Author Topic: Godless on Netflix  (Read 8552 times)

Offline G Bulldog Grainisland III

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Godless on Netflix
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 12:13:24 AM »
Started this yesterday, only at the beginning of part 2. Sor far I'm kinda liking it but not burning thru the whole thing on one go.

-Bulldog

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: #810
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 07:28:35 AM »
Sure would like to see it as it looks like a good movie, all of you that have seen it seem to like it. I do not get Netflix, and wonder when it will be on DVD or BluRay? Soon I hope!
Reno

Offline Jeremiah Jones

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3945
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 08:54:42 AM »
I finished watching it last night. Not a bad series. The finale gunfight in Open Range was better but the finale in Godless was better than the end of the Magnificent Seven. Too much happens off camera. Of course the ultimate ' finale' was in The Wild Bunch. I was disappointed that the mine company goons didn't get their just deserts or the newspaper idiot who caused the confrontation. Liked the strong women. I hope that the whole damsal in distress plot lines will end. Don't remember the book but I've always liked what one of R. Heinlein's characters said to his woman about always having her blaster in case he took an arrow in the leg. She could be naked wearing just her rubies but she better have her blaster on her hip. Good advice.( the blaster part).
IIRC that was Rangy Lil from Time Enough For Love.  Don't google Rangy Lil Poem if you are faint of heart.  Lil was a Soiled Dove.  Heinlein made a habit of stealing other peoples characters, filing off the serial numbers and reusing them.  You practically need a play book to get all them in Glory Road.
Scouts Out!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:12:05 AM »

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2018, 11:44:24 AM »
I've always been a lesbian ;D :P
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Shawnee McGrutt

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2018, 01:21:39 PM »
 ??? 
National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com