Author Topic: Excellent solution for stuck nipples  (Read 2244 times)

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Excellent solution for stuck nipples
« on: February 09, 2018, 01:11:20 PM »
I just wanted to give report on a couple products I recently purchased.
1. Ted Cash Percussion Revolver Fixture: https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/7777
2. Chapman Ratcheting Nipple Wrench - Revolver: https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/product/product_id/7511/category_id/586/product_name/NW0204+RATCHET+NIPPLE+WRENCH+REVOLVER

A couple months ago I found an old Gregorelli & Uberti 1851 Navy, datecode XVII for 1961 at a local gun shop. The nipples were stuck. I used these two products and had the nipples out in about 5 minutes. I did not even have to put the fixture in a vice, I just held the fixture and cylinder in one hand and turned the nipple wrench with the other. There was no marring or damage to the cylinder or nipples, nor was there any damage to the fixture or wrench.

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Excellent solution for stuck nipples
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 01:57:40 PM »
Great tips. I have the ratcheting nipple wrench and it is a necessary tool for anyone fooling with these perCUSSIN' revolvers.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 02:25:55 PM »
The Ted Cash Percussion Revolver Fixture has been a big help when dealing with stuck nipples. Pretty much eliminates the need for a padded vice and is portable as well. Neat idea and I probably should buy another, especially at the modest price. Haven't gotten around to getting the Chapman Ratcheting Wrench yet but I have heard a lot of praises about them. Add another thing to the list!
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:59:18 PM »

Offline Lefty Dude

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »
I made my fixture with a small piece of 3/4" ply wood and dowel rods. Drilled the clearance holes for the dowels at the proper spacing, quick and simple. I use it with my drill press for those nasty suckers who have been installed since they came over on the Mayflower.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com