Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2018, 08:02:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread)  (Read 15559 times)
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« on: December 01, 2017, 02:07:29 am »

December is here.

* 208nc9.jpg (27.84 KB, 280x241 - viewed 93 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:54:56 am »

Dec 1 and 56 degrees

Coffee is on the boil....

Watched the classic Charlie Browns Christmas last night. Should be good now for another 20 years.

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 08:10:27 am »

Must be time for peppermint and gingerbread coffees... blech.

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 08:22:09 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 20 and partly sunny. High of 47.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 10:33:43 am »

Must be time for peppermint and gingerbread coffees... blech.

Sounds like Sonics milkshake flavors

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 01:50:23 pm »

More foo foo coffee.

* FB_IMG_1512070652182.jpg (50.36 KB, 700x640 - viewed 89 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 04:12:40 pm »

Afternoon all.

Cloudy and 45 in California.  Just got home from walking the dog.  We didn't get rained on, so I'll count it as a nice weather walk.  We went about 3 miles, give or take.

Yesterday I got a check from ole' uncle Sam for $20.  Apparently the USFS paperwork gods didn't like something in my paperwork and didn't pay me for the last day I worked.  They got it straightened out, and I got my last check.  I think I'll use it to buy some ammo... Roll Eyes

Got my package of Black Rifle Coffee today, so I will let y'all know how it was in a little bit.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 02:29:26 am »

Daughter sent this one to night.

* FB_IMG_1512197802142.jpg (53.26 KB, 843x1498 - viewed 98 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 08:37:37 am »

Baby photo bombed the Dogs kodak moment?

I have the coffee on.... either the Black Rifle is so good TK wont say, (doesn’t want to share it) or it is so strong he hasn’t landed yet from tasting it.

Gonna make my weekly feed store run this morning.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 11:17:39 am »

Auburn at Georgia dome this afternoon......WAR EAGLE!

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 11:49:54 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Back from the toy store. Got some balls and wads for Micah's '51 Navy that Broken Nose Scotty gave him.

Gonna go dig up a pine tree and bring it in the house in a little bit. Will plant it outside in the spring.

'Tis 40 and sunny. High of 48.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 02:07:39 pm »

Went to the folks, dug up a Spruce and put it in the muck bucket in the living room. It is now December! Grin
Can ya get more redneck than that?

Slim

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 03:17:33 pm »

Good trees are hard to find around here. I've taken to buying them potted for Christmas, then release them into the wild when the holidays are over.

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 03:35:22 pm »

Afternoon all.

I've got a report on the BRC.  I didn't get it brewed yesterday because I had to make an unexpected trip to the city.  I did get to bring my shotgun home though.  But back to the coffee.
I got the "Just Black" brew, which is a Medium-Dark roast.  It's certainly better than most other medium roasts.  I personally prefer a darker roast, but I still had three cups of this. Roll Eyes

It's getting rainy here, and the sn*w level is down to 1900 tonight.  Yay.  

We usually go cut down a Douglas or White Fir about 1-2 weeks before Christmas, then afterwards take a chainsaw to it and throw the remnants in the fireplace.  Multi-use.  Roll Eyes

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
dutchy
PISTOLARO .
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 03:37:03 pm »

Afternoon all , it is 6 Degrees (our funny system ) here on Canada's North East Coast. Overcast and damp . Coffee and reloading to pass the day

"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 06:10:25 pm »

Afternoon all.

I've got a report on the BRC.  I didn't get it brewed yesterday because I had to make an unexpected trip to the city.  I did get to bring my shotgun home though.  But back to the coffee.
I got the "Just Black" brew, which is a Medium-Dark roast.  It's certainly better than most other medium roasts.  I personally prefer a darker roast, but I still had three cups of this. Roll Eyes

--TK

Did you get all ‘Merican?

This clip made me think of our Coosie

https://youtu.be/PbERN6Ryos0

The reason to buy BRC
https://youtu.be/iplYoZ42O0M

Weather in the 60’s here today...
got the SEC playoff game on. Then to work tonight.

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 03:19:26 am »

You can't save them. One day they will snap and become a hipster again.

I deal with a lot of them at work, won't be hard to have a whole herd of them worshipping  and being my minions. 

Work the frock coat and such to work on Halloween and they were awe struck and asked about it.  They found out what I do on the side and they think I'm so cool.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 09:24:57 am »

Well our favorite team got it handed to them last evening... Hopes for a national championship are done. 
Football season is over for me.

