Author Topic: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread)  (Read 63020 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread)
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2017, 01:34:16 PM »
I don’t want to be pregnant  ;D
Then don't burn popple. ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2017, 06:36:46 PM »
We burned our share of Aspen in the west and Tulip Poplar in the east. Not a real hot burner but will work, another that leaves alot ash.  Nice wood for furniture and crafting though.  I’ve seen cottonwood that was milled also for mostly barn building.  I believe Teddy Roosvelt wrote in his journals about cutting logs for his cabin the Blackhills. I believe it was Cottonwood.
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »
Good thing we don't have a lot of popple here then. I'll already be retired before the kids I got are graduated. Don't need any more at my age.

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 03:52:17 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2017, 09:36:02 PM »
Good thing we don't have a lot of popple here then. I'll already be retired before the kids I got are graduated. Don't need any more at my age.

Lol I don’t even want bragging rights at my age.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2017, 07:39:52 AM »
Morning coffee is up... and the other fixin’s.

Rain here in the Sunny South today and next couple.   
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2017, 09:20:45 AM »
Rain and a warm 42 degrees here in Mo. Made biscuits for breakfast. no sausage to be found, so I made bacon grease gravy. Not bad. Couldn't bring myself to crumble up the bacon to put in the gravy, it looked too tasty all by itself.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

The popples we have are quaking aspen. Our shed that was made 80+ years old is almost entirely made from it. 1 1/2 years old, we stabilized it and put steel on the outside.

'Tis 24 and overcast. High of 30.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2017, 02:07:36 PM »
Afternoon all.

Sunny and 45 in California.  Headed for 50 according to the NOAA.  We'll see how close they get.

Went up to one of my lookout towers from the summer last night.  The local radio club, of which I'm a member, has some equipment up there that needed work, so we worked on it.  Seems to be fixed.  It was about 20 degrees up there at sunset, and got colder after that.  About a 20mph wind.  Had to put the front end in on the truck to get through the sn*w/ice on the way up.  The tower sits right at 6000 feet (6055 in the cab ::) ).

About that wood.  We loaded the Ranger (short base 2003 Sport) cab high, with log lengths about 7- 9 feet.  Some logs were 12-14" diameter, and I'd guess 200lbs or more.  Took both of us to load them.  The springs were bottomed out, but it wasn't my truck, and he seemed not to care.  It was only 1 mile or so back home, but it was a little squirrely.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2017, 08:25:12 PM »
My Dad and I used to haul wood that way in his CJ-7(of course, they were 6" poles, not 12-14")Leave the tailgate down and stack it full with poles sticking out 2-3' beyond the tailgate. Just 15-20ft from the road was a small dip, and one time....the wood went down and the front wheels went up. Mud in the dip. Jeep wasn't going anywhere with the front wheels spinning in the air. So from the safety of the gravel road, I hooked a tow chain to my Chevy Vega and pulled him out. Ok, actually all it did was pull the front down so he got traction, but forevermore, I had pulled his JEEP out of the mud with my VEGA!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2017, 09:24:05 PM »
Love the old CJ’s, there is nothing like them today.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2017, 12:06:47 AM »
My Dad and I used to haul wood that way in his CJ-7(of course, they were 6" poles, not 12-14")Leave the tailgate down and stack it full with poles sticking out 2-3' beyond the tailgate. Just 15-20ft from the road was a small dip, and one time....the wood went down and the front wheels went up. Mud in the dip. Jeep wasn't going anywhere with the front wheels spinning in the air. So from the safety of the gravel road, I hooked a tow chain to my Chevy Vega and pulled him out. Ok, actually all it did was pull the front down so he got traction, but forevermore, I had pulled his JEEP out of the mud with my VEGA!

