Author Topic: TL and Taylor's (revised)  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
TL and Taylor's (revised)
« on: November 30, 2005, 04:41:56 PM »
Howdy to the camp!

A pard of mine asked me if I get a kickback from Taylor's for pushing the Spencer's so much.  As much as I wish it were true, I don't (Darn!) 

As far as my relations with Taylors, it started when they sent me one of the first .45 Schofields in to do a test report on in early 2000. It was an author gun, and I could not afford to keep it, so it went to someone else when I was done.  It did not have contact with Taylor's again until I got the 56-50 in the spring oif this year after selling my original 56-56 to pay for my daughters wedding.  Only recently have I been getting other guns from them for Cowboy Chronicle evaluations.  I have done many more from Cimarron and EMF, than Taylors.

I also love my Ford F250 crew cab 4x4 7.3 Liter Deisel "Power Stroke," and continually speak its praises.  Ford doesn't send me a dime either!

I am an avid apostle of the one true path of Spencer Repeating Firearms, just because I think they are one of the finest and most fascinating firearms in the retro-world (and even today).  Since 1970 when I was 18, and first saw an original one displayed on the wall in a Chicago restaurant that had a western theme "Aylwards Round-up," I have been fascinated by them.  Having had my fascination increased more by the .45 Schofield sample, about three years ago I bought my first original Spencer, an unusual chrome and gold plated 56-56 made into presentation model with a mint bore.  This I later sold to Judge Hemp, and bought the really clean 56-56 that I sold in the spring.

In short, I just think the Taylor's Spencer is the best thing going.  The Taylors is available in a variety of calibers, and soon  barrel lengths to make everyone happy. Originals are nice, but expensive and must be converted.  I would have loved to keep my 56-56, but the $2500 sure helped with the wedding. My 56-50 Taylors keeps me almost as happy.

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Dakota Widowmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS# 65062
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TL and Taylor's (revised)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 09:39:20 AM »
TL-

I am often asked if I work for Lee.

1) I have a Brett Farve/Green Bay VooDoo doll in my office that regularly receives abuse.
I am no WI/Cheesehead fan.

2) I get no compensation or rewards from them in any shape.
No, I have no connection to Lee Precision. I have SEVERAL of their presses (pair of Pro1000 and a turret and other doo dads)

Their products have worked as advertised and work well, at that.

Take care.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 10:50:20 AM »
AMen to Lee!

All I use is my "Poor man's progressive" which is a Lee turret press with auto index.  I use it a three and four station, and even load my 50-70s with it.

If it isnt broke, don't fix it!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:54:53 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com