Author Topic: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread)  (Read 63018 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread)
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 08:48:01 AM »
Going to back to bed, had to run grandson to school.

Thought I was going to have to run some wanna be lumberjack and his ankle bitting Fiat off the road, if I have my signal on don't speed up to cut me off.  Mile or so later had to get over again and this time he let me over, no problem, even slowed down.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 12:16:16 PM »
Hay there ,quiet morning. Lazy day here .Weather is almost up to 6 C  Coffee and some cleanup in the gun room
Take care all
dutchie
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 02:32:46 PM »
Weekend began at zero 7 this one. So a nap was deserved after biscuits and gravy. 

Headed off to mill in Jeep, Suzanne needed truck here to move some things with.  I get my stuff and pay for it. This place has great chstomer service, they remember your name what you buy etc. the manager has a pair of old model Vaqueros he shoots. Always has a story to share. All the customers like him.   Today i am inside paying, he meets me at the door, tells me i have water leak on the jeep. The other employee is under it seeing if it is something  they can fix quickly.  Looks like lower radiator hose.  The mechanic is between there and home. The gage shows normal temp. So i head to mechanic. About a mile down the road it over heats. I shut it down and pull off road. I called my wife she brought me 3 gallons of water.  Said a little prayer for a favor. Then headed to mechanics. She followed behind. Made it there without a overheat. So now it is at mechanic. I asked him while he had if to repair the ignition switch. Or activator pin switch. Thingy bob.  Before it leaves me stranded too. Looks like i get my Christmas guft early. Just bought tires for truck last week. Suzanne said that was her Christnas gift. Like the tune of $850 with tax and mounting etc.
 Sure wish i had a mule and wagon....
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »
Weekend began at zero 7 this one. So a nap was deserved after biscuits and gravy. 

Headed off to mill in Jeep, Suzanne needed truck here to move some things with.  I get my stuff and pay for it. This place has great chstomer service, they remember your name what you buy etc. the manager has a pair of old model Vaqueros he shoots. Always has a story to share. All the customers like him.   Today i am inside paying, he meets me at the door, tells me i have water leak on the jeep. The other employee is under it seeing if it is something  they can fix quickly.  Looks like lower radiator hose.  The mechanic is between there and home. The gage shows normal temp. So i head to mechanic. About a mile down the road it over heats. I shut it down and pull off road. I called my wife she brought me 3 gallons of water.  Said a little prayer for a favor. Then headed to mechanics. She followed behind. Made it there without a overheat. So now it is at mechanic. I asked him while he had if to repair the ignition switch. Or activator pin switch. Thingy bob.  Before it leaves me stranded too. Looks like i get my Christmas guft early. Just bought tires for truck last week. Suzanne said that was her Christnas gift. Like the tune of $850 with tax and mounting etc.
 Sure wish i had a mule and wagon....

What year Jeep?  Mine is a 2009.  Went through a period where it didn't want to start.  Discovered that if I push the gear selector (automatic) forward it would start.  Apparently, it was (and sometimes still is) a fault in the switch indicating that it lever isn't in park.
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 05:48:12 PM »
Never had those problems when you put the key in a hole in the dash and hit the starter thing with you right toe. ;D

Last winter one cold night got off late, had trouble starting The Field Marshall.  Had turned the switch on with the key, was in neutral, clutch out, left foot on the brake, right one with heel on the gas, toe trying to find the switch, right had trying to find the choke.   ::)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 06:27:19 PM »
Evening y'all.

Heatwave here. Currently 56.  ::)
Supposed to get down to 29 tonight, which is the high for tomorrow.

Picked up some cigarette papers at the C-store to make .36 paper cartridges.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 06:38:02 PM »
What year Jeep?  Mine is a 2009.  Went through a period where it didn't want to start.  Discovered that if I push the gear selector (automatic) forward it would start.  Apparently, it was (and sometimes still is) a fault in the switch indicating that it lever isn't in park.

02! I once thought that might be the issue- i am not certin...it will not get a new Trans from me. 
Mathew 5.9

Online The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 07:00:23 PM »
Evening all.

