Author Topic: 28" Barrels on a CZ?  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
28" Barrels on a CZ?
« on: August 24, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »
I'll be the first one to admit my memory isn't what it used to be. Heck, I can't remember what it used to be (LOL).

But, I would swear I remember CZ offering a 28" barreled version of their 12ga Hammer Double. I can't find anything about it anywhere so I'm beginning to doubt my own recollection. Anyone else remember a long barrel hammer gun from them or am I nuts? (smile)

Dave

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 28" Barrels on a CZ?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 06:32:27 PM »
Yes I believe I wanted one also. That was a while back as I recall.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 09:09:20 PM »
Galloway,

I've searched all the usual suspects (GB, etc.) and have not come up with one. I wonder if they advertised it for a while but never produced  them, or if they did actually make them the sales were so bad they dropped them from the line.

I'd like to come across a used one but it seems like the chances of that are pretty slim.. To bad as I think that kind of double barrel hammer gun has a lot of potential.

Dave

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:39:01 AM »

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 06:15:41 AM »
I agree, and I never saw one in person but I remember admiring one on the website. I got a 26'' cimarron 78 from a run they did back then but originals were 28,30, and 32'' so I've always wanted something longer. Theres a serious lack of options in this this sport regarding the most common gun of our beloved era imo. I wish cimarron would do another run with 32s this time i'd buy 2 in a heartbeat!! I did look at a coachgun from cz back then and it was beautiful.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 08:07:14 AM »

I seem to remember, back a ways, (don't quote me, I can't remember breakfast yesterday) I remember both Cimarron and CZ offering their Hammer Doubles with a longer set of barrels.  Either 26 or 28 inches.  Don't remember which (see ... Memory shot) but there definitely were longer barrels offered.

Problem.  Limited Market.  Actually, almost no market.  To produce something, in a quantity sufficient to produce profit, gotta have a market.  Two or Three fans does not a market make.  So, if an importer doesn't initially order sufficient quantity for a profitable run, there is no production.  We saw the longer barrel Cimarron once.  Just once.  Not enough sales activity to justify doing it twice.  Oh well.

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 09:44:28 AM »
At one point there was a man in Southlake, Texas that had the Huglu franchise for the United States.  He imported several variations of their hammer gun from 20 up to 28 and all varities of side by side thru semi auto.  When CZ started selling Huglu guns under their brand the guy in Southlake got forced out of the double gun business and CZ slowed/stopped the importation of hammer guns.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »
While Cimarron is currently out of the hammer guns, I know they have a large order in, including 250 with the 26" barrels.  I would be dubious of a longer barrel coming from them, but you never know!  Sometimes the factory sends samples of this or that (one was a brass percussion duckfoot  ;D )

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 04:59:54 PM »

Of course, we now have the problem of what our wondrous all knowing fearless leader is going to do to our imports with his "Trade War." Maybe we get some more Hammer Doubles, maybe we don't  :o

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 08:56:21 PM »
Coffinmaker, just couldn't help yourself I guess. Never miss a chance to bash Trump. Just think we could have had Hillary.

And back to the original topic, I found a 30 CZ hammer gun on Guns International. Tried to copy the link for you folks but for some reason it wouldn't carry over to this forum. Don't know why but if you look you might find it. I just bought an expensive gun so I can't afford the CZ right now.

Dave

Offline Bibbyman

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 99098
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 08:57:05 AM »
Buds Guns says they have less than 12.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/89901/redirect

But I suspect we're looking at the same inventory on a spider network.

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 03:31:25 PM »
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline grey ghost 99

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 07:50:23 PM »
A buddy bought one off of academy sports website last month. 26 or 28 I dont remember which. I tried to and it wasnt on there anymore. They checked and their website is a direct link to sports south and when they are out of stock they get pulled. He told me they will be back when  Instock.

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 08:47:20 PM »
According to my LGS he can get 20" & 30".  He has a used 30" for 695.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2018, 02:34:33 PM »
Joe,

Will your local shot ship out of state? If so do you have contact info?

Dave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com