Author Topic: Buffalo Bills Birthday  (Read 3477 times)

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
Buffalo Bills Birthday
« on: February 25, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »
I spent the afternoon at the Buffalo Bill museum in Leclaire. They have an open house every year
to celebrate Cody's birthday. I set up a table and took a few guns including Lucrecia Borgia, as our
local Buffalo Bill impersonator was there. we posed for many pictures in our buckskin, including all
4 local TV stations. I did several/many talks explaining the old guns. I also handed out a stack of
flyers for the upcoming convention, we have many local history buffs that really love our convention.
They never heard of NCOWS until we had the convention here. Can we pass last years 330 walkins?
Let's do it!!!!! I'm fired up.
                                  BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: Buffalo Bills Birthday
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 12:58:27 PM »
Attached is a picture of Beartooth Billy with Buffalo Bill taken at the Buffalo Bill museum in LeClaire, Iowa. The young lady in the picture wants to get into Cowboy Action Shooting.

Here is a link to the Buffalo Bill Museum's website: http://buffalobillmuseumleclaire.com/

If you are attending the 2018 NCOWS Convention the Buffalo Bill museum is less than a half hour drive from the Radisson Quad City Plaza in Davenport, Iowa.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1181
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 04:25:17 PM »
Very cool!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:26:18 AM »

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 04:54:43 PM »
If you like Wild Bill you've got to go to Cody, Wyoming. Shot the Wyoming State SASS Match there years ago and had a blast. The museum is super, went through it a couple of times, ate at The Irma a bunch. While my wife played the slots at the Holiday Inn I wandered all over Cody. We did the walk from the town park to the Irma for out photo. Story that was told to me of a couple of vacationers who were concerned about all the guns folks were wearing were watching the very well heeled, period dressed cowboys and cowgirls gather in the park and seeing a couple of town cops approaching. They kept waiting for the cops to tell the folks to put up their guns, instead they ran the skate boarder out of the park. "An armed society is a polite society." A great trip.
PS. we went to Yellowstone too.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Pitspitr

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 10:14:02 PM »
If you like Wild Bill you've got to go to Cody, Wyoming. Shot the Wyoming State SASS Match there years ago and had a blast. The museum is super, went through it a couple of times, ate at The Irma a bunch.
+1 And don't forget the prime rib buffet at the Irma. It was fabulous!
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 09:45:08 AM »
On my annual trips to Sturgis, sometimes I would visit Yellowstone National Park. I'd always make it a point to visit the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody, Wyoming. Here the link to a slide show of the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody taken in 2009:
http://s278.photobucket.com/user/jvsaffran/slideshow/Buffalo%20Bill%20Museum%20Cody%20WY?sort=2

As I remember, there are somewhere around 10,000 Firearms in the Cody museum. Imagine what the value of that collection is.

I've also visited the Buffalo Bill Museum in LeClaire, Iowa.  They have some interesting exhibits. It's definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline ira scott

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • AKA: Broken Nose Scotty
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »
John Hoker, you are a fine ambassador for our sport(pastime?), even though I am a little angry you apparently stole Lucrecia   Borgia from the Cody Museum! (did you find the stock?) It is an amazing museum, be forewarned that even an understanding wife who shoots and hunts will get bored looking at guns in the Cody Museum.
It is far better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

Offline Pitspitr

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 06:15:08 AM »
be forewarned that even an understanding wife who shoots and hunts will get bored looking at guns in the Cody Museum.
Surprisingly my wife (who doesn't shoot or hunt) didn't get bored. In fact she looks back on the museum at Cody as one of the highlights of the trip.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline ira scott

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • AKA: Broken Nose Scotty
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 02:47:00 PM »
As clarification, Miss Theresa didn't get bored with the museum as a whole, only the firearms museum, The three other "museums in the museum", are wonderful also. She just got overloaded looking at firearms before I did. Anyone who is interested in Buffalo Bill, Native American History, Western Art or firearms can probably spend days in this wonderful facility!

BTB, did you return L.B. yet? I'm sure they've missed her by now!
It is far better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 05:14:33 PM »
Sorry, Scotty, the gun wasn't THE Lucrecia Borgia, but an original 1866 trapdoor Springfield.
Buffalo Bill wasn't THE Buffalo Bill, CPR didn't work, so our local impersonator, who was at our
convention a couple of years ago filled in. But the good news was that Bear Tooth Billy was
THE real McCoy. If that's not good enough, you can give me 50 lashes in a couple weeks ;D ;D

BTB
Born 110 years too late

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com