Author Topic: IMR Red  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Bull Skinner

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
IMR Red
« on: October 30, 2017, 08:14:42 PM »
Anybody got a load using IMR RED and a 200 grainer in 44-40?

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: IMR Red
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:01:28 PM »
Just read about "Red" today after receiving my new issue of 'Handloader'. All the 'color' IMR powders look interesting and like possible good performers. Probably won't get any for a while as I have a bunch of Alliant Red and Blue Dot on hand yet, not to mention enough of other 'like' powders to burn.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Bull Skinner

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:53:40 PM »
I think it is IMR's version of Red Dot.  It looks just like it. Red dots and all. I loaded some 38s with it. It loads close to Red Dot, may be a hair warmer. No chrono but a load of it 2/10s of a grain below my Red Dot load feels the same.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:56:02 AM »

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 09:44:10 AM »
I think it is IMR's version of Red Dot.  It looks just like it. Red dots and all. I loaded some 38s with it. It loads close to Red Dot, may be a hair warmer. No chrono but a load of it 2/10s of a grain below my Red Dot load feels the same.

Believe your right, esp the "version" comparison. See they (IMR/Hodgon) even have ones they call 'Green and Blue along with the 'Red', have colored flakes in them for ID purposes. Didn't fully read the specs comparing with Alliants powders of the color/dot fame, but they look close and for the same shotgun/handgun style loads. 
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com