Author Topic: Type 1 1866 repro?  (Read 1992 times)

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Type 1 1866 repro?
« on: June 21, 2018, 06:25:31 AM »
I was think and wanting (boy do i want a lot of cool things from this forum.) a type I 1866 carbine. I know Taylors has them engraved ones, but Im not really into engraving. I also know that cas shooters and general interest in 19th century firearms isn't the hot thing in the firearms world. But does anyone here think it would be sweet if Taylors or Cimarron decided to make some type I '66 carbines that aren't engraved special editions? I know that there isn't much difference between the type VI's everyone has and the type I '66s, mainly just Henry hump, and most people wont give a hoot from a distance. But wouldn't be nice if they did? Uberti made the special run and I know that'll most likely be it. (I already bugged the people at Taylors about it.) But knowing Uberti can, would be nice if they made some more. any one else think the same?

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
Re: Type 1 1866 repro?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 06:40:09 PM »
I agree, it would be cool.  I think the closet we will ever get is the few "Transitional" Henry rifles they made.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:14:46 PM »

Velly Interestink (Stolen famous TV Series line).  I do seriously think it ain't about to happen anytime soon.  There has been too great a drop in the market.  Insufficient sales potential for really limited interest item.  For Uberti to do a "run" there has to be a confirmed order for "X" number of guns.  Last time Taylors went for that (the Henry Transitional) it took them forever to sell out.

I was actually unaware Taylors even had a limited number of Type 1 1866s.  Velly InterestinK (Same stolen line).

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:54:35 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com