Coffee is up...... will be off to church in a hour or so.  This is my short day of rest...back to work at 1900, for 12 more overnight.   

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 12:51:01 pm »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 41 and sunny. High of 49.

Slim

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 08:54:28 am »

Is everybody still in bed? Morning all, it be a bit chilly, but not too cold and the coffee is hot. Watching some Smokey and the Bandit, warming up with some hot Go Juice. Going to town in a bit. Need water, and my buddy at the Hunting store has more leather work for me to do. His Mama has a 22 snubby that needs a new holster. He asked for some floral carving on it, but I'm afraid that snubby may not have enough room for a whole lot. He also wants a 3rd sling, this one for his shotgun, before Turkey season starts.

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 09:48:01 am »

Going to back to bed, had to run grandson to school.

Thought I was going to have to run some wanna be lumberjack and his ankle bitting Fiat off the road, if I have my signal on don't speed up to cut me off.  Mile or so later had to get over again and this time he let me over, no problem, even slowed down.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

dutchy
PISTOLARO .
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 01:16:16 pm »

Hay there ,quiet morning. Lazy day here .Weather is almost up to 6 C  Coffee and some cleanup in the gun room
Take care all
dutchie

"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 03:32:46 pm »

Weekend began at zero 7 this one. So a nap was deserved after biscuits and gravy. 

Headed off to mill in Jeep, Suzanne needed truck here to move some things with.  I get my stuff and pay for it. This place has great chstomer service, they remember your name what you buy etc. the manager has a pair of old model Vaqueros he shoots. Always has a story to share. All the customers like him.   Today i am inside paying, he meets me at the door, tells me i have water leak on the jeep. The other employee is under it seeing if it is something  they can fix quickly.  Looks like lower radiator hose.  The mechanic is between there and home. The gage shows normal temp. So i head to mechanic. About a mile down the road it over heats. I shut it down and pull off road. I called my wife she brought me 3 gallons of water.  Said a little prayer for a favor. Then headed to mechanics. She followed behind. Made it there without a overheat. So now it is at mechanic. I asked him while he had if to repair the ignition switch. Or activator pin switch. Thingy bob.  Before it leaves me stranded too. Looks like i get my Christmas guft early. Just bought tires for truck last week. Suzanne said that was her Christnas gift. Like the tune of $850 with tax and mounting etc.
 Sure wish i had a mule and wagon....

Joshua 1.9

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 04:59:13 pm »

Weekend began at zero 7 this one. So a nap was deserved after biscuits and gravy. 

Headed off to mill in Jeep, Suzanne needed truck here to move some things with.  I get my stuff and pay for it. This place has great chstomer service, they remember your name what you buy etc. the manager has a pair of old model Vaqueros he shoots. Always has a story to share. All the customers like him.   Today i am inside paying, he meets me at the door, tells me i have water leak on the jeep. The other employee is under it seeing if it is something  they can fix quickly.  Looks like lower radiator hose.  The mechanic is between there and home. The gage shows normal temp. So i head to mechanic. About a mile down the road it over heats. I shut it down and pull off road. I called my wife she brought me 3 gallons of water.  Said a little prayer for a favor. Then headed to mechanics. She followed behind. Made it there without a overheat. So now it is at mechanic. I asked him while he had if to repair the ignition switch. Or activator pin switch. Thingy bob.  Before it leaves me stranded too. Looks like i get my Christmas guft early. Just bought tires for truck last week. Suzanne said that was her Christnas gift. Like the tune of $850 with tax and mounting etc.
 Sure wish i had a mule and wagon....

What year Jeep?  Mine is a 2009.  Went through a period where it didn't want to start.  Discovered that if I push the gear selector (automatic) forward it would start.  Apparently, it was (and sometimes still is) a fault in the switch indicating that it lever isn't in park.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 06:48:12 pm »

Never had those problems when you put the key in a hole in the dash and hit the starter thing with you right toe. Grin

Last winter one cold night got off late, had trouble starting The Field Marshall.  Had turned the switch on with the key, was in neutral, clutch out, left foot on the brake, right one with heel on the gas, toe trying to find the switch, right had trying to find the choke.   Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Don't drink coffee with no elf on a shelf. (Dec coffee thread) « previous next »
Jump to: