Author Topic: IMPORTANT READ  (Read 2013 times)

Derby Younger

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: IMPORTANT READ
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 03:16:18 PM »
Derby,

Thanks for posting the link.  I was getting ready to do the same when I saw yours.

Folks, thankfully we don't seem to have the problems in The Barracks the Marshal is addressing, but that doesn't mean they are of any less concern to each and every one of us.

I urge you to read what the Marshal has posted, think on it, and support the Marshal in his quest to bring CAS back to the glory it once was.  I think we, in GAF, have tried to do so with the GAF Muster, but we are only a very small part of the game. 

At the SASS Convention this week, I watched the Classic Cowboys and B-Western Silver-Screen cowboys walk around in their duds, knowing they put a lot of work and effort into getting the look just right.  More importantly, I was reminded of sitting in front of an old B&W TV on Saturday morning, or maybe in the evenings, watching my heroes - Wyatt Earp, Sky King, the Texas Rangers, Roy Rogers, Marshal Dillon, Maverick, the Cartwrights, and many, many others.  If not for them, CAS would probably not have been invented and we wouldn't be having so much fun.

I learned the Cowboy Way from them, the Duke, and Louis L'Amour.  I try to keep to that code even though I work in a concrete building in a heavily built-up urban area with many who have never even thought of wearing a cowboy hat or boots. 

All of us need to be ambassadors not only of the GAF, but demonstrate the Cowboy Way in every aspect of CAS, be it on the line, doiong our bit to help out the posse, or welcoming, mentoring and nurturing new members.

US Scout
Bvt Col of Marines
GAF Chief of Staff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com