Author Topic: Turkey time so stuff it.  (Read 57195 times)

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
Re: Turkey time so stuff it.
« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2017, 01:23:04 AM »

I got a (thin) steel, locking gun cabinet from Sportsman's Warehouse for $150, though.  Normal price was $230.  Holds 18 guns, has the option of a some shelves(at the expense of half its long gun capacity), and comes with two keys.  You could break into it with a stout screwdriver were you of a mind to, but it gets my $1300 rifle out from under the bed.  And hopefully it would be enough of a deterrence to a potential housebreaker to get him to leave it alone.
--TK

sounds like a good deal!
If you line it or "clad" it in about an inch or so of drywall, that can provide some limited amount of fire resistance, and if one gets creative in hiding it, even better....

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2017, 07:11:54 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 24 and overcast. High of 49.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #242 on: November 27, 2017, 11:37:15 AM »
sounds like a good deal!
If you line it or "clad" it in about an inch or so of drywall, that can provide some limited amount of fire resistance, and if one gets creative in hiding it, even better....

yhs
prof marvel

I agree with that plus lag bolt it the floor in a closet, or a room not readably  visible.

Thanks for the coffee ..

Temps here 65 currently

Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #243 on: Today at 07:11:18 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2017, 06:02:25 PM »
Start my weekend- wife came in around 1400 said she had 2 flat tires. To her that means she needs new tires. I said i would pump them up and take up the road and get them repaired. So i limped it down the hill to the hay shed where the Air Compressor resides. It is just a small Milwakie brand, for nailers etc. but will inflate tires if need too. Found the extension cord that at been removed and relocated. Powered it up and turned it on.  It cycled thru first fill abd shut off as it should. I found the proper implement to fill a tire attached it to hose. You know the cute little coiled up plastic ones. I gave it a tug to use it. When snap and the tank began draining. So shut it off and dug around in back of jeep and found wrenches and began stripping the connectors from the broken hose. I swear i replaced this one 2 summers ago. When i built the chicken house. Of course my air nailer blew it seal shortly after that and i since went to cordless crown and finish nailers. Back to the flat tires. It gets dark about 1630 around here this time of year. It is now 15:00, so i drive 5 miles up road to auto part store. Picked up a better quality hose, one fitting. Drive home and i begin repairs. First i assembled the ends on new hose and started compressor again. It finished cycling about same time i finished putting hose ends on. I then tried to snap the male end back in to the female connector on the compressor. It will not snap back to lock. I fussed with it and tried WD40, realizing here duct tape will not fix this. I remove it and back to parts store and bought another end. Back to the homestead now 1600. I change the end out and cycle air in to tank, inflate flat number 1 and then after a cycling of air inflated flat 2. Now 16:40. Too late to take to local tire shop for repairs. But the chickens have put them selves in and i closed their hatch 🐣 up for the night. Goats one in paticular is in heat and very voicestous i threw them a flake of hay. Then noticed Suzanne must have also.
Tomorrow i will pump the tires up again then drop the truck off up the road for repairs.
I start pulmonory rehab again tomorrow for the next 12 weeks. I have prayed on this and i think the Lord wants me to do this, he is not done with me yet. Then go with Suzanne to her weekly day time bowling league.  Then the tires should be repaired.
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2017, 06:50:51 PM »
Some lessons from Roo's magnificent air adventure:

Cute little curly cue air hoses are marketed by a company that needs to sell you another one next year.

There are more than one style of air hose connector. Nobody knows why. They won't interchange.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2017, 07:10:20 PM »
  The hose and connector people might be also connected to the petroleum companies in this country.  Just a nother day livin’ the dream
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2017, 08:28:42 PM »
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: November 28, 2017, 07:00:37 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 49 and overcast. High of 55.

Slim

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2017, 07:04:38 AM »
For about $70, Wally Mart has an emergency jump starter with a compressor. I keep it in the trunk, and it has more than paid for itself.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »
For about $70, Wally Mart has an emergency jump starter with a compressor. I keep it in the trunk, and it has more than paid for itself.

We bought one for the church- for the golf carts they use for shuttling around the parking lots, of course and anyone that need a jump or air. I should get one around here. They are handy.

Thanks for the coffee Slim.

Off to town. Tires are holding good enough for the short trip.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
Good work out in therapy today- tire issue resolved - goats have been fed- i think i can can get a nap in now. I deserve it.  ;D
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2017, 07:08:52 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 21 and overcast. High of 39.

Slim

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #252 on: November 29, 2017, 07:46:30 AM »
Thanks for the coffee...In the 50's this morning with soup-thick fog which should lift by mid-morning.  High in the 70's. 
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #253 on: November 29, 2017, 07:58:03 AM »
We had a nice  'no more mortgage payments ' party last week so to prepare I washed the windows. When I got to my bedroom picture window exterior I found a rotted out sill under the incorrectly installed flashing. So I've ripped off the vynal siding, T-111 and sheathing, removed the rotten stuff, replaced it and today plan on correctly flashing the window, caulking and putting new plywood, T111 and the siding back. Only a  3 day job I hope. That's what you get for paying things off. Luckily the weathers been great this week in NC.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: November 29, 2017, 08:29:39 AM »
We had a nice  'no more mortgage payments ' party last week so to prepare I washed the windows. When I got to my bedroom picture window exterior I found a rotted out sill under the incorrectly installed flashing. So I've ripped off the vynal siding, T-111 and sheathing, removed the rotten stuff, replaced it and today plan on correctly flashing the window, caulking and putting new plywood, T111 and the siding back. Only a  3 day job I hope. That's what you get for paying things off. Luckily the weathers been great this week in NC.

When you are done i have one that needs the same repairs... maybe in the spring.

Thanks for the coffee-

headed to town for therapy. 

Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: November 29, 2017, 12:03:52 PM »
Back from therapy- may run to Tractor supply store or the Co-Op store.  Got make some leads to tie a bully Nanny goat up while she eats. I just as soon roast her on the grill.  But my wifes Scot in her shows, “she make good babies”.  ::) she had Triplettes this year she also produces nearly 2 gallons of milk a day.  We get nearly a gallon out of the others for comparison.  That is a lot of cheese and soap products.
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
Afternoon all.

Overcast and 45 in California.  Not much going on in my part of the world, though.  Walk the dog later on in the day, then make a soup with the leftover turkey.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2017, 06:00:12 AM »
taking some PTO today and tomorrow...need to use it , still have 88 hours left on the books, and does not roll over to 2018  :(

what to do ?  no clue .... hate crowds , traffic and places they go.... .

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2017, 06:30:46 AM »
Fishing is always good in Florida
There is always the gun range but that maybe a little boring............NOT!
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2017, 07:21:21 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 36 and overcast. High of 45.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com