Author Topic: EMF=ARMI SAN MARCO AND UBERTI??  (Read 3964 times)

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
EMF=ARMI SAN MARCO AND UBERTI??
« on: January 15, 2018, 06:50:16 PM »
I know ASM  made the EMF Hartfoprd models,,But did Uberti also make the EMF  Hartford model?

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: EMF=ARMI SAN MARCO AND UBERTI??
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:47:04 PM »
Yes,  I just saw a Hartford EMF 45 at my LGS in the box.  It is a blackpowdered frame.  When I turned it all around I was surprised to see that it was a Uberti.  I was hoping it was an ASM.  I guess when ASM went under in 2000's, EMF contracted with Uberti for a continuation of their Hartford line.  This was the first one I have seen that was not an ASM.

I have an ASM from EMF that was a 1996 New Dakota -- the cheaper version with 'dark nickeled' brass BS/TG.  It is not the blackpowdered frame.  I would like one of the original Hartford models because of their 1st Gen billings and features.

Black River Smith

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 04:32:52 AM »
Pietta did as well
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:58:02 PM »

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 03:56:59 PM »
Does anyone know the difference in the markings between the ASM,,UBERTI and Pieta HARTFORD models?..My black powder frame Hartford model has... HARTFORD MODEL..on top of the barrel..And ..SINGLE ACTION ARMY 45 ..on the side of barrel....The ser. # on the frame is so lightly stamped that only the last three numbers can really be made out...And another unreadable light stamp on cylinder looking like maybe two digets....The hammer had the typical UBERTI hammer block on it,,,but there is no cut-out inside the frame for the safety block...I replaced the barrel with a Uberti barrel with no problem..In fact ,, I took the Hartford barrel and put in on a Uberti EL PATRON ,,fit perfect and is my most accurate single action I have...So I was thinking my Hartford was a Uberti,, but I got it in the mid to late 1990s..Before Uberti supposedly started making HARTFORD MODELS...So what you all think?  Is it a UBERTI made in  the 90s ?Or is it an ASM  that UBERTI parts fit?..BTW-I also replaced the hammer with a UBERTI  hammer with no safety ,,,fits great..

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 03:59:33 PM »
It's such a shame that Armi San Marco went Darwin.

ASM Built SA reproductions were the closest thing to a Colt on the planet.  Then their QC went in the Toilette and shortly after, they went the same.

Today, in the reproduction world, the closest reproduction to a Colt is the Pietta Great Western II.  In my sordid past, I used Pietta parts to repair and return ASM guns to service.  

Most of all, I miss the ASM built 1st Model Richards reproduction.  Basically built on an 1861 but who cared!!!  The guns were really nice.
Except it took 7 or 8 of em to get two that worked reliably (sigh).

PS:  Willi was asking another while I was typing the above ... so ...

It's a Crap Shoot.  I don't personally know anyone who kept track of the variations in the markings between the makers of a specific model.  I know when I was still in business, I didn't have the time to study the marks.  Finding what fit what was interesting as well.  Some hammers, some barrels, ejector assemblies, cylinders, triggers will interchange, albeit with some fitting perhaps required.  Almost NONE of the Grip/Griopframe screws interchange.  I once built a set of guns for a friend from two boxes of odd parts he had.  Turned out to be ASM BP Frames, Uberti Barrels, ASM Ejectors, Pietta cylinders, Pietta hammers, Pietta triggers and lock parts, ASM Trigger guards with Pietta back straps.  I custom made the stocks..  The answer to what have you got??  My best guess is an ASM Frame.  After that ..... anybodies guess.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 04:54:44 PM »
I offer this then Butt out....

You are talking SAA's   :-\....   my Pietta "Hartford Model" is a 61 Navy....now transformed , no markings remain.

As it looked out of the Box "Hartford Model"  both on the Barrel address line and on said box...It was brand new in box date coded 2013.

Markings went with the excised 4"

when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com