado watch advisory.
I drove off to the edge of town to watch the storm, and half way to my destination got hit by a microburst.  I was driving 70 when it hit, and the wind was at my back, and the rain was passing me.  I'd guess it was  blowing 100mph.   I asked about it at the airport later, and they had gusts of 50, sustained at 30 with dime size hail.  Fortunately I avoided nature's claymore.

Have a party tomorrow for one of the flight instructors.  He be up enough hours to get picked up by an airline (American Eagle, I think).  So that should be fun.

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com