New shotgun report.  The danged thing kicks like a mule that sat on a cactus.  Somewhere around 6.5 pounds, and we were shooting magnum buckshot. ::)  I think it kicks harder from the other end, though.

I finished a pretty long video today.  Well, long for me anyway.  Came out at almost 9 minutes.  Now I just have to upload it.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 07:21:05 PM »
Same weather pattern here, Slim. Currently 61, rain moved in just after dark, now supposed to drop to 33 and then maybe 40 tomorrow.

TK: Magnum buckshot? for a 6 1/2 lb shotgun, maybe 2 3/4" field loads for me.....

Never had those problems when you put the key in a hole in the dash and hit the starter thing with you right toe. ;D

I got a couple like that out back. ONE OF THESE DAYS, they'll live again! '50 GMC and '53 Chevy 1-ton. Maybe when I'm retired and travel time is less of a problem, use one to drive to the Grand Muster. ;D

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »
Not much difference.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 12:47:12 AM »

Last winter one cold night got off late, had trouble starting The Field Marshall.  Had turned the switch on with the key, was in neutral, clutch out, left foot on the brake, right one with heel on the gas, toe trying to find the switch, right had trying to find the choke.   ::)

I'd love to have one of those... almost guaranteed you would never have to worry about anybody being able to steal it, even if you left the key in the ignition. ::)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 04:52:00 AM »
I'd love to have one of those... almost guaranteed you would never have to worry about anybody being able to steal it, even if you left the key in the ignition. ::)

That's any stick today today  and I would not other than a play toy.  Carbs, points and all that are a PIA, despite what some try to tell use.  Yeah, replace them every 6000 miles and wear the rings out by 100,000 dumping raw gas over them on cold days.

Most of those were also 6 volt, more fun on a cold day.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 04:57:59 AM »
One of the camp projects going on in my workshop.  Primed, think it's going to be a darker red when done. 

Rocker when done I think will be a yellow of some sort.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 05:05:50 AM »
Was discussing in another group a while back, we figure 6-12 hours work/prep for every hour we demonstrate.   The hobby is almost a second full time job.  May get the wood cutting demo ready by spring, need someone to run it.  Got the double bit now, needs handle.  Got to get handle for maul, plus a folding/take apart sawbuck made.  Got 3 more crosscuts,  these one man, keeping the best 3 1/2 footer, other is trade for the ax.  Got a 2 1/2 footer as well as the 4 1/2 two man and bucksaw.   Got the wedges also and the single bit.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 06:30:44 AM »
Morning coffee is up..... rain here this morning cold front suppose to move in this evening.   

Therapy again today.... then to watch Suzanne bowl, her Christian Fellowship league... then probably some Christmas Shopping.
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 07:22:47 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

That rocker needs a little glue.  ;)

Slept on my right shoulder. Now it hurts. Gonna stay home and ice it. Might go the the chiro if I feel ambitious.

'Tis 25, blustery and overcast. WC 11. High of 29.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 08:01:40 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

That rocker needs a little glue.  ;)

Slept on my right shoulder. Now it hurts. Gonna stay home and ice it. Might go the the chiro if I feel ambitious.

'Tis 25, blustery and overcast. WC 11. High of 29.

Slim

Now that i can see pitcher. You might want to start a go fund me page to buy the glue your gonna need. :))
25 foot of paracord and a short dowel rod or a screwdriver would be handy for clamping it tight while glue dries.

I have a swivel desk chair similar to the white one - bought at a auction for a few bucks, in Stuarts Draft Virginia. I think the story was it once belonged to Thomas Jefferson who lived nearby.  Not related to the former President, just some guy who shared the same name.  I replaced the seat with a piece of skirting leather. Cleaned it up. I still prefer it over a contempory desk chair.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 11:55:47 AM »
Wife bought me a big bottle of Franklin's Tite Bond.   Got clamps, doweling jig and such.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 12:39:39 PM »
Goin' to Dollar General w/ daughter #3 for some Xmas present supplies.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
As rocker sits today, need some dowels to finish it, arms are fitted and ready to glue.  Planning on a hardware store run Friday.

Got enough work today with out it.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com