Author Topic: USFA Cowboy description help  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Joel6180

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
USFA Cowboy description help
« on: January 25, 2018, 07:59:24 PM »
Here are some images of a USFA Cowboy I am planning to list for sale soon.  I don't believe this is the normal configuration of a CB pistol, so I was looking for information that would help me with an honest description.  Like what is unusual about this one, do I say "stags" or "antler", etc.  Thanks for any insight.

Offline Joel6180

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: USFA Coyboy description help
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:01:46 PM »
More images:

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 08:38:41 PM »
Your revolver looks to be a former all USA parts Cowboy but it looks to have been converted to a premium SA revolver. I believe all Cowboys models were all dome blue and no CC. Apparently yours has been redone since it now has a CC frame and hammer and of course the original black plastic stocks have been replaced with stag or antler. I do not believe it to now be an original Cowboy model but a nicely converted USFA Cowboy. I do not know if it was changed at the factory or had a custom redo by someone like Turnbull.

Do you have the original box and if so what does the end label say?

Someone more knowledgeable than me should chime in soon.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Advertising

Re: USFA Cowboy description help
« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:36:09 PM »

Offline Joel6180

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 08:50:34 PM »
No box - took a chance on a gunbroker auction with poor images.  The hand spring was broken when it arrived, but after replacing the spring, the gun is a dandy shooter.  I wish I could afford to keep some of these pistols, as I would keep this one.  I feel like I just rent them awhile - but, it is better than never getting to hold one at all.   Thank you for the reply.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 10:35:08 PM »
Really nice six gun Joel.  I'd be the grips are Patrick Grashorn's 2 piece Elk atler.  Nice grips.
All American made gun that has been refinished to a higher standard than a factory Cowboy model.  Likely done after leaving USFA.
Good luck on your sell.

"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Offline Joel6180

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 10:43:57 PM »
Yahoody -the grips were listed as Grasshorn grips when I bought the gun - I think I will simply call them Elk Horn.  There is a smudged stamp on the inside of one grip, but I cannot make out any of the letters - looks like black blotches of ink.  The replaced hand spring came from you, but you probably already knew that.  It fit perfect.  I'm going to shoot it a bit more before I sell it.  Thanks for the message.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com