Author Topic: Astra 600 holster compatibility--help!  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
Astra 600 holster compatibility--help!
« on: May 12, 2018, 08:41:35 AM »
Gentlemen, Since you failed to talk me out of an Astra 600 I now need a holster. I'm reading on the web that the Astra will fit in a luger or p38 (military?) holster. I'm wondering if I can get a verification by a Zoot shooter who has an Astra and a couple of holsters to try. Elpaso Saddlery has a really good looking luger holster that if it would work I might get. I would want it with a 3/4 flap and a crossdraw. They don't make anything for the Astra, go figure. Thanks
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Astra 600 holster compatibility--help!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 02:13:05 PM »
Have you tried it in an ordinary SAA holster? I've been known to carry a 1911 in the same holster I got for a 4 3/4 Ruger Blackhawk. For the 1911, just have to adjust the length of the hammer thong.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »
According to ups tracking it should arrive Monday. When I get it I'll try it in all my holsters and see what works, if anything. I've got some old non military flap holsters that I would whittle on to get one to fit. The Astra certainly has a unique profile.

5-17 today I go and get my Astra, the extra mag came yesterday. Need to hit Wally World for some white box 9mm. Range report tomorrow weather permitting.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:36:28 PM »

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 03:44:32 PM »
Finally picked up my Astra 600 yesterday. Took it apart somewhat last night and it IS a little tricky but I didn't loose any parts and put it right back together. Whew. This afternoon the rain stopped for a few minutes so I put 30 rds on my cas steel from the deck. I really like this pistol a lot !! Recoil was not bad (duelist) with the lead bullet remanufactured ultramax loads from midway.  It does shoot high though and the sights are small but no worse than my 1911 Colt that I use. Both mags worked fine. When the sun reappears I'll put some rds on paper. We are shooting WB this month so I won't be able to use it in our club match just yet.

Almost forgot what I wanted to say. The Astra 600 fits a little loose but works fine in a 1911 GI flap holster. I'm rebuilding a messed up 1911 holster as I type. I'm going to line it with suede and put a totally different belt loop on it to make it into a crossdraw.

Just put 10 rds of wwb through it. The wwb has a little more umph and seems to hit closer to poa so I can aim center of steel.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1155
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 04:08:06 PM »
Almost forgot what I wanted to say. The Astra 600 fits a little loose but works fine in a 1911 GI flap holster. I'm rebuilding a messed up 1911 holster as I type. I'm going to line it with suede and put a totally different belt loop on it to make it into a crossdraw.

My Dear Ed -
Earlier I had unleashed my google fu on your behalf and came up pathetically empty. Not even any custom builders advertise the A-600.

If another (cheap) holster is close, I myself have been known to careful cut all the threads and rebuild to fit, so
there you are Ed, sounds like my sort of plan.

good luck
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 10:27:24 PM »
Good luck finding a holster for your spud gun.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Astra 600 holster compatibility--help
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 01:19:33 PM »
You are right about the rarity of holeters, other than 1950s style police holsters for the Astra. What's a Zooter Shooter to do but build his own. I modified an old 1911 gi flap holster and into a crossdraw too. The Astra fit the 1911 holster but was way loose, now it's a tight fit. The belt loop is a tight fit on my foragers belt too. I moved the brass pin lower and lowered the flap but kept the embossed US. I had thought about lining it but that was too much work as ratty as the holster was. I haven't figured out what to do with the old brass pin hole, if anything.

I also fished an old aftermarket 1911 leather dress officers flap mag pouch out of my junk drawer. The brown holster and pouch match pretty close. It also has an embossed US on the flap. The Astra mags fit it fine. I did have to remove the top two copper rivets to get it on my forager belt. Need one more mag to complete my Astra project. Got a bid in on one now.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Border Ruffian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 03:34:06 PM »
Very nice job! 
http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/  A place for Classic Firearms

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com