Author Topic: Rugers? was -re: Advice to the New CAS Shooter  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Boots

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Rugers? was -re: Advice to the New CAS Shooter
« on: June 30, 2004, 11:27:31 PM »
Thanks!!    You folks hit the nail on the head.  I haven't gone to any events because I have very little gear.

Ya'll just changed that for me!

I got a question for the regular shooters, I have been dying to buy one of the new Ruger vaqueros.  Are they all they look like?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Advice to the New CAS Shooter
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 09:20:13 AM »
...I got a question for the regular shooters, I have been dying to buy one of the new Ruger vaqueros.  Are they all they look like?
Please elaborate.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline L.G.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Advice to the New CAS Shooter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 10:59:52 AM »
The Rugers are tanks, they will take nearly all the abuse you can throw at them and keep on shooting.  They are a little heavier and have thicker grips than other pistols out there, but that isn't always a bad thing.
SASS #48097
NRA #2008175
Gateway Shootist Society
Member of The Torque and Recoil Club
WartHog
B.O.S.S. #19
RATS #130
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/Slingshot383

Advertising

Re: Rugers? was -re: Advice to the New CAS Shooter
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:52:37 PM »

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 04:45:03 PM »
They are a lot of gun for the money. But I guess the key is to shoot what feels natural in your hand.

I've been shooting RV and they are just a wee bit too large for my paws so I'm looking to move to a Colt or clone in the near future.
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 12:29:12 PM »
Ruger makes fine handguns, either single action, double action, or semi-autos.  I have the Ruger P Models as a Cop and couldnt ask for a better weapon.  The Ruger Black Hawks and Vaqueros are fine weapons. I have shot both Models in CAS and they have functioned flawlessly.  I would highly recommend a Ruger handgun of any type. :) ;) 8)
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Marauder

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Marauder's Old West Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 12:36:05 PM »
Ruger makes one of the best pistols for this game and I believe the very best for the cost.  They work very well for the top shooters as well as all the rest of us.

The only drawback is if you have smaller hands, you will want to change the grip panels to a thinner grip.  (That's what I've done using Gunfighter grips.)

The are the most rugged pistol.  (A few others are about as rugged, but cost much more.) 

Offline Irish Red O'Toole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 10:41:34 AM »
Like everyone else is saying, Rugers are tanks.  They take alickin' and keep on tickin'.  The pair I got when I started didn't have any work done on 'em for almost a year.  Unless you count the Ajax fake Buffalo Grips I put on 'em.  Sliver guns with black grips joust look right, don't they.  Recently, I just had the spring replaced with lighter ones.  All I had done.  Probably all I will have done too.

All that revese spin pawl, half-cock notch, titanium floogle-breeemer stuff isn't required.  Heck, what I did wasn't required.  Hope that helps.

Offline doc

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 09:33:04 PM »
I got 2 RVs for the price of 1 Cimmaron or like gun. I paid 375 for each. 1 gun I got new and 1 was used which I do not mind. Both are 45 Colt and have very little recoil
You're damn right I'll risk it. They're breakin the law.
Vet, Police Officer and Deputy Wildlife Conservation Officer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com