Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 07:24:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks (Moderators: Delmonico, Pitspitr)  |  Topic: GAF Belt Plates 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GAF Belt Plates  (Read 98 times)
Trailrider
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« on: December 07, 2017, 01:15:20 pm »

NOTE: I am NOT soliciting business for myself or the manufacturer.  Just thought newer members should know...

As I ran out of M1851 Enlisted Eagle Belt Plates, and my previous supplier has apparently retired, I contacted Parsley's Brass, and was able to order some which will be ready shortly. These are the ones with the silver applied wreath. They were supposed to be for enlisted cavalry troops, but many officers liked the heavier pistol or saber belts and the fancier silver wreath during the CW and Indian Wars campaigns.

As you GAF veterans may recall, a number of years ago (c.2004 IIRC), we commissioned a GAF Belt Plate that would fit on 1-7/8 waist and cavalry belts. These are a rectangular plate with the letters GAF inside a wreath, with a stippled background. I'm not sure how to post a photo of mine, but perhaps someone else can.

Spoke with Tim Parsley, and they can cast up some more for $28.95 each plus postage. He does NOT show them on his website, but still has the moulds. These are the type with the separate hasp that is usually sewn and riveted into the left end of the belt, and the plate itself hooks into the hasp. The belt plate has a slot on the right end, through which the end of the belt is passed, bent back on itself, and a hook on the end of the belt then hooks into a hole in the belt body.  This is the same way the original M1851 Enlisted Eagle Belt Plates are attached. Because the plate and hasp are matched to each other, you usually can't use the same hasp for both plates, although, sometimes a little filing on the hasp hole could make it possible to do so.  I didn't think to ask, but originally, the GAF plates could be ordered with the French back or the three-hook back.

Just thought you would like to know...

Your obdt servant,

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF
1961MJS
Active citizen

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:28:21 pm »

Hi

I have one of these, but I haven't put it on a belt yet.  I'm concentrating on an Xmas present which I just finished, and am working on my uniforms for the GAF.  It as well made of better than the other officer's belt plate I have from other sources.

Later

Mike
GAF #797
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Barracks (Moderators: Delmonico, Pitspitr)  |  Topic: GAF Belt Plates « previous next »
Jump to: