Author Topic: Turkey time so stuff it.  (Read 57207 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Turkey time so stuff it.
« on: November 01, 2017, 11:30:59 AM »
Should be candy on sale today.

Wore the frock coat, vest, tie and the Rand hat yesterday to work.  The hipsters were in awe.

At the quieter store now in the better neighborhood, much slower pace.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Turkey time so stuff it.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 12:00:41 PM »
Morning all.

I just left the lights off in the house and let the dog bark when anybody knocked.  Then ignored them until they went away.  ::)

Sunny and 32 here right now.  Our one hen is at the stage of molting where she's naked from chin to keel, and no wing feathers, so we have her locked up in the coop until it warms up a little more.

Just got done kneading a loaf of bread for the past hour.  I had to use that einkorn stuff again because nobody has gotten around to  buying any regular flour yet.  I wanted bread and I'm too impatient to wait for flour, plus that spark of curiosity around this einkorn stuff prompted me to try it.  Now I know that it's a PITA to knead because those "evil gluten things" take forever to build.  So I'm going to let it rise for about 6 hours before baking to help.  Might even knead it a second time.  We'll see.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 12:23:04 PM »
Our one hen is at the stage of molting where she's naked from chin to keel, and no wing feathers, so we have her locked up in the coop until it warms up a little more.

--TK

Is the grease warm enough yet for the hen?  Sounds like she is ready for the pan!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:26:40 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 01:42:39 PM »
Out here in the sticks , it is to far between gates and no road lights for treater's to be covered by.

Have never seen one even venture down from the gate. When Kellie was little we take her to her Cousins or friends neighborhoods.
even did the Sand-lake Fashion Square mall one year.

As for me and last night, I was tired , "SHE" was in Melbourne,  so I watch a bit of Bizarre Foods (Shanghai) with Andrew Zimmern and went to bed early.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 04:20:05 PM »
I forgot it was a new month today.
So Slim why are the Chinese Chic numbers down? 

Is the grease warm enough yet for the hen?  Sounds like she is ready for the pan!

I thought the same thing- i mean it is all ready plucked ::)

After watching the world series last night i wished i would have watched Bizarre Foods last night.

Wed Night Supper at Church. Pork chops were on the menu. $3.50 per person. Prayer meeting is free afterwards
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 04:22:54 PM »
Wanted to share this beauty with ya'll

Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 08:24:23 PM »
I forgot it was a new month today.
So Slim why are the Chinese Chic numbers down? 
I am not sure.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »
I'm guessing this is the Cawfee n Vittles thread for November.If not, someone send me the link... ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 09:59:28 PM »
I'm guessing this is the Cawfee n Vittles thread for November.If not, someone send me the link... ;D ;D

I think you found it.  I'd assumed so, otherwise I'm in the wrong place.  ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 11:16:47 PM »

I did the same thing
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 04:22:21 AM »
Knew right off....Del had our back...

As I said , no Trick or Treater's  not in 30 years we been here , wonder what I've saved in NOT buying freeloader candy ?  ???

Chinese Chicken I would guess =  Pheasant ?  don't recall ever trying it....Dove , Cornish hen ... yeah , Quail perhaps, 
Duck , Chicken & Turkey of course ....even a thing call Turducken ( not big fan of it though  :-\ )
I'd like to try Emu, I hear it is very rich.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 06:36:15 AM »
Morning Coffee is up.

Never had Emu- had neighbor give me some Ostrich once. My dogs would not touch it.  I'll pass on Emu
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »
If you yearn for a succulent steak or a thick, juicy burger but want to avoid all that fat and cholesterol, there is another choice. It's what the Australians have been eating for hundreds of years - flavorful red emu meat. Similar in taste and texture to beef, red emu meat has more protein and less calories and sodium than most other red meat. With only two grams of fat per four-ounce serving, emu meat is a heart-healthy alternative to conventional red meat.

No dog in the fight, but I sound like an ad man....I what to try it though.... :)

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »
You are the Sam Elliot voice over guy for "Emu it's what for supper tonight"
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »
Afternoon all.

Expecting rain and that cold stuff that's like rain, but starts with an S.  I got the dog walked before it hit, but the place we went looks to be getting drenched right now.  Hasn't gotten to the house yet, but on it's way.

I'd try emu, given the opportunity.  Personally, my favorite meat is hickory-smoked elk, but since I don't have any hickory, a smoker, or an elk, I don't get that very often. ::)

Finally got another video up on YouTube.  Only took me three months.  Apparently YouTube doesn't think that growing wheat in a bucket is advertiser friendly, so I'm not making any money on it, but oh well.

--TK

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »
Afternoon all.

Expecting rain and that cold stuff that's like rain, but starts with an S.  I got the dog walked before it hit, but the place we went looks to be getting drenched right now.  Hasn't gotten to the house yet, but on it's way.

I'd try emu, given the opportunity.  Personally, my favorite meat is hickory-smoked elk, but since I don't have any hickory, a smoker, or an elk, I don't get that very often. ::)

Finally got another video up on YouTube.  Only took me three months.  Apparently YouTube doesn't think that growing wheat in a bucket is advertiser friendly, so I'm not making any money on it, but oh well.

--TK

Do you have a link to it?  There is a ton of homesteader videos with container growning wheat and other grains on trays also. Mostly for feed purposes.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 06:16:36 PM »
Out here in the sticks , it is to far between gates and no road lights for treater's to be covered by.

Have never seen one even venture down from the gate. When Kellie was little we take her to her Cousins or friends neighborhoods.
even did the Sand-lake Fashion Square mall one year.

As for me and last night, I was tired , "SHE" was in Melbourne,  so I watch a bit of Bizarre Foods (Shanghai) with Andrew Zimmern and went to bed early.
We are also a good mile from either paved road, and our driveway is a 1/4 mile. I end up having to eat the candy myself... :)

And "SHE" must have either friends or family in Melbourne, pretty much the only reason to stop there. Even with the nice mall  ::)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 06:58:29 PM »
Yes, Chinese Chicken is pheasant. The breasts are dark meat.

I bought a box of American Eagle .357 Mag on Tuesday. Shot some in the SP101 this evening. It was not a pleasurable experience.   ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 07:15:46 PM »
I bought a box of the Hornady .357 125gr XTP they are hollow points. Recoil wasn't horrible, they are pricey though. Think i will try a page out of Elmer Keiths data bank and try .38 spl 140 semi wad cutter. They may have been 147 grain. I will try some other stuff also
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 07:23:07 PM »
I bought a box of the Hornady .357 125gr XTP they are hollow points. Recoil wasn't horrible, they are pricey though. Think i will try a page out of Elmer Keiths data bank and try .38 spl 140 semi wad cutter. They may have been 147 grain. I will try some other stuff also
My .38 Spl load is 158gr Lee LSWC on top of 3.1 grs of Clays.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com