Author Topic: 300 Remington Ultra Mag brass  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Beauregard Hooligan

• CAS-L Moderator
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Cas City Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
300 Remington Ultra Mag brass
« on: October 15, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »
300 Remington Ultra Mag brass

I had bought a new Remington CDL-700 in .300 Remington Ultra Magnum about seven years ago, intending to use it for a elk hunt in Idaho, but was in an auto accident, and had surgery to repair my rotator cuff and splintered right collarbone. I never fired it. My surgeon said that I would be lucky to one day work up to shooting a .22 LR off my right shoulder. After working up with heavier rifles over time, I can now shoot a seven pound .30-06 now, and that will meet my needs. I fired one round out of a friend's .300 Win Mag I knew that the .300 RUM was never going to be a regular shooter. I sold my it today, but the new owner is not a reloader. I am left with just over 300 rounds of new Remington brass and a new set of Hornady reloading dies with a micrometer bullet seating stem that I will never use. If I had been in his shoes, and knew the price of factory ammunition, I'd have bought the brass and dies, bought a good press and taken up reloading. With careful reloading practice, staying away from maximum loads, resizing as little as possible and annealing case mouths occasionally; 300 rounds of brass would last a very long time. I've been doing that for a long time with a lot of Norma 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser brass; still one of my favorite calibers. I have searched the web and have found that companies like Midway, Cabela's, Natchez and others list the brass at $120 to $140 for 100, but no one has any in stock, with no back orders and some listing it as no longer being manufactured. I want to sell the brass and dies but don't have a clue as to where to do so. eBay doesn't allow sale of brass and I don't have any experience any where else. I don't know where to sell it, whether to sell it by the 100 lots or 50 at a time or what to charge. I'd appreciate a bit of advice. Thank you in advance.
My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/beauhooligan/
SASS Life * NMLRA * NRA Life * Deputy of CAS-L * River City Regulators * Mother Lode Shootist Society * Murietta Posse, WASA #56.
Stockton, Ca.

Offline Superman89204@outlook.com

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 300 Remington Ultra Mag brass
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 06:48:14 AM »
Hey do you still have the Remington 300 ultra mag brass? If so text me 12047400934

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com