Author Topic: New Remington Conversion- Making my first Cylinder  (Read 7687 times)

Offline Tinker Pearce

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Remington Conversion- Making my first Cylinder
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 02:38:01 AM »
Well, this project has gone a bit sideways. The hand has started slipping on one of the ratchet notches, so the corresponding cylinder isn't locking up tightly. It turns out the slot for the hand is exceptionally wide and the retaining screw is not as tight a fit as one would like, so the hand is slipping sideways just enough to disengage from that particular tooth. I've fussed with it but cannot get it to work reliably, so I will be fabricating a new, thicker hand that cannot move so much in the slot.  This ought to solve the issue.

In the meantime I can still test the cylinder- it fits and functions perfectly in my .44 Colt conversion, 'The Dandy.'  I've checked and the chambers line up very nicely.

Who knows? Maybe the cylinder will have a new home and I'll fit the .44 Colt conversion to this gun once the hand is replaced.

Offline Tinker Pearce

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 11:17:22 PM »

First cylinder through the gun at 7 yards. 6-o'clock hold. Pretty sure I am the one pulling them to the left...

Again at seven yards, six-o'clock hold, two cylinders full, this time at a rate of around 1 shot per second.
The cylinder performed exactly as it should- I'm really pleased with my first attempt at this!

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 11:40:27 PM »
Well, that's plunking them in there. looks good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:59:07 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com