Author Topic: tula coach gun  (Read 3925 times)

Offline murbas

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
tula coach gun
« on: January 24, 2018, 11:50:59 AM »
can anyone tell me if 400.00 is to much to pay for a like new tula toz-66 12 ga coach gun with exposed  hammers, and 20" barrels? the other gun i have in mind is a brand new tedna c12c 12 ga with dual triggers, internal hammers, and 18.5 " barrels. the tedna is definetly a looker, with all metal except the barrels case color hardened, and really nicely oil rubbed turkish walnut stocks. fyi, the tula is made in russia, and the tedna hails from turkey. any help is greatly appreciated, as i am having a tough choice picking between the two. thanks, mike.    p.s. i really like the looks of the exposed hammers on the tula,  but also like the look  of all the case hardening on the tedna! if only funds were there to buy both!! :-\ ???

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: tula coach gun
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:35:44 PM »
Here's the Skinny ...others may offer a different view

The Tula...is TANK tough , and sprung to match, they will tune and will need some for CAS , they are a good SXS for the $400 , new is about ballpark.
Be sure it is exposed hammers , not exposed cockers , Baikal  made both. 

The Turkish Gun ....They have ( various manufactures ) made a number of Coach Gun styles , and imported under several names...
The issue has always been longevity...imported for short time then dry up....the other issue is seldom if at all was there any Customer service as to spare parts ..as in none were offered or imported....
You almost have to have another same gun if you needed parts .
Need a spring ? your pouched less you have something else that will work  ::)
They are pretty but...if you can't get parts  :-\ NOPE

Frankly, If I were looking, I go for a TTn hammer gun ... Cimarron & EMF has these from time to time .

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 396
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:45:27 PM »
The TOZ66, I have one in field length and used it for CAS, has a reputation for tough springs, and the light birch stocks look a mite pale. They are tough, and if properly regulated have pleased quite a few of our Pards. I don't know the other one, so no comment.`

P.S: Toz66 parts are impossible to get, but simple enough for a gunsmith to duplicate by hand. I like Major2's suggestion about going for a product that is in widesread circulation
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:28:51 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 05:04:51 PM »

I'd like to expand here just a mite.  A little.  Some. ........ Guns that have spotty availability at best and idly squat for longevity are not necessarily a good idea at any price.  Once in a while I had to resort to "making parts by hand" to repair the odd shotgun.  Let me assure you it was not .... cheap.  Wasn't even reasonable.  An inexpensive firearm (read ... CHEAP) may well turn out to be really expensive.

Talk to Cimarron.  Ask for a CCH 1878 when they get their nest container.  It will at least be reasonable.  OR:  Bite the bullet and pony up for a Pedersoli.  CCH and Exposed hammers.  Well made shotgun too boot.  The Cimarron 1878 you can shoot right out of the box.  The Pedersoli will be a bit stiff and need a little attention.  The Pedersoli will also last forever.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com