Author Topic: Finely and At Last  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Finely and At Last
« on: May 06, 2018, 01:00:24 PM »

Yesterday was "THE DAY"  Actually, yesterday, was almost PERFECT.  Was the first shooting day of this season when it was warm enough and dry enough for me to get out and shoot a match.  MARVELOUS!!  Was absolutely MARVELOUS.  Decided to run my Pietta .36 1861s.

We did, unfortunately, suffer from a visitation.  We were visited by The Three Blind Mice.  Some folks, no matter their education level, should be allowed to spot for BP shooters.  Expecial BP shooters whom are shooting .36s.  DO NOT stand directly behind the BP shooter.  Neither of you can see anything.  Anyway, even with The Blind, The Halt and The Lame in attendance, we had a great Match.  We even decided to pardon the guy who wrote the stage with TWO reloads.  A Rifle reload AND a Pistol reload.  I actually had several shooters sneak up on the side to see what I was going to do for a "Reload."  Was fun.

Can't hardly wait to do it again.  YEPPER

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Finely and At Last
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:56 AM »
Good on you Coffinfiller.

It's good to get the season of and running with a good start.

Hold center!

DD-MDA
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 09:55:29 AM »
Back in the dark ages when I was shooting CAS with black powder in Southern Arizona, I remember that the advent of the monsoon season, with its increased humidity, made the BP smoke denser or at least more visible. When there was little or no breeze to clear it away I aim for the middle of the grey white cloud that formed between me and the targets. If I got a hit my full power 45 Colt loads left no doubt and if I missed it was great fun anyway. (smile)

Dave

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:18:58 AM »

Offline Bunk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:10:09 PM »
My idea for training the three blind mice is to bring a spare gun loaded with two rounds and before you start the stage call the mice in and demonstrate by firing one round into the dirt and explain “That is a miss” then fire the next round into a target and explain “That is a hit” any questions?
I probably be a stage or match DQ, but damn it would be worth just for the fun. Then you could spend the rest of the match laughing.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »

::)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com