Author Topic: Turkey time so stuff it.  (Read 57208 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Turkey time so stuff it.
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2017, 12:19:51 PM »
Off Sun and Mon, headed to the basement till time to go in.  One more dowel and clamp and I have all 11 pieces of a rocking chair seat together.  Will watch ovens in comfort  this year.

Doing a complete revamp of the gear.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2017, 01:35:04 PM »
My Monday :)

Suzanne and i had a nice day yesterday despite the rain and fog.  Went to the highest point in Alabama. Mt Cheaha State Park. Had lunch ( not as good as last time we were there) we did take a walk out over Bald Rock, via the boardwalk.  Considering carrying a o2 tank on my back and the weather, i did pretty well. We both enjoyed it.  Of course it cleared off today.
  I'm blessed with this job, they kept it open while i was off my lung collapse. They have worked with me on my ability to preform. Paid my health insurance while i was off. They trust me, that i will get what is required to get done and report any thing different. I probably won't get a perfect attendance bonus this year, but i was off awhile. ;)
They claim they will pay for my practice ammo for my carry weapon. I have yet to charge it back.
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2017, 02:10:04 PM »
Afternoon all.

Slight breeze coming in from the northwest, and the rain with it.  White stuff up higher.

Going to take the dog out and walk the fire break after a while.  Or a couple miles of it, anyway.  I'm curious to see exactly where it is.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 10:27:21 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »
Took the A/C unit out of the window. Less drafty now.  ::)

My Monday :)

Suzanne and i had a nice day yesterday despite the rain and fog.  Went to the highest point in Alabama. Mt Cheaha State Park. Had lunch ( not as good as last time we were there) we did take a walk out over Bald Rock, via the boardwalk.  Considering carrying a o2 tank on my back and the weather, i did pretty well. We both enjoyed it.  Of course it cleared off today.
  I'm blessed with this job, they kept it open while i was off my lung collapse. They have worked with me on my ability to preform. Paid my health insurance while i was off. They trust me, that i will get what is required to get done and report any thing different. I probably won't get a perfect attendance bonus this year, but i was off awhile. ;)
They claim they will pay for my practice ammo for my carry weapon. I have yet to charge it back.

Sounds like a good place to work.
What is your carry weapon?

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2017, 03:10:43 PM »
G22  

I do trade out to my 1911 or My S&W model 10 on occasions
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2017, 03:16:48 PM »
Headed to work, glue setting, sharpen the big chisle shaving sharp, level some of the uneven spots with it before I plane it.  Am I the only one who loves removing wood with a sharp chisle?
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2017, 03:25:47 PM »
No.......sharp chisel is safer 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2017, 03:28:40 PM »
Headed to work, glue setting, sharpen the big chisle shaving sharp, level some of the uneven spots with it before I plane it.  Am I the only one who loves removing wood with a sharp chisle?

Nope
Mathew 5.9

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2017, 03:50:09 PM »
I cut most of the saddle notches on our little cabin with a chisel and hammer. I tell you, them Gnats wait till just as you swing, and go straight for the eyes.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2017, 05:47:40 PM »
G22  

I do trade out to my 1911 or My S&W model 10 on occasions
You are allowed to carry your own gun at work?

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2017, 10:20:04 PM »
You are allowed to carry your own gun at work?

Slim

Yes, 3 of us are armed and carry our own.  The other 2 prefer not to be.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2017, 06:32:05 AM »
Coffee is on....

Thank a Veteran Day...

Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2017, 06:53:11 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Thank you, veterans for your service.

White stuff on the road.  ::)

'Tis 24 and overcast. "Cloudy. Light snow likely in the morning  then a chance of light snow in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the lower 30s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent."

Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2017, 08:53:29 AM »
Going to the toy store this morn to buy a llama. This one is like new in box and eats .380 ACP.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2017, 12:45:53 PM »
Morning all.

Sun is peeking through the clouds today.  I was supposed to be out hunting fall turkeys at dawn, but about three this morning I got hit hard by round two of whatever crud I have.  Sore throat, no voice, and coughing. :-\ Lucky me.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »
Morning all.

Sun is peeking through the clouds today.  I was supposed to be out hunting fall turkeys at dawn, but about three this morning I got hit hard by round two of whatever crud I have.  Sore throat, no voice, and coughing. :-\ Lucky me.

--TK
Drink orange juice and maybe tea with honey in it.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2017, 05:35:38 PM »
Drink orange juice and maybe tea with honey in it.

Slim

I went the black coffee with honey route, though I'm thinking I might add a cup of Earl Gray to that, too.  Also some spicy rabbit stew for the sinuses.  Don't have any orange juice right now, either. :-\

--TK

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2017, 06:07:24 PM »
Sat in a tree stand for 3 hours this morning, Saw Nada. Walked a wide circle back to the truck, shot a nice young doe within 100 yards of the truck. TK, had my scope on some wild turkeys this afternoon, but, it's not firearms turkey season here, so, just looking. Besides that, turkeys are shotgun only when in season, no scoped .308 allowed.

Side note, went to go out the front door to get some firewood, and there on the porch was a groundhog(woodchuck to you non-hillbillies) ON THE PORCH eating the "squash decorations" there. Slipped back to the bedroom, retrieved the .357 Blackhawk that lives on top of the closet, back to the front porch, and Sent 2 rounds after him as he left. Darn. 0 for 2. I'll be watching for you, Mister Ground Hog.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2017, 07:21:59 PM »
Watching Highnoon on GRIT TV
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2017, 07:27:14 PM »
Sat in a tree stand for 3 hours this morning, Saw Nada. Walked a wide circle back to the truck, shot a nice young doe within 100 yards of the truck. TK, had my scope on some wild turkeys this afternoon, but, it's not firearms turkey season here, so, just looking. Besides that, turkeys are shotgun only when in season, no scoped .308 allowed.

Side note, went to go out the front door to get some firewood, and there on the porch was a groundhog(woodchuck to you non-hillbillies) ON THE PORCH eating the "squash decorations" there. Slipped back to the bedroom, retrieved the .357 Blackhawk that lives on top of the closet, back to the front porch, and Sent 2 rounds after him as he left. Darn. 0 for 2. I'll be watching for you, Mister Ground Hog.

Niece's husband shot a nice 11 pointer somewhere in central Ohio. Nice looking animal. I need to download a new photo share- so i can show it

Slim did you adopt or not?

Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com