Author Topic: Pattern  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Holsterguy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Pattern
« on: November 28, 2017, 07:57:10 PM »
Could anyone tell me where I can get a pattern, full flap like the one used in the civil war for 1860 army, but sized for colt saa? Or, I have the one from hidecrafters for the 1860 army, what do I need to change?
Thanks pards

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pattern
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 08:47:07 PM »
Tandy use to sell Will Ghromely's patterns, but I'm not sure if they still do, you could also check Wills web site too..

tEN wOLVES.. ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:51:21 PM »
here's Wills web site

www.willghormley-maker.com

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:43:39 AM »

Offline steve75

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 01:11:22 AM »
Could anyone tell me where I can get a pattern, full flap like the one used in the civil war for 1860 army, but sized for colt saa? Or, I have the one from hidecrafters for the 1860 army, what do I need to change?
Thanks pards

Brazos Jack posted a pattern for an 1863 Civil War Holster on leatherworker.net. 

http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/52011-civil-war-1863-pattern-holster/
STORM #444

"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 12:08:49 PM »
The Pattern 1863 holster, originally made to hold both the M1860 Colt's and Remington New Model Army (what we call the M1858) with 8-inch barrels turned out to fit the Colt's Single Action Army (or Colt's "strap pistol" as it was called when introduced)!  It might take wet-fitting around the SAA's ejector housing and thumbpiece, but should fit.   My pattern was made from an original Pattern 1863 holster, and I use the same pattern for Colt's SAA's.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Holsterguy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 06:42:15 PM »
Thanks guys!  Trailrider, is your pattern the same as Simmon's? I made his for a 1860 army, and it fit, but is waaay too tight for my saa.

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 10:27:08 PM »
Thanks guys!  Trailrider, is your pattern the same as Simmon's? I made his for a 1860 army, and it fit, but is waaay too tight for my saa.
I have no idea what Simmon's pattern is like. I simply made mine from an original Pattern 1863 holster that was too far gone to preserve as a complete, stitched holster.  In other words, I bought a basket case and flattened it out, traced the pattern and made a holster. It is easy to see that the SAA fits the '63 pattern holster.  Also, in accordance with several references, the Pattern 1863 turned out to accept the Colt's "strap" pistol, aka Single Action Army of 1873.  The original stud finial of my "dead" '63 holster was used to have a carbide contour lath tool bit made by a machine shop, and that is what I use to make the finials.  I suppose some purist would consider this too "farby" for their tastes, but I polish them so it is difficult to tell they aren't "headed".  Anyway, the shape is correct.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com