Author Topic: Surplus 1911's from CMP How To (Merged)  (Read 8019 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Surplus 1911's from CMP How To (Merged)
« on: December 07, 2017, 08:00:52 PM »
Read today on The Canadian Firearms Digest .....

Something in the order of 10,000 1911's are going to be sold through the CMP program. This going to drastically affect the current market price of GI 1911's which has skyrocketed over the last few years.

On this side of the DMZ, good, clean GI 1911's go for as much as $1500! Paraphrasing John Wayne - : That'll be the day!"

I'm quite content with my Series '70 Gold Cup and 1911 clones by Ruger and Remington.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Surplus 1911's about to be released to CMP!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:54:17 PM »
You have my attention, tell me more.  Any idea of age, make, or price? It is like Santa finally got my letters :)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• Top Active Citizen
  • ~Aggravator Emeritus~
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »
Getting one is gonna be a little different than regular CMP firearms.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

Advertising

Re: Surplus 1911's from CMP How To (Merged)
« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:00:28 PM »

Online St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:38:46 PM »
Don't get yourselves into a lather - it isn't a done deal yet.

Read this first.

To all CMP constituents:

The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army.

Some preliminary decisions:

1. Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.

2. All laws pertaining to the sale of 1911s by CMP will be strictly obeyed.

3. Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting: 1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a new form 2A with notary, 5) successful completion of a NICS background check, 6) a signed copy of the 01 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.

4. The CMP customer will be required to complete a Form 4473 in person and successfully complete another NICS check by the recipient FFL holder before the pistol can be transferred.

5. Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.

6. No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.

7. CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.

8. Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery.

9. Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.

10. Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.

11. The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.

12. Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.

13. When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one.

14. As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grade and pricing options will be available. Again, this done completely random.

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
Civilian Marksmanship Program
www.thecmp.org

I've seen these some time back, when I was at both Anniston and Rock Island, and looked at them out of curiosity.

There won't be any pristine, boxed M1911A1s - those left storage decades ago, and there are more hoops to jump through, so 'read' the above.

The ones I observed were all reworks - some reworked twice - they'll have been re-slided, re-barreled, re-gripped, refinished and feature all of the various stamps to indicate such.

They were done after WWII, during the refurbishment period that saw small arms get brought back into spec, and were still being reworked throughout the late '70's.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances...

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 10:39:23 AM »
Did you see the mint Singer Sewing Machine 1911 on RIA's auction last weekend?  It brought $414K.  So PJ, I guess this one beat the $1500 price.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 12:08:33 PM »
Singer made guns are rare. Something is worth what someone will pay for it.

I can't justify having guns too valuable to shoot. Mine are useful tools, not an investment.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Online St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Wait! There's More!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 10:02:51 PM »
CMP 1911 Information

The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army.

Some preliminary decisions further clarified updated 12/12/2017:

1.CMP will have an all-new 1911 order form, 1911 purchasing instructions, a 1911 page on our web site, a dedicated 1911 FFL fax number and email address for the FFL holder to send their FFL with customer's name attached.

The customer will have to send in a complete new order packet with all new qualifying criteria included. Everyone will be a new customer, everyone starts with no advantage or disadvantage. CMP 1911 is an FFL governed operation and is a separate entity from CMP and has to have its own record keeping operation with no ties to the old CMP records.

2.Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.  CMP will price at fair market value in accordance with CMP's enabling legislation.

3.Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting:  1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a new form 2A with notary, 5) a signed copy of the 01, 02, 07 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.  These are "store front" FFLs.

4.A NICS background check will be performed by CMP on the customer to assure the customer is eligible to purchase prior to shipment to the "store front" FFL licensed dealer. The customer must receive a "proceed" from NICS prior to shipment of the pistol to the FFL licensed dealer.

5.The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person at the FFL dealers place of business, successfully passing a NICS check, in which the information is provided by the FFL holder to NICS, before the pistol can be transferred.  This is a second NICS check performed on the customer.

