Author Topic: Here's coffee, tea and Independence.  (Read 47173 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Here's coffee, tea and Independence.
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 03:15:31 PM »
Afternoon all.

Spent my morning doing more fire proofing of the yard.  Cutting long grass, removing low hanging limbs, things of that sort.  Got a truck load of dead grass and branches to take to the dump later.

Got my Lee press in the mail today.  I'm about to size and deprime some 280 and 223.  I'd go all the way with it, but I don't have the right components.  No 7mm bullets, large rifle primers, or right powder.  All I got is Unique.

Sounds like a good deal on the Marlin.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2018, 06:05:23 PM »
Still want to know why the coach was dumb enough to take them in.

I love caves and caverens... i guess it is on the same thought of why does one want to jump out if a perfectly good airplane? 

Had bbq from Moe’s today...
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2018, 06:10:34 PM »
what Lee press did you get TK ?

had Chili Dogs for Supper.... ( no Beans ! )  chopped onions .... and 4 TUMS  ;) for desert
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 06:01:19 PM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2018, 07:37:06 PM »
what Lee press did you get TK ?

had Chili Dogs for Supper.... ( no Beans ! )  chopped onions .... and 4 TUMS  ;) for desert

I got their Hand Press.  It doesn't require being bolted to anything, an is about the size of a stapler.  It also came in a set with case lube and a powder funnel... Why those two items instead of something else (like a hand primer or a case trimmer) I don't know.  But, for $60, I won't complain.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2018, 07:55:01 PM »
Evening Y'all, I'm still not getting notified on new messages here. I just got back fro a 3 day shoot in Pa, It rained on the way there, But stopped just before I arrived, rest of the weekend was mid 70's to low 80's sunny and low humidity. I shot poorly ending up with 8 misses and a "P". But I got to shoot with a couple World Champions from EOY that are friends of mine. All in all it was a great weekend. Y'all be good.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2018, 01:15:08 AM »

I love caves and caverens... i guess it is on the same thought of why does one want to jump out if a perfectly good airplane? 

Had bbq from Moe’s today...

Sources I heard says they went past signs telling them not to go further due to dangers of flooding due to the rainy season.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2018, 01:18:58 AM »
Well, I have learned one thing.  So long as I have this hand press i will never need a gym. I sized 160 Wolf 223 cases.  It was... Rough. Tomorrow I've got a city trip, so I'll pick up some components for other calibers.

--TK

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2018, 05:55:20 AM »
Does Wolf make brass cases? I thought they only made steel (and berdan primers). 160 steel cases would indeed be a workout.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2018, 07:04:30 AM »
Does Wolf make brass cases? I thought they only made steel (and berdan primers). 160 steel cases would indeed be a workout.

Besides not safe to reload?
I agree about work out- now you know why there was case lube in package.

Morning Coffee is up.

Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2018, 12:38:41 PM »
Sources I heard says they went past signs telling them not to go further due to dangers of flooding due to the rainy season.

Have you read those signs? Lol
Sign to left says either guerrilla fighters may hail bullets or motars on you or the monsoon rains will cause your jeeps to wash away.  Our president said no soldiers were in Laos and Cambodia.  He didn’t mention Airmen or Air America 

Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2018, 12:51:44 PM »
Btw local Harware store got in .22 rat/snake shoot loads. First in 3 years. He is trying to get it in .38 now.  Local stores are awesome- i needed a #6 torx tip- to replace the pocket clip on my Kershaw Oso Sweet folder. No questions ask they sent the part out in about 10 days total. Up to me to change it. My set i use for guns only went to #9.  He did not have one. But took one out of his personal set $.50. He said he’d order one or two.
I offered to bring it back to him. He said, no he had never needed it before now.
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2018, 02:29:42 PM »

It's Wolf Gold, which is 223 is brass case.  I think they get it from S&B or PPV.

--TK

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »
It's Wolf Gold, which is 223 is brass case.  I think they get it from S&B or PPV.

--TK

The young whipper snapper learned us something

Wolf Gold 223 Remington Ammo 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket
Target Sports USA › wolf-gold-223-remi...
This is the real deal, lowest priced 223 Remington ammo on the market made by Wolf Gold. Wolf Gold 223 Remington ammo features a 55 Grain FMJ bullet, brass casing and a non-corrosive primer. ... Wolf Gold 223 ammo is new production manufactured in Taiwan to M193 Specs using a 55 grain ...
Ammo
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2018, 07:45:30 PM »
Afternoon all.

Just got back from a city trip.  Went well enough.  Got groceries and some reloading stuff.  Made a stop at the gun shop, and it looks like aSig 229 .40 might be joining my collection in exchange for a rifle.  We'll see.

--TK

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2018, 10:01:59 PM »

The young whipper snapper learned us something

Lots of "new and different" stuff it seems. I recently got into shooting 9mm and have learned:
Blazer doesn't just make aluminum cased ammo.

Federal does offer aluminum.

Winchester offers steel cased ammo(if you don't want steel, don't buy the brown cardboard military looking box"

Seems stuff changes over many years of only shooting what you reloaded, from your own long time hoard of components.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2018, 06:48:59 AM »
Another day in the south. 94% humidity 78 degrees for a starter.

Coffee is ready if you like. Water is the smart choice.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2018, 07:16:08 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 65 and overcast. "Very warm and humid. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning. Highs in the upper 80s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent. Heat indices to 95."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2018, 01:20:09 PM »
Morning all.

85, headed for 104.  No clouds in the sky, not there calling for lightening up in the higher elevations.

Another city trip today.  My mom has a meeting with the church ladies to straighten out the final details of the vacation Bible School the Church is doing next week.  I'm taking along so I can visit a couple more gun shops.  The fellow selling that Sig I mentioned earlier also has a S&W 686-3 that he's selling, and that has piqued my interest.

--TK

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2018, 10:04:45 PM »
Evening all.

We hit 112 today.  That was too hot.  It got to 108 down in the city, one of those weird days where it was hotter in the mountains than the valley.

No dice on the Sig today.  I did sell my Ruger 5.56, though.  I got a little less than I wanted for it, but I have a little cash out of it.  I think I might get one of those Tupperware guns.  Glock 19, just because I have a bunch of 9mm.

--TK

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2018, 07:05:59 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 72 and overcast. "Very warm and humid. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Heat indices to 96."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com