Author Topic: Guns In The Hills, Midwest Regional  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Guns In The Hills, Midwest Regional
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:29:16 PM »
   Announcing the 7th annual National Congress of Old West Shootists Midwest Regional Shoot “Guns In The Hills.”

This premier match is being hosted by the Wisconsin Old West Shootists near Glenwood City, Wisconsin on July 20th through 22nd, 2018.  We will feature free side matches on Friday the 20th including long range shooting.  On Saturday, the first six of ten stages will be shot and Sunday the remaining stages will be shot.  Awards will follow the completion of all stages.

All NCOWS categories will be offered for this regional match.  Full descriptions of these categories can be found on the NCOWS web site at www.ncows.org.  Any questions can be directed to the match director Tom Spanton, NCOWS #978 (aka Dan Topper) at spanton@frontiernet.net or call him at 715-246-6218.

The WOWS range features a large parking area with plenty of space for vehicles.  Free camping is also available (no hook-ups), and there is plenty of space for tents and recreational vehicles.

Friday night at the range will feature a “cowboy picnic” supper and a chance to get to know other shooters.  A banquet will be held Saturday evening at the Stout Ale House in Menomonie, Wisconsin.  Banquet attendees will receive a complimentary photo taken at the banquet.

Registration forms and a map to the range can be found at our website www.wowsinc.org.  Updates and lists of motels, hotels, and additional campgrounds will be posted on the web site.  Closer to the Regional, we will also publish the scenarios and round counts for the match.  Be sure to check the web site frequently for updates!

Come and enjoy the NCOWS Midwest Regional, Guns In The Hills.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: Guns In The Hills, Midwest Regional
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »
The NCOWS Midwest Regional's is another one of NCOWS premiere events not to be missed. Below are links to slide shows of the 2017 and 2016 NCOWS Midwest Regional's.

http://s278.photobucket.com/user/jvsaffran/slideshow/2017%20NCOWS%20Midwest%20Regionals?sort=9

http://s278.photobucket.com/user/jvsaffran/slideshow/2016%20NCOWS%20Midwest%20Regionals
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 10:06:31 PM »
Sent in our entries for both Gabby Hayes, my grandson, and myself, Two-Bit Charlie. Planning on camping this year. Can't wait to get back "Up North", as we say in Wisconsin! ;D

Two-Bit Charlie

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:36:16 AM »

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 07:40:37 AM »
Do you think we can get 3 of us to do the originals class (the minimum)

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »
I have signed up for the "Originals" at the Midwest Regional's.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 10:49:14 PM »
We have a listing of those shooters who have registered and their category. We will allow you to shoot your category or change in on Saturday morning before the start of the match. Go to our website at https://wowsinc.org/ and click on the link to Guns In The Hills. On the bottom of the page is a link that opens a pdf of who's coming to the shoot. Sorry not sure if I made the link hot for you.

Hope to see you there.

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 07:30:40 PM »
 Just signed up another grandson for the regional. "Slim Pickens", Gabby Hayes younger brother will be shooting his first NCOWS shoot with us. He's looking forward to meeting Beartooth Billy's dog!

See you all "Up North"

Two Bit Charlie

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 09:27:25 PM »
Charlie, we'll see which one of them has the most energy, while we sit in the shade and
have a cold one

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 03:58:46 PM »
Billy, that's 2 boys, 1 dog and the boys are bring a bag full of tennis balls. We should be able to charge to watch this much fun!

Two Bit Charlie

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 07:37:09 PM »
Only one week remains and Gun In The Hills, the NCOWS Midwest Regional will begin. Please check our website and see if your name is on the list of shooters. Also check your category and make sure we got that correct too.

We will start the checking in process at the range on Friday at noon. Side matches will be shortly after that.

Long range is usually done first and then the other side matches when the long range shooting is done. This year’s long range will be a timed event with a limited amount of time per distance shot.

For the 22 side match, we will need you to bring your own guns. We have provided them in the past, but, due to some trading and safe cleaning, we are a little short of 22s.

Check-in for the match on Saturday begins at 8am with the safety meeting at 8:30. Attendance is mandatory for the safety meeting.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Offline bushwhacker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 10:48:11 AM »
Hope everyone is having a great time.  Wish I could have come.  I keep saying someday!  I am just afraid I will run out of days!
Bushwhacker

Offline Dan Topper

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »
I had a wonderful time and it was sure nice to see everyone again. Thank you everyone who came and thanks to those who helped with the match.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 12:02:28 PM »
Many thanks to Dan Topper and WOWS for hosting another great NCOWS event. Everything about this event was first class especially the hospitality. Where could you see so many shooters shooting Black Powder in an authentic Old West atmosphere? This event is what NCOWS is all about. I have already put the 2019 NCOWS Midwest Regional's on my calendar for next year.

A slide show of the 2018 NCOWS Regionals will be posted shortly.

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 07:52:48 PM »
Another great time at this event, I have been to all 7 years, and have gotten to become good friends
with many. This is a great place to camp,  I have very much enjoyed it every year. Thanks to all who
put in the effort that makes this possible.

BTB
Born 110 years too late

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com