Author Topic: 66 magazine spring jammed  (Read 3856 times)

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
66 magazine spring jammed
« on: November 04, 2017, 01:39:25 AM »
As the title says, the magazine spring in my 66 jammed and i can't get it loose. someone know what i can do?

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 66 magazine spring jammed
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 02:32:15 AM »
i fixed it, please delete this

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 08:42:12 AM »
Well if you tell us what was wrong and how ya fixed it,  somebody might learn something .  .  .  .  .

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:14:02 PM »

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 03:48:21 PM »
Well if you tell us what was wrong and how ya fixed it,  somebody might learn something .  .  .  .  .

Mike

yes!!! ..............save somebody else the headaches

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 04:13:52 PM »
Don't know the OP's issue, but some years back there were some yellowboys that from the factory had gotten a dent somehow in the mag tube, under the forend where you couldnt see it.  The spring could get past it but not the follower.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 04:41:42 PM »
In my old used Marlin cowboy .45 inside the mag tube got rusty. Not a place that you normally oil so I didn't as oil and primers don't go together. Well I replaced the spring and follower with s/s parts and lightly oiled enough to clean things up. Does fine now. The only other thing would be a dent or rusted up weak spring.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 10:57:39 AM »

There you were at 40,000 feet.  No parachute, All the lights went red and the "your gonna DIE" alarm went off.  So you called the tower personnel for help.  We all were grabbing for our "push to talk" buttons when you suddenly said ..... Never Mind.  Fix'd.

So:  Those of us who thought you were going to dig a big fiery HOLE IN THE DESERT are left wondering ........ WHAT???  And then you just walk off nonchalantly like nothing ever happened??   I.  DON'T.   THINK.   SO!!   so .. what was really wrong??  Kinda curious we are.

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 06:45:26 PM »
AHHA, so dat's where dat dam bubble gun went. HAR
wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 07:22:12 PM »
Hey guys, is this the same guy who never splained why he was having to scrape lead out of his chamber of his winchester and uberti rifles and who probably never came back from the outhouse? (Only place other than the pokey that might tie you up for a spell.)???
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 07:44:48 PM »
There you were at 40,000 feet.  No parachute, All the lights went red and the "your gonna DIE" alarm went off.  So you called the tower personnel for help.  We all were grabbing for our "push to talk" buttons when you suddenly said ..... Never Mind.  Fix'd.

So:  Those of us who thought you were going to dig a big fiery HOLE IN THE DESERT are left wondering ........ WHAT???  And then you just walk off nonchalantly like nothing ever happened??   I.  DON'T.   THINK.   SO!!   so .. what was really wrong??  Kinda curious we are.

Hey Coffinmaker
I finished my '92 conversion I was working on weeks back - magazine tube? my buddy in town would just order a spare for a Rossi -but there goes another hunnerd and two months wait - on all the old ones I have seen is steel electrical conduit - we have miles of it here - cept its in the house roof wid wires init - didnt feel like rewiring the joint to get a piece of it out so I went lookin - found an old piece on the farm rubbish tip - straight as a die - cleaned the rust off and heat blued it nice but still rusty and rough inside - the spring compressing as I load is not a happy sound at all - maybe they still sell this stuff ?? went in the homemakers store (where I buy me pillow ticking for patches for the front end loader) bingo !!16mm curtain rod - made in China so its really thin but right size inside - seven bucks for six foot piece - burn the plastic coating off - polish her up - heat blued with the oxy torch - nice !
Ok - drop the gun its gonna ding the mag fer sure - but I not in the habit of throwin em on the ground - this stuff is too small outside for yr normal hangers and stuff but I was makin those from scratch anyhow ---and ya could hide the difference wid a lil thin collar/spacer.
Nuther thing I did was - have made a couple of forend woods and they are a right pain - always got in a mess tryin to drill the magazine tube hole straight with old drills n stuff - I have a mill now so I bought a 5/8" carbide ball cutter (Ebay - china less than ten bucks landed here) so clamp the squared wood piece and mill a centre slot then run the ball cutter through fer a nice neat straight hole fer the tube (5/8 is a little tight so gotta off set the piece and take a smidge off each side as extry cuts) - this has been in my - how the heck we gonna do it - pile for ages - so now lookin fer some nice wood for after christmas . All fun!!!

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 10:12:06 PM »

Thanks for the laugh! But yeah. It was the spring getting tangled up together and wouldn't want to retract

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com