6.Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.

7.No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.  All 1911 orders will come in via USPS, UPS, Fed EX, etc.

8.CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.

9.Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery, USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.

10.Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.

11.Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.

12.The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.

13.Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.

14.When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one 1911 type pistol.

15.As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grades and pricing options will be available.

Note: 1911 type pistols purchased from CMP cannot be transferred to 03 FFL (curio and relic) license. 

BATF and the United States Army prefer the second background check be performed by a "store front" FFL dealer. 

Each customer purchasing a 1911 type pistol from CMP will be subjected to two NICS background checks, one the information provided by CMP to NICS and the second the information will be provided to NICS by the FFL dealer in which the pistol is shipped.

Ordering Information: CMP will have an all-new 1911 order form, 1911 purchasing instructions, a 1911 page on our web site, a dedicated 1911 FFL fax number and email address for the FFL holder to send their FFL with customer name attached.

The customer will have to send in a complete new order packet with all new qualifying criteria included. Everyone will be a new customer, everyone starts with no advantage or disadvantage. CMP 1911 is an FFL governed operation and is a separate entity from CMP and has to have its own record keeping operation with no ties to the old CMP records.

Concerning sale price of the 1911s: CMP has been selling M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1903s, .22s, etc. for 21+ years and we have never taken advantage of anyone.

CMP is not going to start price gouging people now with the 1911s.

The 1911s will be priced at fair market value just like our M1 Garands. 

The CMP's enabling legislation directs sales of items at fair market value.

Mark Johnson

Chief Operating Officer

www.thecmp.org

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: Wait! There's More!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 05:34:41 AM »
Dude , here's your hoop !
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Jeremiah Jones

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3945
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »
My Taurus PT1911 was probably cheaper than the CMP 1911’s will be (after repairs, barrels, and bushings). In 1977 as a 2LT, I bought those M1911 parts and moved them from pistol to pistol as I moved around in the Army, till after Desert Storm when I finally had to draw a 9mm.  But, in those years I always qualified in the top scorers with the .45.  I was even awarded the Excellence in Competition – Pistol 😊
Scouts Out!

Offline Bunk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 05:15:35 PM »
If these guns are any think like the one I was issued in 1960 which took me several hours of going through boxes of new replacement parts,picking out good parts, filing, polishing  and some thing that almost caused the unit armorer Sargent to have a stroke to come out with a firearm that I could depend on and actually hit where I was aiming.
It was a 1911A1 and had a history.
What I started out with was really a frame and slide but it did nake a pretty good gun.
At least that was my experience and I will pass on this deal.
Bunk

Online St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »
Status of the CMP 1911s, 1/29/2018:

The CMP has been authorized to receive 8,000 1911 type pistols from the United States Army.

The 1911s have been received by the CMP. 

A complete inventory will be conducted over the course of this week.

The pistols will then be securely stored until the Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed. 

That completion is anticipated to be approximately 60 days from now.

Once the 1911 armory is completed, inspection, grading, repair, and ultimately test firing of the pistols will begin. (Please be aware that the CMP was led to believe that we were ready to move forward, but three weeks ago facility requirements were changed, and we are now fulfilling those requirements.)

The CMP 1911 order packet will be posted 90 days prior to the order acceptance date and opening sales date.

No orders will be accepted prior to that date.

Please visit www.thecmp.org, click on the Sales icon then 1911 Information, for the latest.

CMP customer service has been inundated with calls and emails concerning the 1911s and no further information is available at this time.

The CMP will keep everyone posted as we move through this process.

Mark Johnson

Chief Operating Officer

www.thecmp.org

Offline treebeard

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 03:23:09 PM »
I wonder why the number to be released went from 10,000 to 8,000 ?

Online St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »
Not worth worrying about.

Unless there's a conspiracy afoot...

That even this number is said to be released is a minor miracle, and they can bleed this out for decades.

Scouts Out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com