BOY oh BOY !  the Jeep Forum crowd  would have a 5HiT  hemorrhage....
Having had 3 Jeeps  CJ , YJ & TJ myself & moderated such a Forum ,  you can trust everyone of them have a tale to tell of their rescue prowess .... some true,  many imagined
Funny to see the all show no go element with their "Hummer rescue vehicle decals "

By the By the CJ was rust bucket w/ a 305 V8 .... the YJ a 4 banger & the TJ a Straight 6 Auto with AC & hard top.

when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2017, 06:10:18 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 28 and cloudy. High of 36.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2017, 09:55:15 AM »
BOY oh BOY !  the Jeep Forum crowd  would have a 5HiT  hemorrhage....
Having had 3 Jeeps  CJ , YJ & TJ myself & moderated such a Forum ,  you can trust everyone of them have a tale to tell of their rescue prowess .... some true,  many imagined
Funny to see the all show no go element with their "Hummer rescue vehicle decals "

By the By the CJ was rust bucket w/ a 305 V8 .... the YJ a 4 banger & the TJ a Straight 6 Auto with AC & hard top.

There are Jeepers, and then there are "Jeepers."  The former likely have rescued a Hummer or something of the sort.  The later bought a $30,000 JK Sahara and park it on the curb at the mall in their skinny jeans.  I know both types.  ::)
If the F-150 hadn't panned out, my backup was a '76 CJ with a Chevy LS1 V8.

Morning all.

Temperature is 24, and clear.  Could get white stuff tonight, though. We'll see.  I got some Aguila subsonic 22 yesterday, so I'm going out in a while to test that out, then I have a potluck to go to.  Hey, free food.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2017, 06:09:10 PM »
Dad's jeeps were both CJ-7s. Fist I believe was late 70's (77 maybe?) Sis cylinder automatic. Pretty much unstoppable. Then he traded it for a new mid 80's one, still a six, but with a 4 speed. That's the one we stuck with the firewood. He always regretted the trade. No mechanic we could find could keep it running right. I think it was a case of trying too hard to make a carbureted motor meet the ever stricter emissions standards.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2017, 06:26:35 PM »
I turned a topless with Windshield removed, Willys over responding to a tripflare. The M60  ammo cans and 2 nationals were thrown free. The steering wheel kept it from crushing me. That and it was low speed roll over. I was able to dig my self out while the other 2 grabbed up our firearms and called for help. It was a ferrel cat or dog that set off the flare.  Seemed like a long time but a apc crew showed up and we righted. Recovery crew showed up later changed the oil and anti freeze the jeep back on it’s wheels. We finished the shift. I recieved a reprimand.  Always loved them Jeeps ever since
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2017, 12:28:37 AM »
Well rocker is ready for paint and folding stool just needs the seat made so tommorow I clean off the sewing table.

Got a nice oak Lt Dan chair. Nice and solid, oak, needs stripped and new legs.  Getting longer ones, will be the stool for my loading bench. Going to make up some old type varnish for this one.  I need a test project anyway.

Also, forgot about my cabbage cutter so it's going into the line up.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2017, 12:43:10 AM »
Fergot, need to fire blue the hinge screws for the stool.  

Need two washers to use between the legs and nothing in the junk bucket suitable and doubt much chance at the hardware store, weirds most of them out when I show up with calipers.

Will just make them, should be about the same time involved as a hardware store trip unless I got lucky and scored at the first one.

Film later.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2017, 05:23:46 AM »
The slaw cutter is cool hadn’t seen one in some time...

It was 53 degrees and 99% humidity at 2300hrs last evening same numbers this morning.  Had a busy day yesterday delivering things. Today it is bible srudy and then rehab. Mail one final package out.

Calling for T-storms on Christmas possible snow

BTW Coffee is up!
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2017, 07:16:00 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 36 and overcast. High of 38.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2017, 07:20:57 AM »
 Foggy and 62 ° expecting a 83 ° High.... looks like the same most of the week ....

NICE  :)  and I'm on PTO till the 27th. & 28th  then off till the 2nd ....
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com